Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Gennady Golovkin ‏@GGGBoxing  7h7 hours ago
"Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, is clearing a date -- Sept. 17 " Let's do this @ESPNNYYankees

laugh.gif

Hopkins suggested that GGG should fight Kovalev. Can Golden Boy make it anymore obvious that they are protecting their Golden goose? :lol:

I mean...what are they even protecting? It makes no sense :lol: :smh:

He's not undefeated. He doesn't have any #1 P4P ranking to protect. It's not like losing again will do much to affect his drawing power, if anything his mexican fanbase would love him even more if he went down fighting like a real one.

What does Golden Boy have to look forward to if they duck GGG? More 300k buyrates against mediocre opponents?

Whats the buyrate prediction for this weekend though? 600k? 1m? :nerd:

Last edited:
My spider senses tell me something bizarre is going to happen in the Canelo-Khan fight, I just don't know what exactly

Well if Canelo even wants to consider fighting GGG, he needs to fight an actual middleweight first.

^
Congrats on your nuptials fam!

:smh: @ the talk coming from Saul and Oscar.
Just vacate the belt and start fighting at 154.

Im starting to agree with mexican fighters/fans from mexico about canelo. I still rock wit em but not how i used to.

Hopkins suggested that GGG should fight Kovalev. Can Golden Boy make it anymore obvious that they are protecting their Golden goose? :lol:

I mean...what are they even protecting? It makes no sense :lol: :smh:

He's not undefeated. He doesn't have any #1 P4P ranking to protect. It's not like losing again will do much to affect his drawing power, if anything his mexican fanbase would love him even more if he went down fighting like a real one.

What does Golden Boy have to look forward to if they duck GGG? More 300k buyrates against mediocre opponents?

Whats the buyrate prediction for this weekend though? 600k? 1m? :nerd:

But Canelo was 22 at the time, he could blame the loss on being too green. Now he's 25 and in his prime or approaching his prime so he has less room for error. Losing to Floyd Mayweather, usually comes in the form of a 12 round boxing lesson. Going against GGG, is a death wish.

Speaking of which, Showtime decided to air this fight tonight. It's definitely to throw shade at HBO.
View media item 2021528

Last edited:
Interesting, never seen that interview. Did him or anybody from his team take a step towards making it happen tho?
Person that needs to take initiative is Brook

Only time Brook stepped up was because his team lost a purse bid

He looked good but hasn't tried to take another tough fight since
tired.gif

It's not happening. UFC has Conor locked into an exclusive contract, and there's no way he takes a number that low to fight Floyd either.

But he'd definitely get destroyed if it happened

Back
Top Bottom