Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melo resigned in the summer of 2014. Bulls won 50 games that season (2014-2015) and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs and we're up 2-1 on Cleveland what are y'all talking about?

Melo resigned in the summer of 2014. Bulls won 50 games that season (2014-2015) and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs and we're up 2-1 on Cleveland what are y'all talking about?

You're right. But Melo/stringer/ Rose probably wouldn't have worked and he would have been out of $40Ms

If Melo blows 153 million (that's the amount he'll have just made in career salary through this year) in addition to all his endorsement money he's a damn fool. Never enough, man please, he's an intelligent brother except it seems when it comes to making basketball decisions.

Last edited:
You're right. But Melo/stringer/ Rose probably wouldn't have worked and he would have been out of $40Ms

And it could have just as easily have worked and he could have been in the Finals that season. Remember there was no Love for Cleveland in those playoffs. Instead he was winning 17 games with the Knicks. That's 3 occasions where he's controlled his own destiny where money was THE factor so no as big of a fan as I was of him, he was my 2nd favorite player behind Kobe, after he made that decision in 2014, I can't defend him anymore.

I cannot even front bro.

In High School I avg 31ppg and led my state in scoring.

Went on to play Div 2 ball (for 2 years) and avg around 22.1 ppg and led conf. in scoring.

Transferred to play D1 ball and was like WTF is this. :rofl: ended up averaging about 9 ppg on the same minutes as my previous D2 school.

Even had a shot to play over in Turkey for a season, Ish got real for me and I barley cracked the court. Needless to say I was back home after a year. :rofl: :rolleyes

I get what your saying though, seems that Jimmer is a pro player 100% who should at least stick on a roster.

Damn..:still you a baller that reached a level probably 95% could not.

No such thing as too much money man.
I get that Melo at least looks bummed out as hell losing but for like 10 percent less a year he'd be winning more maybe making him a happier person and he should still afford anything that his heart desires but at the end of the day it's his choice I'm logic is kind of what dieng said when he signed his new contract

It's easy to say someone could've turned down millions of dollars when you weren't the one who had to do it.

I agree Melo put himself in the position he's in so I don't feel sorry but I'm not gonna go "He shouldve turned down the money!"

No way "legacy" or "championships" would come in the way of an extra 40 Million dollars man, at least not for me.

As I've grown older, championships and legacies make for great cooler talk, but at the end of the day when you're 10 years out of the league you will care more about the money you left on the table than your place on romanticized list

I'm sure others probably feel different, but that's my whole viewpoint on it. There's so much that goes into having a real chance at a ring that goes beyond yourself that I can't value rings over money, doesn't even come close for me

I get that Melo at least looks bummed out as hell losing but for like 10 percent less a year he'd be winning more maybe making him a happier person and he should still afford anything that his heart desires but at the end of the day it's his choice I'm logic is kind of what dieng said when he signed his new contract

I do agree with you though, that losing sucks and losing in the league has a real effect on guys.

I remember when we first got CDR and Jordan Farmar and I was talking with them on media day and Jordan was telling us how miserable it was for him to play with the lakers the year before and how he didn't even wanna go outside or to practice because it was that bad for him so I'd imagine even for someone like melo the losing for sure has to get to him.

No way "legacy" or "championships" would come in the way of an extra 40 Million dollars man, at least not for me.

As I've grown older, championships and legacies make for great cooler talk, but at the end of the day when you're 10 years out of the league you will care more about the money you left on the table than your place on romanticized list

I'm sure others probably feel different, but that's my whole viewpoint on it. There's so much that goes into having a real chance at a ring that goes beyond yourself that I can't value rings over money, doesn't even come close for me
I'm telling you man. Fans care more then the actual players. It's just a job for them
. People need to stop taking sports so serious.

I'm telling you man. Fans care more then the actual players. It's just a job for them

For some it's a job. Obviously some care more than others. Ball truly is life for players, they eat, sleep, and breathe it and want to be great and even legendary.

I agree with you to an extent, but I won't say players don't care, they care a whole lot.

The thing is though, they take it for what it is. They work really hard at it, leave it all on the floor, and once that practice or that game is over they continue living their real lives.

So like I'm sure they care, but like fans are the ones who take it into overdrive and make the sport more than what it is, thus making it seem like they care more than the players do.

He's already done something that's a one in a million shot. Dude is already the greatest person in the history of his family more than likely and will he cornerstone for generational wealth.

"Legacy" isn't trumping that.

For some it's a job. Obviously some care more than others. Ball truly is life for players, they eat, sleep, and breathe it and want to be great and even legendary.

Maybe only 2% of players who make the league care about being "legendary." And even then, they don't care abt it that much imo

Hell they made the NBA, they are legendary.

Last edited:

100%.

Maybe only 2% of players who make the league care about being "legendary." And even then, they don't care abt it that much imo

Hell they made the NBA, they are legendary.

So the guy that's in the same draft class and great friends with Bron and Wade wouldn't fall in that?

Compared to you and I maybe, but their peers, nah there's definitely a difference.

Man I don't even know what I would do with all that doe. I'm making more money than ever before and I'm having a hard time finding things to spend it on. I would fasho choose legacy over M's

Last edited:
So the guy that's in the same draft class and great friends with Bron and Wade wouldn't fall in that?

Compared to you and I maybe, but their peers, nah there's definitely a difference.

I don't think it's that much of a difference

Between melo bron and wade, I don't think Melo feels the slightest bit of inferiority in regards to not having a ring. Like he's not losing sleep over that ****. He's done the best that he could to win without sacrificing bread, I think he's okay with that.

These are dudes that came from nothing man, I mean they care abt winning, everyone wants to win but rings don't come close to defining who they are as ball players or men.

Melo is going to break 250 million EASY just in salary by the time he hangs em up. He literally will have more money than he'll ever be able to do anything with.

Shoe you think CP is going to be satisfied with his career if say he never gets out of the 2nd rd but has all this money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom