Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Funny thing is, I think in like the 11th round, Provo caught everybody off guard and actually started boxing. Dude was looking pretty damn good too, slick almost. Too little too late though, and he went back to slugging in the 12th. Fight was wack for the most part tho, deleted that off the dvr asap

Funny thing is, I think in like the 11th round, Provo caught everybody off guard and actually started boxing. Dude was looking pretty damn good too, slick almost. Too little too late though, and he went back to slugging in the 12th. Fight was wack for the most part tho, deleted that off the dvr asap

Yea I saw that too. Had he fought like that from rounds 1-12, he would have won it. But he was too focused on being a power puncher.

I think it was just before the 11th. I tuned in late and thought he was winning the fight based on his boxing :lol:

That **** reminded me of Canelo vs Trout when Canelo was slipping punches with his head movement. Who would've though Provodnikov is capable of that.

Last edited:

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  1h1 hour ago
Ringstar Sports LLC, looks like that's Richard Scahefer's new promotional outfit. Well, that's interesting... #boxing
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  23m23 minutes ago
so if its Antonio Orozco on HBO Latino on July 30th, that means Ward's tune-up pre-Kovalev is backed up a week or two #boxing
 BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  2h2 hours ago
Povetkin Retains Mandatory Position To Wilder, For Now http://dlvr.it/LZDMWR  #boxing

I'm pulling for Keith as well. Really hoping we get a Thurman vs Garcia match up in the fall if he wins. I can see him having trouble with Porter the first couple rounds as he did with Chaves.

Man i hope SOG can find an opponent soon. I wana see him and kovelev already.

Last edited:
Dang it we just changed the bachelor party to the weekend prior.

That is gonna be a great fight to watch 5 months away.

Ward probably wont fight again prior to as that is a real short turnaround time

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  2h2 hours ago
Cuellar-Mares on #ThurmanPorter CBS card next week is canceled. Mares has medical issue., per source with knowledge of situation. #boxing

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  1h1 hour ago
Sources tell me reason Cuellar-Mares was canceled is because Mares failed 2 NYSAC eye exams this week. Vision not good enough in 1 eye.
Is the NYSAC usually this stringent with injuries?  Abner's eye has been a problem for a while. 

I'm pulling for Thurman because Kenny Porter is annoying.
Shawn's pops ain't half bad compared to the fathers of "Swift" and "Ghost."

Always rocking with Porter, expect him to steal a couple early rounds with his patented dirty boxing. However, my head says Thurman gets comfortable in the middle rounds and secures a 116-112 decision.

Bummed I'll miss the bout live. Will be on a flight to Rome.

My heart wants to believe Porter can beat Thurman with constant pressure and effective body work. DGC had some success in these aspects before "One Time" landed a late KO. If "Showtime" can steal the first 4 rounds or so, I like his chances going the distance and winning on the scorecards. I do believe Thurman will start slow regardless and settle down in the middle rounds. Porter's style is hard to prepare for. He's relentless, feints a lot, full willingness to get dirty on the inside. Test of adversity will only benefit "One Time." Whether it be his chin checked or an accumulation of body shots.

kinda hyped for this porter and 1 time matchup... im curious to see who wins... overall a good matchup... if prices were decent id actually pay to watch live

Back
Top Bottom