Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC is looking good early.

Taj
pimp.gif

Meh, I can't penalize Marion and Deng for not making the team over prime Garnett, Duncan, LeBron. Those two were really good defenders in their time.

If that's the barometer, Kobe has more All-Defense selections after 2005 than before.

Kobe had 5 before and 6 after. But the last 4 were pretty much reputation.

Bruce Bowen also has more All-Defense first team selections after 2005.

It was 5 before 2005 and 7 after 2005.

And you are kinda taking All-Defense selections credibility away by saying Kobes last 4 were based on reputation.

No doubt kawhi got the juice...seen him play vs the pels every yr his defensive prowess is something serious

Russ not feeling Steph's opinion for MVP.

Media are some snakes though. They ask these trap questions to get a headline.

Steph was asked who he thought was MVP if he had to select a non-Warrior. He clearly said he'd wait until the end of season but when pressed, for now he'd give to Harden because of record or something like that.

He bigged up Westbrook in that same interview. Reporter was reaching and Russ took that bait.

And you are kinda taking All-Defense selections credibility away by saying Kobes last 4 were based on reputation.

Not at all. It's just what it was Kobe wasn't the defender he was the latter half of his career as he was at the beginning. Can't really say that for anybody else.

Not at all. It's just what it was Kobe wasn't the defender he was the latter half of his career as he was at the beginning. Can't really say that for anybody else.

What I'm saying is you are holding it against other players for not making the All-Defense team.

When Kobe wasn't the only player in the NBA history getting All-Defense selections off of reputation.

There were others...there's always others. The those others keep great defense players off those All-Defense selections too.

What I'm saying is you are holding it against other players for not making the All-Defense team.

When Kobe wasn't the only player in the NBA history getting All-Defense selections off of reputation.

There were others...there's always others. The those others keep great defense players off those All-Defense selections too.

I'm not holding it against them, just pointing out players who have garnered multiple selections.

Like who, as far as the list I posted were rep selections?

Last edited:

Like who?

:lol:

I knew you were going to say that.

I don't really feel like looking at all the All-Defense selections.

I don't know...like Tim Duncan do you really think he was the 1st or 2nd defensive center in his latter years when he was making those All-Defense selections?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom