Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

LOL at BJS talking all that trash to a journalist after refusing to fight anybody of substance.

Curtis stevens  ‏@AssassinStevens   3h3 hours ago

Curtis stevens Retweeted billyjoesaunders

1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
U a fuccing Corn Ball
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png
1f33d.png

Curtis stevens added,

billyjoesaunders  @bjsaunders_
@danrafaelespn get a statement of golden boy why I'm not on the bill! But plz sort your over sized fat head out you Paedophile

15 retweets21 likes

Man if y'all don't stop [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] PAC been fighting bums! Rios, Chris and now Jessie haaaaaaa! He hasn't fought an ELITE fighter in awhile (TBE embarrassed him). Please don't bring up Bradley lol

:lol: word

The Vasquez news :smh:

And he's saying it wasn't because of boxing but an oversight. Idk how you can say "Boxing isn't to blame for this unfortunate event." Crazy.

ya its cool pac won majority of those trilogy but its just lame that arum wouldnt let him fight anyone else

Something that crossed my mind today...
If Kell Brook beats Golovkin, will Kell Brook be able to get Floyd Mayweather a 100 Mill Payday? :nerd:

Last edited:
floyd is not coming back lets face it... he already said hes not coming back unless he gets a big paycheck... the only guy worthy of giving him that money is PAC since he is a proven pay per view fighter and he already rejected that idea... he is already fine with his legacy of retiring undefeated and building his promotional company instead...so if he rejected a PAC fight who will guarantee him some decent money theres a slim chance he fights anyone else like thurman, porter, brook or GGG because they bring nothing to the table financially

Last edited:
If Kell Brook beats Golovkin, will Kell Brook be able to get Floyd Mayweather a 100 Mill Payday? :nerd:
Doubt it. Ricky Hatton was more popular, a bigger name, and a bigger sell and he didn't get Floyd $100 mil.

After last year's letdown I'm not even sure Manny could get him that again.

Canelo is the only other superstar name, but I doubt he gets it done either.

Pac and Floyd ducked fighters, including each other for a long time. Both fighters made a career of fighting lesser fighters when there were better matchups to be made for one reason or another. Then let the rest of their respective division beat the piss out of each other until there was nothing left. Rinse + repeat.

Only difference is, Floyd did all of that himself...Pac placed all that in arums hands...or so it seems.

*unbiased humble opinion*

Last edited:
Doubt it. Ricky Hatton was more popular, a bigger name, and a bigger sell and he didn't get Floyd $100 mil.

After last year's letdown I'm not even sure Manny could get him that again.

Canelo is the only other superstar name, but I doubt he gets it done either.

Hatton had a higher profile than Brook does now, but that can all change if he beats GGG. Att that time Mayweather wasn't at his peak as far as popularity, Floyd just fought DLH and that's when the public started to get a hold of who he was. I would say his popularity was at its peak during the Mosley, Ortiz, Canelo, and Cotto fights. This was due to his hiatuses(retirement, prison, 1 year off) and the possibility of fighting Pacquiao, then his star power kind of drifted in the Guerrero and Maidana fights. But ultimately he regained the whole world's attention when he actually fought Pacquiao.

I still think Mayweather-Pacquiao II would do stellar numbers but obviously less than the first. The majority of the people watching would be in it for the festivities because it has been a while since we got a fight that translates to a huge event or they are just diehard fans of either fighter. Canelo didn't win a single round in the first one and he is one of the biggest jokes in boxing right now, so no bueno.

If Kell Brook somehow beats GGG in a decisive fashion, he will be trending on twitter for a week. Plus UK boxing is the hottest it's probably ever been, they have 14 current world champions. So you have Floyd coming out of retirement, Brook beating the most feared man in boxing, Floyd dealing with father time, and the possibility of Brook taking Floyd's 0 as the angles to sell this fight. The incentives for Mayweather to take this fight will be the payday and making history with the Middleweight straps. But ultimately Brook has to do his job first or all of this will be invalid. :lol:

Last edited:
Pac and Floyd ducked fighters, including each other for a long time. Both fighters made a career of fighting lesser fighters when there were better matchups to be made for one reason or another. Then let the rest of their respective division beat the piss out of each other until there was nothing left. Rinse + repeat.

Only difference is, Floyd did all of that himself...Pac placed all that in arums hands...or so it seems.

*unbiased humble opinion*

I'm convinced every time I see these comments you swear cats just became fight fans after both fought hatton.

Go back and review your history. These guys were ducked by the elite for years until they became big names. Dlh wanted no part of floyd 4 years prior to there matchup. Manny moved up and was basically beating up Jr mW when he was campaigning at ww.

