Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hassan mad Embiid gave him the work :lol:

This. Dudes in the league seem extra salty about embiid being talented. I remember earlier in the season when the twolves played the sixers, Towns was saying something to the effect of Joel being overrated and he couldn't wait to embarrass him. Could have been the usual sporty trash talk but it seems like dudes are going extra hard to throw shade at embiid

Candace Parker on SC [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

I've been heavily critical of Melo's chucking this season...but if he keeps moving the ball like he has been I won't say another bad word about him.

Hassan mad Embiid gave him the work :lol:

This. Dudes in the league seem extra salty about embiid being talented. I remember earlier in the season when the twolves played the sixers, Towns was saying something to the effect of Joel being overrated and he couldn't wait to embarrass him. Could have been the usual sporty trash talk but it seems like dudes are going extra hard to throw shade at embiid
Would shock me if he said this tbh

Whiteside always going to be a little bitter because of his path to where he is now.

Son knows he coulda been star from the gate, even Boogie said that he was better than himself when they first came in the league.

Now you get a guy like Embiid who's only been playing the game competitively since 16, one year of college, 2 years on the sideline and coming out dominant.

He's a generational talent that is just scratching the surface.

Hassan going to have to face 4 times a year minimum too.

I think it's not even more so jealousy at his game, just that he actually has a personality and can be marketable as a big man. There's definitely a Shaq-esque factor to him in that regard as long as he can stay healthy.

I'm cool with Hassan being a hater. We need beefs in the league.

Hating Hassan and Wall Street doing the lords work
Someone needs to PS Hassan the Hater and John Wallet into this pic.

THEPLAYERHATERS.jpg

I've heard Hassan posts on nt under the sn BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

But yea embiid is kinda corny at times. He's good but I actually see his numbers going down moving forward. Usage will drop big time but his fg% should increase running with Simmons. He reminds me of kat last year in that he's a guy that starts off very close to his ceiling and will just add polish.

I think he'll stay high usage unless Philly adds Fultz, any other player coming in the draft will not be as effecient a scorer as him.

Simmons isn't going to shoot a lot and will only help Embiid #'s with his passing ability.

man embiid just embracing it all in

we live in a social media era which hes capitalizing off of. Clowns around but yet still puts his heart and soul out there on the court at all times.

maybe cause im a homer but i don't consider him doing anything cheesy. As long as he continues showing up every night on the court, keep doing you fam 

man embiid just embracing it all in

we live in a social media era which hes capitalizing off of. Clowns around but yet still puts his heart and soul out there on the court at all times.

maybe cause im a homer but i don't consider him doing anything cheesy. As long as he continues showing up every night on the court, keep doing you fam 

Exactly.

How you going to hate on a kid who's obviously enjoying his path to superstardom in a genuine way?

There's enough cookie cutter boring *** players in the league and in professional sports in general, I appreciate guys with more personality like him.

Embiid is def corny but I appreciate his personality for the league.

I wish more players had beef and would go at each other's necks tho...

Too many ****** buddy buddy for me

"It's more so a gimmick," Whiteside said. "I look at guys and they just do stuff to win the fans over, make jokes on Twitter to get people to vote for them. It ain't got nothing to do really with talent."

Link
Yeah its a shot at Embiid but that stuff is a gimmick. All for cheap laughs    

To play the game you gotta go through The Process ... #NBAVote https://t.co/PzD3Qa46H6
— Triple H (@TripleH) January 13, 2017

KAT's close to his ceiling?

Offensively yea. Unless you think he's going to double his rookie stats like guys who start off needing more development. He's just on an accelerated curve compared to his peers.

I think he'll stay high usage unless Philly adds Fultz, any other player coming in the draft will not be as effecient a scorer as him.

Simmons isn't going to shoot a lot and will only help Embiid #'s with his passing ability.

Last I checked he was at close to 40% usage behind only Westbrook, I don't see how he stays anywhere near that if he's playing with NBA players. And I'm not sure how efficient he is, his %s are pretty bad unless he's right by the rim. His shooting has come down from when dudes thought he was legit a better shooter than curry

I keep forgetting Embiid is technically in his 3rd year. He's already about to get the Brinks truck.

As for KAT obviously he's not going to double his stats, but there's still room to improve, no reason why he won't be a 27+ ppg scorer like AD is now. And Thibs should only make him better defensively although to this point we haven't seen great improvement on that end from their team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom