OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lets just say lebron turned his career around and was dominant and ended up winning 7 championships he would still never be the GOAT or better than jordan... lets not forget jordan was undefeated in the finals and never jumped to another team just to win a chip... he had to build his team up and make others better like pippin, grant, amstrong and kukoc and make it look like he had a "great" team when in reality he made ok players great
he would be better than jordan if he got 6 IMO

7 would be the nail in the coffin 

"undefeated in the finals" is the most overrated accomplishment ever
Reaching the highest level 6 times and winning all 6 of those times in 6 or less games is overrated? Can't please anyone nowadays.

^ i am a fan of sports before i am a fan of 1 specific player... i am just stating a point... jordan adjusted his game according to the players on his team.... he wasnt like yo this team got some scrubs so let me go to another team with some superstars and win it all... he elevated role players game to another level to win chips unlike lebron who took the easy way out

First time doesn't count. That Cavs team wasn't supposed to be there. And he worked to get there. He did an elite job during that Pistons series.

Last edited by a moderator:

"undefeated in the finals" is the most overrated accomplishment ever
lmao

lmao

their whole job is to win a championship...so going 6/6 in the greatest accomplishment you can have in the nba is overrated?

[thread="624605"] [/thread]
wonder how shiny that gift is gonna be when he's sittin at home with 2 rings...homie might have to regift
I just don't see it happening Freeze. I take Lebron. 12/10 times right now

like, against any team in the game?

heres another question...imagine my dude AS does change the playoff seeding and just takes the top 16..so instead of 3 weak *** east teams, he may have to go against the spurs and the clippers and the rockets before the finals. you still got LBJ?

First time doesn't count. That Cavs team wasn't supposed to be there. And he worked to get there. He did an elite job during that Pistons series.
yup, and saying "he is 0-1 in the finals now he will never be better than MJ" is stupid

he has to do A LOT for him to pass mj (win at least 4 more titles) but just because he's lost in the finals doesnt mean he cant be the GOAT 

have a rep, this gave me a chuckle 
laugh.gif
give me a rep.

[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="GalaxyNexus"][QUOTE name="sea manup"]magic was 9/12 in his career in making it to the finals :x [/QUOTE]6-0 > 6-3. He should've lost in the conference finals.

#Skalogic[/QUOTE]cant speak for ska but

6-0 > 5-4

however

6-0 6-0

Because there were years that Jordan made the playoffs but didn't make the Finals, which is the same outcome as losing the Finals. So Jordan is perfect in the Finals, but it's not like every time his team was a playoff contender they won it all. No.

But let me be quiet and let @GalaxyNexus do my explaining since he knows #Skalogic.

Last edited:
The more impressive thing about Jordan to me, is he did everything basically in 13 seasons (with a brief retirement thrown in)

Obviously not factoring in the Wizards years

But he went into a bad situation and they developed into the power house that they were.. And all of his scoring and other records are in far shorter games played and mins played than these other guys

assuming two players play the same amount of years 

if one goes 5-3 in the finals and the other goes 5-0 in the finals

5-3 is more impressive because those three years he at least made the finals while the other guy never even got that far

both guys have won championships 5 out of the years they played but the first guy did all that and got to the finals an extra 3 times

if jordan was 6-2 in the finals that would be more impressive than being 6-0 in the finals 
speaking on todays game ,

no it just means the conference you played in most likely sucks and you couldnt get it done against the real best team in the L . undefeated is still more impressive., 

Why do people make a fuss about him not 'FINISHING'?  At least he gets to tap it.  Guys like Chris Paul and Javale McGee ain't even get a shot.

If Lebron or Magic, or whoever doesn't FINISH and has COMPLETION ANXIETY then who cares.  Who the hell makes up these stupid stats anyways.

Why do people make a fuss about him not 'FINISHING'?  At least he gets to tap it.  Guys like Chris Paul and Javale McGee ain't even get a shot.

If Lebron or Magic, or whoever doesn't FINISH and has COMPLETION ANXIETY then who cares.  Who the hell makes up these stupid stats anyways.
alonzo gif

speaking on todays game ,

no it just means the conference you played in most likely sucks and you couldnt get it done against the real best team in the L . undefeated is still more impressive., 
this is also true. it is a great accomplishment to get there but if the east sucks then its not that great

First time doesn't count. That Cavs team wasn't supposed to be there. And he worked his *** off to get there. He did an elite job during that Pistons series.

If lebron gets to 5 or 6 titles, best believe anyone trying to sell his legacy will be quick to throw that finals appearance in there

So let me get this straight.. 0-7 in the finals is better than 6-0 because the "other guy" got to the finals more times... Mhmm got it

Originally Posted by sea manup  
Originally Posted by GalaxyNexus  
Originally Posted by sea manup  
magic was 9/12 in his career in making it to the finals 
sick.gif
6-0 > 6-3. He should've lost in the conference finals.

#Skalogic
cant speak for ska but

6-0 > 5-4

however

6-0 < 6-4

championships are always the most important but getting to the finals is always better than not making it that far 
I disagree.

5-4 > 6-0

Because there were years that Jordan made the playoffs but didn't make the Finals, which is the same outcome as losing the Finals. So Jordan is perfect in the Finals, but it's not like every time his team was a playoff contender they won it all. No.

But let me be quiet and let Nexus do my explaining since he knows #Skalogic.
i always rank finals wins first, tie breaker goes to the guy with more finals losses because that's better than not making the finals

kareem is my GOAT because 6-4 > 6-0

and along with all the other things he's accomplished 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom