OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotya, i see it now.  You mean if Golden State wins the WCF, a rookie coach has to win the chip.

i read your post as "if Golden State wins the Finals...."

my bad!
I totally read it the same way 
laugh.gif

I hear you, and this makes a lot of sense. However, he won five rings but since he played in the weaker conference, how do we know he even gets there if he plays in the west? If we're going to talk about how successful he was when he got to the finals, then how do we not account for who he had to play to get there? This isn't an argument that I would use against Magic, but a lot of people use this against Lebron. 

This why I don't use rings as the end all / be all of comparing players. (Which I try and stray away from anyway) There's soooo many factors that go into championships, from strength of conference, to injuries, coaching, etc. that to try and use the number of rings to validate Lebron's greatness is silly. 
I went back and played JD's little game, if we want to do comparisons it's cool. 

From 80-89- The West had 25 teams that won 50 games, the East had 35. 

From 06-15- The West had 56 teams that won 50 games, the East had 27.

Again more than double the amount of teams as I said before. So while Magic may have played in a weaker conference, the disparity was nowhere near what it is now which is what my initial point was to your question of who had the weaker conference. And even so, he went 5-3 during that span and Bron is staring 2-4 right in the face. 

The got damn Hawks that just got broomed won 60 games.

Stop bringing up win totals when we have evidence it doesn't mean much right in front of our eyes.

Last edited:
that hawks team had to be the worst 60 win team i've ever seen.  

i know the 01 spurs and 03 pistons got washed pretty badly when they had home court advantage in the conference finals and recovered pretty nicely but i just don't see that from these hawks     
laugh.gif

with teams like lebrons teams the past few years, jordans bulls, the spurs during this time, the lakers during their winning years and the celtics these past few years, win total really didn't mean much.   

you knew and know for lebrons teams presently that they'll take care of business in the playoffs.  they might lose a few games during the regular season and miss out on a 1 seed or even home court advantage in the 2nd round but you know their more then capable of handling their business come playoff time. 

how does it get swept under the rug?

they were ultimately judged off how many rings they won.   they went 5-3 in the finals in the 80's which means they won 5 titles. the west was weak but utlimately they won 5 of the 8 finals they appeared in.

if lebrons cavs/heat teams win a similar number with a similar record when it's all said and done the east being weak is a moot point.

if they proceed to get washed by the warriors, people are in denial if they don't admit that 5 straight finals appearances is a reflection of playing in an inferior conference.    i'm not mentioning the 07 finals because taking that crap cavs team to the finals and beating detroit was an accomplishment in its own but they had no chance in hell of beating the spurs that year.
I hear you, and this makes a lot of sense. However, he won five rings but since he played in the weaker conference, how do we know he even gets there if he plays in the west? If we're going to talk about how successful he was when he got to the finals, then how do we not account for who he had to play to get there? This isn't an argument that I would use against Magic, but a lot of people use this against Lebron. 

This why I don't use rings as the end all / be all of comparing players. (Which I try and stray away from anyway) There's soooo many factors that go into championships, from strength of conference, to injuries, coaching, etc. that to try and use the number of rings to validate Lebron's greatness is silly. 
magic beat the best eastern team 5 times

losing in the finals just means you would not have gotten to the finals if you were in the other conference 

they developed a choker like reputation when they goofed again in 95.    not sure how it would've translated in the playoffs but if i recall correctly in the regular season during those years they won the majority of the games they played against the rockets and put them out the playoffs when they met in 93 and 96.  

The got damn Hawks that just got broomed won 60 games.

Stop bringing up win totals when we have evidence it doesn't mean much right in front of our eyes.
That Hawks team is cool in the Reg season when them being small means less because no team can really scout you.

Play a team 7 games though, any team 8 seed or 1 seed and you are going to have issues.

But, next year willl be the same, we will have all these "new hot" teams balling out and cats will act like 7 game series can be compared to the Reg season, and forget how different the post season really is.

Hawks were never ready.

Next up, GSW. They of course will lose for a different reason but, they aren't ready for this post season Lebron, just yet, either.

Last edited:
Dion Waiters gotta be feeling some type of way..
How the hell did CLE end up with Shump AND JR ANNNND the Thunder's first round pick for Waiters, WHO SHOULD HAVE STRAIGHT OUT BEEN WAIVED

roll.gif

CLE is going to have Thunder's first round pick in 2016 for sure. JESUS

Dion Waiters gotta be feeling some type of way..
How the hell did CLE end up with Shump AND JR ANNNND the Thunder's first round pick for Waiters, WHO SHOULD HAVE STRAIGHT OUT BEEN WAIVED

roll.gif

CLE is going to have Thunder's first round pick in 2016 for sure. JESUS
It was all part of what Knicks fans claimed to be a "genius move" by Phil.

We sure he works for NY and not King James?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom