Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

If Kell Brook beats GGG where will he rank among the GOAT? I realistically doubt it, then again in this sport I've seen the most unlikely outcomes.

Last edited:
^ Yea man. I think Brook has the best defense in the WW right now, but the added weight may make him a bit slower. We should see GGG exposed early on though. If GGG can get him with the body punching, and cut the ring, i think he can take Brook down. Brook's only method to win is to potshot his way throughout 7 rounds or 8 rounds. but GGG can take punches. But if the odds for Brook is heavy, I'd call my Bookie, because out of all GGG's past opponents, with Brook's defense and speed, I think he has more of a shot to beat him than anyone on GGG's resume.

brook gonna pull out this victory 
pimp.gif

brook gonna pull out this victory :pimp:

Even if he somehow pulls off the upset, how many years is this one fight going to take off of his career?

I hope he gets paid very well. Win or lose he won't be the same after this fight.

Dudes acting like GGG came to Brook and said let's make this fight happen :smh: .. how many times have we said in here nobody wants to step up. Eubank wanted it but that fell thru, so did you guys want him to fight another tomato can at 160? He finally fights a decent opponent and ya still giving him grief :lol: :smh:

Brook walks around 154+ with ease, pretty sure 160 won't be an issue, this isn't the same situation as Khan Canelo simply off the strength that Canelo had PLENTY of options at the time unlike GGG.

This should be a good fight IMO.

Dudes act like gennady is holding hammers :rolleyes

Dude been running through every opponent at 160. It isn't a weak division either.

I wanted to see GGG at 168 but him and Abel want to clean out the division and grab all the belts.

Brook must have some masterful game plan or really believes in his power.

Dudes act like gennady is holding hammers :rolleyes

You trying to insinuate that Brook punches harder than Stevens or Lemieux? He doesn't and Golovkin ate their best shots and finished them.

I still don't like this fight either way.

Last edited:
Brook had problems keeping Shawn Porter off him without heavy holding and now he's supposed to go two weight classes up and give GGG a run? He's gonna get wrecked unless he manages to stay on his bike all fight.

This is just as bad as Khanelo

Had problems keeping Shawn porter off him? I don't know about all that. Shawn porter does a lot of rushing in and looking busy with no effect. It's not like porter hurt him

You trying to insinuate that Brook punches harder than Stevens or Lemieux? He doesn't and Golovkin are their best shots and finished them.

Lemieux also said GGG didn't have as much power as he expected dudes are putting extras on his punching power just cuz he ran through a bunch of tomato cans. Still wanna see him and sog go

You trying to insinuate that Brook punches harder than Stevens or Lemieux? He doesn't and Golovkin are their best shots and finished them.

Lemieux also said GGG didn't have as much power as he expected dudes are putting extras on his punching power just cuz he ran through a bunch of tomato cans. Still wanna see him and sog go

That's the fight I wanted as well.

SOG is fighting Kovalev who is higher up on the P4P rankings so I'm not mad at that either.

Dudes acting like GGG came to Brook and said let's make this fight happen :smh: .. how many times have we said in here nobody wants to step up. Eubank wanted it but that fell thru, so did you guys want him to fight another tomato can at 160? He finally fights a decent opponent and ya still giving him grief :lol: :smh:

Brook walks around 154+ with ease, pretty sure 160 won't be an issue, this isn't the same situation as Khan Canelo simply off the strength that Canelo had PLENTY of options at the time unlike GGG.

All this

So who was Gennady supposed to fight Eubank didn't happen? Just sit around? I'm curious. Because you guys really do know more than me when it comes to this.

So who was Gennady supposed to fight Eubank didn't happen? Just sit around? I'm curious. Because you guys really do know more than me when it comes to this.

Thought Jacobs recently called him out?

GGG is not at fault IMO. I think Brook and his promoter are crazy for taking this fight.

Daniel Jacobs? Hey guess he's closer to his size.

And ya I'm with you. I don't blame Gennady either. Think he would fight whoever.

Yup, the person ya should be mad at is Jacobs, he claimed he wanted the fight but never really seemed like he pushed to make it happen. I don't even think he's fighting on July 30th anymore.

Did ya really wanna see GGG vs Hopkins?

As far as Eubanks goes:

I worked for three weeks on that fight (Eubank Jr versus Golovkin), negotiating with Chris Eubank Sr. It felt like three years.

We got into a position where everybody was ready to sign. He (Eubank Jr) was offered the same pay-per-view deal as Anthony Joshua, Carl Froch and the one that Kell Brook accepted.

Unfortunately they (the Eubanks) made the deal impossible. The things they wanted were just a complete no-go. They were given a deadline and they chose not to take the fight.

We were negotiating the Eubank [vs. Golovkin] fight for a long time, as you can imagine that was extremely difficult, we got close.

We set them [the Eubanks] a deadline and it wasn’t adhered to. They didn’t come back in time for the deadline. I phoned Kell later that night to talk about Vargas and I said 'do you want to fight Golovkin?'

He asked if I was serious and I told him I hadn’t spoken to them [Golovkin’s team] about it but I know they’d love it, it’s a huge fight and he just said 'yeah, I’ll fight Golovkin. 100 per cent.'

At the end of the day it sucks somebody had to jump up 2 weight classes to fight GGG but that's just the reality of where boxing is at today.

Everybody says that about Golovkin at some point forgetting it was enough power to stop them. Rosado and Stevens both tried to say the same thing, but even Lemieux conceding he hits hard. The interview before his last fight he said of course he hits hard, why else would Stevens be on the ground with that goofy look trying to figure out where he was and what hit him.

That Stevens knock down had me in tears bruh :lol:

Dude was on Queer Street foreal

But na I'm not saying he doesn't punch hard but I'm not gonna give into the hype until he fights a formidable opponent. I give it to him he's a good fighter he stalks you and he knows how to cut the ring off but we will see...KB is no scrub!! I'm definitely getting paid this fight :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom