Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I can totally see Khan running after Canelo hits his face a couple of times. I'm not saying he should stand and trade, but he better come to fight or I won't take his word seriously again.

I am very intrigued with Frankie Gomez vs Mauricio Herrera. This fight could steal the show tomorrow.

Last edited:
I think canelo is gona have serious problems wit khans speed first 3 rounds.

Yall hear all the boos canelo got when he stepped on the scale? Or am i trippin

:lol: yeah I got in at +1200 as well bro.

That's my dude so I could never bet against him lol .. however I don't like his chances at all :frown: .. throwing him in the ring with Lemieux first fight is not what I was expecting when he signed with GB. David's coming off a loss to GGG, he's going to be highly motivated to bounce back. Glen will be motivated as well after two straight brutal losses to Kirkland and Soro, but he's been off for a year and has to go up in weight at 160lbs and I really don't think his power will translate. Hell, I didn't think his power was really there at 154.

Really hope it plays out differently tho, our whole hood will be watching this so I pray the homie doesn't disappoint.

Really get a sense that Tap is a live dog. I believe dude when he says in interviews that this is make or break. Plus, Lemieux is a banger but he isn't a machine....a stiff jab stops him in his tracks every time.

Do you get a sense of what he'll do if it does end badly? Would be a shame to tell a 26 year old with ONLY 2 losses on his record to hang up the gloves, but he also has a beautiful family to think about. His little daughter is a star on social media, lol.

I will be honest with you, Canelo to me is overrated. What I want to see if TRIPLE G fight someone legitimate. Not these tomato cans he always does. He is supposed to be the boggie man and everyone supposedly afraid of him. Yet he himself does not go get the best fights. He want to be the best, he needs to fight the best.

Who in the middleweight division would you like to see him fight? Macklin, murray, and lemieux are not tomato cans.

^Along with Rosado and Stevens, definitely wouldn't call them tomato cans either. Rosado is tough as nails and Stevens landed a few left hooks on GGG that would normally drop most middle weights. I love how most people say Golovkin needs to step up and fight better competition. I don't see better competition stepping up to the plate and trying to shut this "hype job" up.

^Along with Rosado and Stevens, definitely wouldn't call them tomato cans either. Rosado is tough as nails and Stevens landed a few left hooks on GGG that would normally drop most middle weights. I love how most people say Golovkin needs to step up and fight better competition. I don't see better competition stepping up to the plate and trying to shut this "hype job" up.

This.

What sites are you'll placing bets on. Thinking of putting some money on Curtis Stevens. He is facing some young untested prospect who has a high work rate but is there to be hit. Curtis looks to be in excellent shape and he has a new trainer.

No worries, when King Khan unleashes that 30 punch combination on Ginger we won't have to worry about Oscar or Ginger.

If GGG wants the fight, he needs to storm into the ring and say he's willing to accept whatever terms even at a 155 lb catchweight. But I think he's too much of a gentleman to do it.

Nah, he's had a bit of cockiness to him over the last 3 fights or so. "Just gimme my belts."

Amazing how fast people switch up on Canelo. All the praise he received for fighting Trout (POST Cotto hype when NOBODY wanted that), Floyd, and Lara all before the age of 25. Dude deserves a bit of a pass, no?

If he came out and said he will take on lesser fighters after fighting a streak of top end fighters we'd be more understanding. But he didn't. He said he wants to fight the best, to be remembered as a warrior. But now the king at 160 wants to fight him and his stance has changed. So, no, he doesn't get a pass.

You know what, I wanna see Khan beat Canelo for ***** and giggles. Then I wanna see him do it again because GGG is the WBC mandatory. Then I wanna see Khan get shattered by GGG. It'd be like Little Mac taking a Mike Tyson uppercut, one hit KO.

FWIW I think the Wade fight was GGG's last fight on his HBO deal.  If he doesn't get the Canelita fight, him and K2 can threaten to go across the street. 

That's a bit risky, no? Can Showtime offer him more than HBO?

I guess to a fighter who only cares about unifying the belts the money doesn't matter too much. Play on, player.

Back
Top Bottom