Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

10 mil isn't bad. Cardinals and another team offered him more. He was our best defensive player last year. I thought he would get around 7-8 a year.

Janoris is a good pickup. Interested to see the numbers. Prince is gone. Too much money and he's hurt all the time.

Defense should be much improved. How do we feel about the kid from France? Don't know anything about him but the footage is intriguing albeit he's been up against scrubs. 

We overpaid Jenkins, but at least I understand the mkt going up and needing a 2nd CB.

And Vernon was a huge overpay for Reese to save his job, so i get that, even if we probably won't be able to resign JPP next year as a result.

But if Hankins is healthy, why would we give Harrison a contract? Hankins is maybe the best defensive player we pay him 9m/yr when there's so many other holes? Could've got a quality safety (iloka signed for 5/30) instead. This is supposed to be a deep, and top heavy DT draft. Maybe Hankins is gone after this year.

I understand trying to win within Eli's remaining 4-5 years, but we just allocated over a quarter of our entire salary cap on 3 guys. And still no right tackle, guard, wr2, fs, mlb, olb (besides Kennard). I feel like if the ********, Cowboys or Eagles made the same moves we did, I'd be happy about it, so I think we messed up.

^ Giants picked up some of the top free agents who will make an immediate impact, but those other holes have to be obtained through the draft and other small signings.

Giants offense was average last year with just Eli and ODB. but they were in position to win most of those games, defense couldn't get a stop when it mattered most.

Been starving for a pass rush for years, its refreshing to see big moves being made. Can't have any emotional attachments after consecutive 6-10 seasons.

Last edited:
Good moves but overpaid. That's how it is with the cap going up and getting the top free agents. Jerry Reese is desperate and has to get the top players.

We need a safety and a LB. Don't bring back Larry Donnell or Ruben.

View media item 1944779

Last edited:
love the moves. had to spend the money. on paper this is the best Dline since last super bowl thats what was missing for our D. pass rush makes LBs S CBs look better than they are.

Rather than give Vernon that insane contract i would have rather signed mario at the deal he got.
however all guys they signed are young and have been on the FIELD and hopefully they haven't peaked yet.

Russell Okung meeting with Giants today. that would be a good get we are one good OL away from having a very solid line. We get him every one under 30. Giants should look into having beatty back as well as backup. Newhouse sucked.

The more holes we fill the more i want the giants to draft Ezekiel, unless Jack falls.

We drafting OL or defense with our 10th pick. Drafting Zeke at 10 would be dumb. Rashad Jennings is a good back and Vareen is a great catching back. That's a good 1-2 punch. The way they used all of our RBs last year was so ****** dumb. The fact that Coughlin didn't fix that, I was fine with him getting fired. I don't know if it was his decision or not but as the coach, he should have shut that **** down.

Don't want Beatty back, he's been a different player since the injuries.

They say we're after Weddle but he might want too much for his age. We need another LB and a safety. Really need a safety.

We need some vets and some leadership too. Someone to control our team.

You really like Jennings? his good games at the end came when he faced bad Ds. I don't like Jennings and reason giants didnt give him the ball a lot was because he is an older back who is prone to injury. If they bring these 3 backs back it will be same exact run game again.

only player on D worth drafting is a LB at 10, other than that i'm good with drafting tackle is someone is worth taking there. Ezekiel is being rated by scouts as one of the better graded RBs to come out in past 10 years.

I dont know what Ezekiel will be but i know what jennings is and that is avg on a good day vs a bad defense.

Jennings was good his first year, had injury issues. Last year, he should have had way more touches. Andre Williams shouldn't even be on the roster this year. Drafting a RB at 10 is a huge mistake. We have much bigger holes. I think there's a good chance we trade up or trade down this year.

Jennings has slowed down a bit but I don't see them upgrading the RB position for next year, despite how bad it was it was more of a run blocking issue.

Need OL and defensive play makers, safety cannot be ignored

Nah Jennings needs a running mate and Vereen ain't it. Jennings played like *** until the final leg of the season in '15, we can't count on him to hit the ground running this year. Vereen is squarely a passing down back.

We don't need to draft a RB, we can take an UDFA RB or we can rummage through the bargain bin as free agency rolls along. Alfred Morris, Arian Foster & James Starks all available.

I'd even take Blount if the price was right. Could be a nice cog in our committee backfield.

Last edited:
Ezekiel Elliot is beast. He's NFL ready and gonna rack up yards for whoever he plays for. We need that kind of power back.

Giants just signed LB Kelvin Sheppard. They have a lot of bodies at LB now, doubt they draft one at all. Unless Jack falls(if 3 QBs go in top 10 there is a chance), then they better daft him if he falls!

disappointing they didnt fill the RT spot. Have to draft one in first or 2nd round now. draft hargreaves at 10 and tackle in 2nd round.

have you read up on beckhams cousin? RB terron beckham. they are not close but he is close to odel's dad. hasnt played football in years but is a freak athlete with very little tape. it will be interesting to see where he goes.

WR why not sign bolden? if we had bolden instead of randle past 3 seasons i think we win 2-3 games more per season. if cruz doesnt get on field we need a vet WR out there!!!!

randle one year deal to philly. will be interesting to see if he can put it together there. I know this randle has cost almost half of the ints eli threw past 3 seasons.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/12/tom_coughlin_giants_takeaways_the_rueben_randle_pu.html
hopefully randel keeps up his bad route running ways in philly.

kuhn signs with pats! wow i'm surprised! been saying for years this guy won't be in the league if not for giants. lets see if he makes the team.

this draft is very important need to get some players that get on field and make + plays for us

Last edited:
^I'm not he would put our offense over the top. Our RBs are below avg.

how do we open on the road and close with 2 road games? never seen this.

Giants signed Rainey a few days ago so I doubt they take a RB. RBs looking like Jennings, Rainey, Williams, Vereen, and Darkwa? Doubt all of them make the final cut. Besides, next year's RB class is pretty loaded assuming no significant injury/regression from the cfb players. 

Last edited:
Giants have a large stretch of home games and a bye week in between after the tough Vikings/Packers games, which is something they have to take advantage of

I still want them to go DL first round followed by another OL. WR/RB in later rounds, and sign a veteran WR to compete for a spot. I don't want the team to have to RELY on Cruz being 100% and playing 16 games, because we don't know what kind of player he would be.

Back
Top Bottom