Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

He had his bad moments, but Beatty has actually played well outside of the Lions/Eagles game, he is just inconsistent at this point.

I thought the Giants did a good job with pass protection yesterday, but they helped the Cowboys out a ton with trying to force the ball too often. Pass plays kept working well, the holding calls and false starts

Cowboys were 70+% on 3rd down, that is disgusting.

We still have the division games left all at home, but we are in a bit of a hole with Eagles and Cowboys only having 1 loss. In no way is this season over, especially when you put into account injuries potentially having a huge impact to either Philly or Dallas.

BYE then home vs. Indy, I should be in attendance because I want to see Andrew Luck live. Anyone else going to that?

I still cant get over the first possession of the game.
roll.gif
Yeah, 3 straight runs...I was like...
sick.gif

ODB and Eli were solid.

But no run game followed by a defense that can't stop a thing and you're not going to have a chance against a healthy Murray and Dez who can do w/e he wants.

It's sad...and the schedule after the bye is brutal...Always feels like we get such a hard schedule...sad. Season could easily be over in a few weeks.

I'm still shocked we ran 3 straight times to start the game. I get trying to get the run going but don't force it, like don't force passes which Eli which is what this new offense is not doing. Eli only 6 TOs on the year. Fumbles and drops cost us at least 1 game maybe 2.

ODB is the real deal shame we lost cruz and didnt see what they could both do on the field for a few games at least. He is the key to our season, we need him on the field its going to get safeties back which will of course help the run game.

a split with Philly and cowboys would have put us in great shape. I think we are still in a good position for playoffs. this has been the best schedule the giants have had since Eli/Tom got here. They have to win the rest of their NFC east games or at worst go 2/3. Colts @hawks 9ers @jags @titans @rams If they win 4 of 6 and go 3/3 in the division they are in the playoffs. Colts game at home is a near must win, they have to win that game for confidence, that win could lead to another streak. Schwartz should start after the bye.

This team is very average
Lose badly to good teams and win big against bad teams

i give the Giants a 10% chance to make the playoffs

gonna need helps from friends in the NFC West and North
there are no margin for errors going forward

I mean, without our best receiver in Cruz, our starting RB, it's was not going to be easy the past two weeks. Eagles and Cowboys have a combined two losses, they just lost to two better teams at this point in time. The Giants are a .500 team so far and it's a tough stretch, but the schedule is very light to end the season.

The only frustrating issue about the last game is if they were able to move the ball vs the Cowboys secondary, they need to start passing to set up the run as opposed to the other way around. The three straight runs to start the game was :lol:

This team would have 1 win without Eli, he played well last week and the team still lost by 10. Defense had several chances to give the offense a last chance and couldn't.

So Beason is out for the year. He didn't have surgery on his foot during the offseason? Is this true? I don't understand why they wouldn't make him get the surgery and come back fully recovered.

If i remember correctly, it was after the Giants signed him. He didn't want to miss any time and thought he could play through the pain, if that was the only issue. Unfortunately even though he rested until week 1, his injury was too much to deal with, and got worse once he came back and went full speed.

I think getting Schwartz back should help. I've probably been the biggest pessimist in here, and I've seen this as a throw away year, but it's gone better than I thought it would. This defense just doesn't have enough playmakers (worst LBs in the NFL) for this to be a good team, and with Cruz and Jennings out + the offensive line inconsistencies, the offense isn't good enough to carry them. But assuming we have Cruz back next yr and Pugh and Richburg develop into reliable starters (I wouldn't be averse to using a 1st rder to replace Beatty at LT, or move him to the right side, w/ Pugh going inside and Richburg to C given Pugh's struggles w/ speed rushers), I'd like to think that w/ a legit LB (I don't believe in Beason or McClain, even if they were healthy) and one playmaking DE or pass rushing SLB, we could have a decent defense. Would love to see Damontre get as many reps as possible bc Kiwi just doesn't have it as a pass rusher anymore and it really hurts us on any 3rd down and long situations. But we're an impact DE and 2 starting LBs away from being a good enough defense to compete w/ good teams imo

Can't see our secondary holding up tonight. Too many injuries.

I would prefer if DRC didn't even play tonight. Let him get healthy.

Missing Beason hurts badly.

Indy's defense isn't that good so our offense gives us a shot at this game but I don't see us winning unfortunately.

Preston Parker is a bum. Give Corey Washington some action.

I'm done with Randle.

Donnell has gone back to who he really is.

Prince is probably out for the year with a torn bicep.

DRC is limited

Such a pitiful performance by this offense. The defense is going hard, especially with all these injuries. They're getting zero help on the other side of the ball. Luckily this isn't a blowout, yet.

Defense has held their own, especially with all these injuries.

Knew our run game would be bad but didn't think our passing game would be this bad :smh:

haven't een followed football that much this season, but the team needs to be overhauled wholesale

eli needs to be let go, coughlin should probably retire, but not be forced to do so. the team's failure is beyond his control

this team would be worse than the jets if it wasnt for eli
he deserves better than this

jerry reese has to go
im tired of the love fest with this guy
drafted bust after bust and cripples after cripples
cant find any quality pieces in free agency

this uninspired coaching staff needs to go as well
i love coughlin and defended him for many years but his time is done , he should retire
the ben macadoo project is a failure, turning eli into alex smith wtf is that crap

Back
Top Bottom