Guys earned the right to get to that point BC they destroyed who ever would get in the ring with them.

Still waiting for GGG, bud, canelo, and Thurman to get a signature win , when they are the under dog. Take ward for example if he beats kovalev after walking through the mW division he needs to be at top of p4p list and recognized as one of the greats especially if and a big IF he can go on to clear out the light heavy division.

I'm convinced every time I see these comments you swear cats just became fight fans after both fought hatton.

Go back and review your history. These guys were ducked by the elite for years until they became big names. Dlh wanted no part of floyd 4 years prior to there matchup. Manny moved up and was basically beating up Jr mW when he was campaigning at ww.

Guys earned the right to get to that point BC they destroyed who ever would get in the ring with them.

Still waiting for GGG, bud, canelo, and Thurman to get a signature win , when they are the under dog. Take ward for example if he beats kovalev after walking through the mW division he needs to be at top of p4p list and recognized as one of the greats especially if and a big IF he can go on to clear out the light heavy division.

i've been watching boxing since the 80s pal. when speaking of both fighters taking fights from lesser fighters in lieu of better opponents, i am speaking of strictly when they were kings of the division(s) aka the fighter to fight in order to get paid or make a name for yourself..

again, another NTer taking statements out of context...adding minutia to a discussion. almost every historic fighter in the history of modern boxing has gone thru the hungry phase when they cant get any of the big names only to become a big name themselves and repeat the same patterns. i never even said i knocked them for it.

bottom line is, both fighters at their peak have bypassed what many thought was a better fighter and matchup in lieu of a fighter that presented more reward rather than risk.

to even debate it is silly. especially when my comment was 10000% unbiased.

Last edited:
i've been watching boxing since the 80s pal. when speaking of both fighters taking fights from lesser fighters in lieu of better opponents, i am speaking of strictly when they were kings of the division(s) aka the fighter to fight in order to get paid or make a name for yourself..

again, another NTer taking statements out of context...adding minutia to a discussion. almost every historic fighter in the history of modern boxing has gone thru the hungry phase when they cant get any of the big names only to become a big name themselves and repeat the same patterns. i never even said i knocked them for it.

bottom line is, both fighters at their peak have bypassed what many thought was a better fighter and matchup in lieu of a fighter that presented more reward rather than risk.

to even debate it is silly. especially when my comment was 10000% unbiased.

My comment was unbiased as well. But at the same time in tired of bringing up guys who carried boxing for years only to be scrutinized BC they didn't fight each other sooner. You didnt say you were only talking about when they were on top of the division (but added that later lol, all good) The fight was the largest in history and was a shutout. Doesn't matter if Manny fights 4-5 years before he still wouldn't be able to close the gap to get in range and do damage.we can argue about better fights being made all day but let's be honest this generation of welterweights is not as deep as it was when they were in the "hungry stage". Any fight made by either was carried solely By them.

Let's face it the only division where the real competitive fights can be made is down in featherweight right now with lomachenko chocola rigo etc

But that's my unbiased 2 cents, no shots just my opinion based on the info provided not inferred later my bad

My comment was unbiased as well. But at the same time in tired of bringing up guys who carried boxing for years only to be scrutinized BC they didn't fight each other sooner. You didnt say you were only talking about when they were on top of the division (but added that later lol, all good) The fight was the largest in history and was a shutout. Doesn't matter if Manny fights 4-5 years before he still wouldn't be able to close the gap to get in range and do damage.we can argue about better fights being made all day but let's be honest this generation of welterweights is not as deep as it was when they were in the "hungry stage". Any fight made by either was carried solely By them.

Let's face it the only division where the real competitive fights can be made is down in featherweight right now with lomachenko chocola rigo etc

But that's my unbiased 2 cents, no shots just my opinion based on the info provided not inferred later my bad

My bad if I didn't put it in plain English. I thought that me referencing a time when fighters were left to beat the pee out of each other was a good indication of the time frame I was speaking of.

I didn't think the obvious path of every great fighter had to be stated.

My concern was never who won, whether it was a washout or not, whether the results would have been different if they fight 5 years earlier etc.

I was responding to posts on previous pages suggesting that one fighter or the other ducked fighters and the other didn't.

That's false...Both fighters are guilty of taking fights with lesser fighters in lieu of better, more risky fighters.

That statement was true even before your first reply. Even an unbiased respected fight fan such as yourself can agree with that.

And yes, you're 100% correct...during the "come up" they were being for fights that weren't awarded to them when they clearly deserved it.

It just doesn't make them any less guilty later in their careers. Imo

Margarito's cardio is insane, probably the best I've seen in boxing. He was coming stronger during the late rounds in the Pacquiao and both Cotto fights.

Back
Top Bottom