Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Yeah I remember that. He was cautious of Stevens also but once he acclimated to his power he walked right through him. I think GGG will be cautious the first couple of rounds, not because of Brook's power, but just to get a feel of how Brook is going to approach the fight.

Absolutely. I'm curious to see if Brook is strong enough to earn GGG's respect. That'll be a huge factor in Brook having a chance.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  1h1 hour ago
Im being told that Jesus Soto-Karass signed his end of the deal to face Kamegai again on Sept 10th at....the Forum #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2m2 minutes ago
Word is that Chocolaito-Cuadras for Sept 10th at the Forum will be announced this week... #boxing

GGG is a hypocrite. He called out Canelo for fighting Khan calling it a "business move" when he's doing the exact same thing. Its a straight cherry pick, just like Canelo and Garcia. Bringing up a dude from 147 while skipping the whole 154 division when there are dudes there who have stated they wanted to fight him. Why didn't he fight Lara or Andrade? Brook literally has fought like ONE top ten fighter in HIS division, and it was a split decision! GGG is just doing the same **** the other dudes are doing. But he's getting a pass by a lot of people because hes GGG. And I don't care what weight Brook walks around at. This is boxing, what matters is the weight you can make. He can make 147, therefore he's a 147 pounder. If we were judging fighters based off of walking around weight, Maidana would be fighting Kovalev.

This is a **** fight, period.

And I don't give credit to Brooke. Dude is basically getting paid 5 million to get knocked out. He knows this is an L, and he knows it wont affect him because people will view him as some tough guy moving up to fight a monster. There is NO risk involved for his career.

Last edited:
But wasnt it the fact that eubank deal fell thru so brook said he would fight him? I dont remember seeing ggg callin him out. As old as ggg is he cant be picky. But that dude is bein avoided to the fullest, part of it is his own dam fault.

I agree tho that this fight shouldnt happen, but wit ggg not willing to move up in weight until he unifys the division, who would have been willing to fight him?

Lara been talkin smack, why hasnt that fight happened? Has there been any kind of negotiations between each camp?

GGG doesn't really have a hard time finding fights. He just doesn't accept many that are presented to him. His trainer Abel Sanchez also contradicts himself every interview.

Eddie Hearn manages both boxers and likely talked to Brook for a payday when Eubank's dad made it impossible to book the fight.

GGG doesn't really have a hard time finding fights. He just doesn't accept many that are presented to him. His trainer Abel Sanchez also contradicts himself every interview.

I think he has a hard time finding fighters that has some cache to their name, Brook is probably one of the if not the biggest name he is going to fight to date.

Definitely a bad match-up but it's seems like he has to take what is presented to him that will give him the most recognition and if Eubanks deal can't be done and Saunders is avoiding him, outside of Canelo and Jacobs, his choices for big name fights are pretty much dried up.

If he is fighting welters/super welters though, I do wish he would just fight Lara.

Last edited:

I think he has a hard time finding fighters that has some cache to their name, Brook is probably one of the if not the biggest name he is going to fight to date.

Definitely a bad match-up but it's seems like he has to take what is presented to him that will give him the most recognition and if Eubanks deal can't be done and Saunders is avoiding him, outside of Canelo and Jacobs, his choices for big name fights are pretty much dried up.

If he is fighting welters/super middleweights though, I do wish he would just fight Lara.

Like I said hypocrite.

So then he's not all about collecting belts and running the division. He just wants names and paydays. Don't call out somebody for doing that, then do the same **** the next fight.

And I don't buy that he can't find dudes to fight him. You offer up half of what dude is paying Brook, and you'll have plenty of dudes willing to fight him. If nobody wants to fight him at 160, and he's really trying to be the best, why doesn't HE move up? Why pull a dude up from 147, TWO FULL weight classes, and make NO concessions? What does that prove? You offer up 2.5 to Lara and I bet you he signs on the dotted line.

There are dudes out there willing to fight him. This was just a straight up cherry pick. Dude just wants to get paid.

This is worse than what Canelo did. Fighting a 147 fighter at the full 160.

:smh:

Last edited:
Agreed. His whole team needs to take it down a couple notches complaining about boxing politics and after doing some goofy **** like this

In what world does Lara deserve a 2.5M purse split? 
laugh.gif

You do realize that would be more than GGG has gotten in any fight prior to this one correct? 

This is more about giving Brook credit than it is taking away from Golovkin. He is mid 30's, he doesn't have time for tune ups. He wants belts, period. I mean, he's called out Quillin, Jacobs, Saunders, Cotto, and Canelo. Nobody wants to fight him. Can't blame him for staying relevant with a name like Brook. It's a win/win for Brook. Won't lose his title, make a lot of money, and can add stepping up to Golovkin on his resume.

Ok so this weekend... Maybe I am crazy but I think Areola could be Wilder's toughest challenge.
Depends on what kind of shape Chris is in.  He's looked like **** in his past few fights, but rumour is he's been taking this one seriously. 
 BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  28m28 minutes ago
Arum: Broner is Out, Priced Himself Out For Pacquiao Fight http://dlvr.it/Lmvf3N  #boxing
Pac is coming back. 

In what world does Lara deserve a 2.5M purse split? :lol:

You do realize that would be more than GGG has gotten in any fight prior to this one correct? 

In what world does Brooke deserve 5 million and a shot at all of GGG's middleweight titles?

Dude's ONLY legit fight was Porter.

Swift vs. Pac?

If Arreola can land some heavy shots it could get interesting. I don't expect it to make it the distance but if it did I'd bet wilder by a landslide.

In what world does Brooke deserve 5 million and a shot at all of GGG's middleweight titles?

At the end of the day boxing is a business and Brook made the most BUSINESS sense at the moment. I don't like the fight either but with every middleweight champion not wanting to fight GGG at the moment and Eubanks father making crazy demands, this was probably the biggest fight on the table. Brook-GGG in O2 will do wayyyy better numbers than GGG-Lara or any other fighter that is available right now.

Like I said I would've preferred to see a better fight, but it doesn't seem like there were that many better options on the table

Because he's actually a draw in the UK?

Would Andy Lee or old man Hopkins at 168 really have been that much better than this fight? 

It's an obvious cash grab on GGG's and K2's part, but at least they exhausted their options with Canelita, Eubank, and BHS beforehand, and Brook is the one who took it upon himself to volunteer for the fight. 

I keep seeing that he should move up but for what?  So the same **** can happen at 168, and Canelita gets to duck him entirely and keep the charade going?  What makes you think Haymon would let either of his SMW's in the ring with GGG at this moment?  And young guys like Zurdo and Callum Smith are both probably a year to a year and a half away from even being competitive in a GGG fight. 

TBH I don't see Brook being any less competive than Eubank in a GGG fight.  Eubank is JAG who would be a nobody if it wasn't for his fathers name.  

Kovalevs performance thus far makes me think Ward beats him in a chess match type of boxing match.

Kovalevs performance thus far makes me think Ward beats him in a chess match type of boxing match.

Today's fight did not drastically change my thoughts on Kovalev vs Ward. Chilemba is no slouch, he's a tough customer and knows how to spoil his opponents offense. However, today's fight reinforced that Kovelev needs a certain amount of space to throw his hardest punches. Ward would completely outclass him on the inside. The million dollar question is can Ward can keep him at that range for 12 rounds?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom