OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope y'all give KD the same treatment in the near future.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Originally Posted by Antidope  
This "Never repeated" thing is so dumb
There's something to be said for defending a championship, bro.

What I think is dumb is when people think less of a team that hasn't repeated, ad if the original championship doesn't count.

Just ONE is what so many play for, but that doesn't count because they didn't repeat? Nah, they still won that first one.
laugh.gif

AceAcey in the case of the Spurs, they did it 5 times. Doesn't count because they were scattered? LiLi they go from 5 to 0 because none of those 5 were consecutive?
laugh.gif

Silly.
Pretty much all I care about. The phrase "Pretend champions" has been used on here to describe the Spurs because of their lack of repeating. That is asinine.

But continue with the Chris Paul slander. Someone @ me when its time to slander Glenn Rivers

Kevin Durant? The former NBA MVP, 4x scoring champ, and player who has seen the conference finals on numerous occasions?

Why would he get the same treatment?

if the only slander for a team/player is never repeating, then that's a damn good team. multiple chips, being a great team for that many yrs. it's really hard to do in today's sport

Last edited:
There's levels to this ****. Stop acting so naive.

How you gonna hate from outside the club, you can't eem get in? CP0 is down the street, KD/Stockton has at least made it to the bar, just not to the VIP section yet.

Maybe if he would have benched Rivers and played Turkoglu

Beyond doc wanting to see his kid get some shine Rivers was decent this series. Could've messed up whatever rhythm they were on at least until those last minutes if game 6...
Yep and that's the differences between him and pops cause Patty Mills could have been getting his shine on and would have benched him for the better good of the team if need be.

Wasn't Harden the one saying that Warriors didn't amount to nothing? Then got swept in the regular season...

There's levels to this ****. Stop acting so naive.

How you gonna hate from outside the club, you can't eem get in? CP0 is down the street, KD/Stockton has at least made it to the bar, just not to the VIP section yet.

Don't even bother. 11 posts, joined yesterday, and the guy slandered Kobe less than 9 hours ago.

I think I have an idea who he is. :nerd:

Last edited:
1. Duncan is the greatest pf of all time

2. Bron is the greatest sf of all time

3. CP3 is not top 5 pg of all time

Don't even bother. 11 posts, joined yesterday, and the guy slandered Kobe less than 9 hours ago.

I think I have an idea who he is. :nerd:

At least he's trying to be more creative and not have a Spurs related SN.

Last edited:

without slandering players. what was the biggest factor in the Clippers blowing this series?
without slander, bench didnt show up, while the bench was the allstars for houston. bench saved houston in game 6 AND 7. while the clippers bench dug them into the grave in 6 and 7. Doc also made 0 adjustments when needed

[quote name="PMatic"]I always see Duncan's Spurs get knocked for not repeating, but never Bird's Celtics.

*Shrugs*[/quote]Early 00s Pistons were TOUGH, and not only did they never repeat, but they only made 2 Finals.

Ask Chauncey if he cares, if he wasn't really on that great of a squad because of just one ring, no repeat. Actually, don't ask Chauncey, ask the Bulls or LeBron or the Pacers.

Dirk: 2 Finals, 1 ring, so obviously no repeat. But the years before and after that sole ring show that that was a TOUGH squad, repeat be damned.

Wade was heralded on here as a top SG of ALL TIME with just one ring.

Honestly, having 5 championships in 6 tries scattered from 99 to 14 without ever missing the playoffs shows that you never sucked, you were never terrible. THAT is more preferable than repeating and being a laughingstock and repeating and being a laughingstock.

Last edited:

without slander, bench didnt show up, while the bench was the allstars for houston. bench saved houston in game 6 AND 7. while the clippers bench dug them into the grave in 6 and 7. Doc also made 0 adjustments when needed
agreed.

i also think people would have a very different reaction if lets say GSW blew the series also. the LAC are like the nWo wolfpack and the LAL are the og nWo

Don't give me that "made it to the finals" nonsense. If you haven't won, you haven't won. KD is an all-time great talent just like Lebron. The expectation for KD is to win MULTIPLE titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abematic View Post

Clippers ready to offer 5 years MAX contract.
Max for a guy who is a liability on the floor that can't shoot a freethrow

They really have no other choice.

I wouldn't say that...Jordan is great for that team but he's got some serious value. I'd shop around and see what I could get before I slid him a max deal. But Doc's the GM so....they'll probably give him the max, Keep Austin, and hire the Washington General to fill out the rest of the roster spots.

[quote name="Abematic"]Clippers ready to offer 5 years MAX contract.
Max for a guy who is a liability on the floor that can't shoot a freethrow[/quote]Let's keep stuff like this in the non-playoff thread.

Talk about the Clippers/Rockets here. That's a playoff discussion.

But team news of a non-Playoff team? Non-Playoff thread.

Please & thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom