Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Kell Brook won the fight of his life against my guy Shawn Porter and has rested on his laurels ever since. I mean, the three guys he's fought since then. Come on, man. Bizier, Gavin, Ionut Dan Ion. All in the UK, two literally in his backyard of Sheffield. Partial reason Brook is still undefeated at 36-0 is the lower level of competition. Jessie Vargas should not be the best opponent we see Brook fight rest of 2016 and going into 2017.

Yeah Brook has been a dissapointment. At least fight a dude like ghost or something if you're not gonna face a top guy, he's just out there fighting bums. To be fair he did try to get Diego Chaves and it fell apart, but otherwise hes out there bull****tin

Hopefully we get Spence vs Brook soon. Seems like outside of Shawn Porter, I don't see any of these top ranked dudes at 147 looking to fight the toughest competition.

Brook has been very disappointing since his win over Porter. I'd say his lack of producing big fights is at about as bad, maybe worse, than Andre Ward.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  5h5 hours ago
Loeffler hinted at a fight in Kazakhstan as a possibility for GGG next year. HBO producing a documentary on GGG and his homeland... #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  4h4 hours ago
Loeffler mentioned that they will be having meetings with the Jordan Brand about GGG apparel..... #boxing #Jumpman

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  4h4 hours ago
Loeffler believes that Fall(Sept) of 2017 is most realistic for GGG-Canelo. Doesn't think it will linger longer than next year #boxing
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  3h3 hours ago
Sources tell me that Canelo will be moving down 154 for his next fight, will move his way to 160.GGG-Canleo to happen next Sept/fall #boxing
A Liam Smith fight would be ******* meaningless.  Clown
 BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  36m36 minutes ago
Golovkin's Promoter: Saunders Not Interested, Eubank Possible http://dlvr.it/LdFw56  #boxing

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya  5h5 hours ago
On Tuesday, Tom Loeffler came to @GoldenBoyBoxing's offices and we agreed that the mega fight between @canelo and GGG would occur next fall
"Best Fighting Best." 
laugh.gif

No way. Ward takes the cake for that.

The difference is that there really wasn't anyone meaningful for Ward to fight since he won the Super Six besides maybe Degale, or some would say GGG. Brook campaigning at 147 and fighting nobody remotely in the top 10 of the division since Porter leaves a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Yeah Brook has been a dissapointment. At least fight a dude like ghost or something if you're not gonna face a top guy, he's just out there fighting bums. To be fair he did try to get Diego Chaves and it fell apart, but otherwise hes out there bull****tin

Hopefully we get Spence vs Brook soon. Seems like outside of Shawn Porter, I don't see any of these top ranked dudes at 147 looking to fight the toughest competition.
It fell apart because of him.  His camp claimed that a shoulder injury forced him to pull out of the fight, but the rumor is the real reason why he pulled out was because he was having weight issues. 

So canelo gona fight below canelo wieght while gettin ready for the real mexican fighter? Yeah ok.

Catch weight this september and then lemiuex may 2017

Used to respect canelo but not no mo. Still gona root for him but not against GGG.

Canelo and de la hoya actin like some broads.

Last edited:
Watch him not even make 154 in September 
laugh.gif

Last time he tried to fight at it was against Angulo, and they had to renegotiate the weight limit before the weigh in which started his run at "Canelaweight". 

It'll be Smith in September, Margarito in MX City in December, and either Lemieux or Cotto II in May. 

I want GGG to get a big name scalp on his resume before moving up, but part of me hopes this blows up in DLH's face and Canelita gets sparked by somebody. 

September 2017 is GGG vs Canelo?..... :smh:

In the mean time...hook it up Jordan Brand with that GGG merch :nerd: :nerd:

Canelo camp sayin the fight is happening in sept 2017 is BS. Canelo said he would fight GGG 3 times already. I hope this dude doesnt keep this mayweather trend up anymore.

I dont see canelo being the face of boxing for the years to come if he keeps duckin while fighting french fries.

Canelo camp sayin the fight is happening in sept 2017 is BS. Canelo said he would fight GGG 3 times already. I hope this dude doesnt keep this mayweather trend up anymore.

I dont see canelo being the face of boxing for the years to come if he keeps duckin while fighting french fries.

That gives him two fights before GGG to get fully acclimated to 160. If he doesn't fight his next two fights at weight that shows me he's acclimating himself to 160, I will call BS.

Don't forget, Canelo has to win both of those fights for it to even stay on the table.  I think he might get touched up badly if he faces big puncher at 160, a lot of risk there.

Supposedly Liam Smith is the next move, picking the weakest champ available at 154 :smh:

Lemieux would be an interesting match but I don't think golden boy would take it. It could go either way, and Lemieux definitely has a chance of dropping his ***, too dangerous. I'd be impressed if they actually agreed to that

Supposedly Liam Smith is the next move, picking the weakest champ available at 154 :smh:

Lemieux would be an interesting match but I don't think golden boy would take it. It could go either way, and Lemieux definitely has a chance of dropping his ***, too dangerous. I'd be impressed if they actually agreed to that

Call me cynical, but I suspect that GBP promised Roach and Tapia a fight with Canelo if he beat Lemieux. He was getting sparked at 154, how is 160 somehow a more ideal weight for him?

Last edited:
Eric Gomez the VP of GBP said a Canelo-Pac fight is off because Pac already has a deal in place to fight Broner 
laugh.gif

Canelo is bonafied trash. Watch one of the crappier middleweights is going to drop him. He should just fight triple G now. MAKE all the cash possible and call it a day.....

Feel the same way.

I remember Canelo ringside watching Josesito Lopez wash Ortiz.

Josesito was supposed to be a tune up for Ortiz before he fought Canelo.

He don't want that to be him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom