Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Nah it's not following Floyds footprints

Y'all have lost your ******* minds to stick to this "script" that Floyd fought no one and padded his record

Dude fought EVERYONE. When was there challenger that was "the guy" where Floyd fought a straight up Bum to skip the big fight?
Danny ain't following **** except his dad's silly *** advice

You must be blind if you don't think he's trying to follow Floyd's blueprint.

They turned down a $4-5 Million fight to fight Pac because they wanted more money. But truth is, they want to keep that zero.

Angel even said HIMSELF, they won't even fight Floyd unless the money is right.... they want atleast $20 million.

"Why fight Thurman, when you can fight Salka" :lol: The zero in his record is too important for them right now.

I get it, you love Floyd. But if you can't see Danny trying to copy Floyd, then I don't know what else to tell you. :lol:

Last edited:
The part you're missing is this isn't floyd's blueprint, Danny is just feeding off bums listening to his dad justify fighting bums

You must be blind if you don't think he's trying to follow Floyd's blueprint.

They turned down a $4-5 Million fight to fight Pac because they wanted more money. But truth is, they want to keep that zero.

Angel even said HIMSELF, they won't even fight Floyd unless the money is right.... they want atleast $20 million.

"Why fight Thurman, when you can fight Salka" :lol: The zero in his record is too important for them right now.

I get it, you love Floyd. But if you can't see Danny trying to copy Floyd, then I don't know what else to tell you. :lol:

Floyd started avoiding some risk later in his career but he was always about making the biggest fights. He was always about making the most money per fight.

Danny isn't even about that. He'd rather make less money to fight a non-contender.

Totally different.

Even if a person tries to claim he ducked Tonio, the time Margarito was at his peak Floyd fought , Zab, De la Hoya, Marquez & Baldomir.

Compare what Danny is doing to that and there is NOTHING similar. Not even remotely similar

Okay maybe I should change up but reiterate my point...

Danny is trying to mimic what Floyd did LATER in his career, without putting in the work early in his career.

Angel/Danny think they are entitled to Floyd/Pac type money when he wasn't really put in the work like those 2 did.

IMO he does have a better resume than Brooks/Khan/Thurman/Porter though.

Last edited:
Garcia will never be remembered as a great fighter. His dad's legacy of trash talking will be more significantly remembered.

Gift doesnt even need to be brought up in this thread. Point blank.

Last edited:
JMM for Crawford next?  JMM wants another payday that is not a Pac rematch before calling it quits, and Crawford needs a name on his resume. 

Fight would probably be trash, but it might be better than anything else TR could line up for him. 

Also I'm picking Kovalev by mid RD KO against Ward.  Ward is not the same guy that won the S6 and I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits after the Kovalev fight.  I'm hoping he doesn't because I'd still very much like to see him against GGG and even Zurdo at 168, but this fight seems like he's cashing out TBH. 

Ward just shut his opponent out. I see him out thinking & beating Kovalev. Kinda don't wanna see JMM w/ Crawford at this point in time.

GGG vs Ward will NEVER happen. One moved up, the other is fighting a welterweight.

Also I'm picking Kovalev by mid RD KO against Ward.  Ward is not the same guy that won the S6 and I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits after the Kovalev fight.  I'm hoping he doesn't because I'd still very much like to see him against GGG and even Zurdo at 168, but this fight seems like he's cashing out TBH. 

I dont see this at all man especially him calling it quits after Kovalev win or lose. mid RD KO? Nah man id be disgusted :lol:

Anything can happen though

I'll have to go back and watch the fight last night and the Barrera fight but I don't recall too many full extension right hands from Ward. We've seen a couple of those short, right counters from him. I wonder if that right shoulder surgery still bothers him. Perhaps that's why he didn't put punches together a lot last night or he switched up to southpaw for a bit. Who knows.

JMM for Crawford next?  JMM wants another payday that is not a Pac rematch before calling it quits, and Crawford needs a name on his resume. 

Fight would probably be trash, but it might be better than anything else TR could line up for him. 

I thought jmm retired

Im still surprised there was never a Khan vs. Garcia rematch. I guess Khans baby chin is that bad.

Khan was garcias mandatory but decided to face canelita instead. If i remember correctly the wbc still has khan as the mandatory even after the loss.

Wards never going back to 168, he admitted that he's even having trouble making 175. He wants a match at heavyweight before he retires, just like rjj did.

Ward just shut his opponent out. I see him out thinking & beating Kovalev. Kinda don't wanna see JMM w/ Crawford at this point in time.

GGG vs Ward will NEVER happen. One moved up, the other is fighting a welterweight.
A opponent that was tailor made to be KO'd by someone is supposed to be one of the top 2 or three fighters in the world.  I'm sure when HBO agreed to televise this fight it was with the intention that Ward would KO Brand and drum up some interest in the 11/19 showdown. 

Win or lose for Ward the paydays are at 168.  Him and Kovalev are never fighting Stevenson, and Beterviev is still probably going to be brought along slowly for another a year or two before he actually fights someone with a pulse. 

At 168 there is GGG soon, DeGale, Zurdo, Callum Smith, and maybe even Jamie Cox if he can stay out of trouble and get his **** together. 

Anyone from the Olympics we should have an eye out for?  I know about Shakur Stevenson from the US side, but that's about it. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom