Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

It's not happening. UFC has Conor locked into an exclusive contract, and there's no way he takes a number that low to fight Floyd either.

But he'd definitely get destroyed if it happened
Yeah Dana White ain't about to let this happen.

Kell Brook would easily own the 154 weight class.  If he goes to 154 to become king of that weight class, Khan could be king of 147 and Broner could be king of 140

Stil waiting on Triple G fighting any legitimate competition. He should move up and fight Ward. SOG would put a beat down on this clown.

its funny, people talk crap on Money May or Canelo for not fighting him, yet GGG gets a pass when it comes to him moving up and fighting Ward. Smh* :rolleyes

I'm glad I watched that BC interview with Broner.

DOn't get me wrong, I still think that man is an idiot, but he's def not Dumb.

Pretty calculated guy.

My hang up with him was he was never able to articulate his antics and or situation, he'd just wild out and be like "AB about billions blah blah blah"

Dude is actually on point, get it how you get it though.

As far as Fake, and him saying he isn't fake, man that **** is a straight up lie. Anybody who acknowledges they wild out so they stay on peoples minds, is acting, that **** aint real.

Stil waiting on Triple G fighting any legitimate competition. He should move up and fight Ward. SOG would put a beat down on this clown.

its funny, people talk crap on Money May or Canelo for not fighting him, yet GGG gets a pass when it comes to him moving up and fighting Ward. Smh* :rolleyes

Ggg has been clear....hes not moving up or down to fight anyone in any other division untill he has all the belts.

Canelo is gona win saturday. Say something subliminal and then vacate.

Last edited:

So you giving Canelo a pass for holding the belt at 160 but only taking fights at 155, a weight class he basically made up?

GGG has been the WBC mandatory challenger at 160 since 2014, Cotto didn't want any parts and now it seems like Canelo doesn't either :smh:

I don't want to see Floyd vs GGG, I have zero interest in watching GGG drained down to 152 :x

Canelo on the other hand gets no passes from me, I thought he was on the right path but now dude is backpedaling more than Lara :smh:

So you giving Canelo a pass for holding the belt at 160 but only taking fights at 155, a weight class he basically made up?

GGG has been the WBC mandatory challenger at 160 since 2014, Cotto didn't want any parts and now it seems like Canelo doesn't either :smh:

I don't want to see Floyd vs GGG, I have zero interest in watching GGG drained down to 152 :x

Canelo on the other hand gets no passes from me, I thought he was on the right path but now dude is backpedaling more than Lara :smh:

I will be honest with you, Canelo to me is overrated. What I want to see if TRIPLE G fight someone legitimate. Not these tomato cans he always does. He is supposed to be the boggie man and everyone supposedly afraid of him. Yet he himself does not go get the best fights. He want to be the best, he needs to fight the best.

Last edited:

I will be honest with you, Canelo to me is overrated. What I want to see if TRIPLE G fight someone legitimate. Not these tomato cans he always does. He is supposed to be the boggie man and everyone supposedly afraid of him. Yet he himself does not go get the best fights. He want to be the best, he needs to fight the best.

Most of these tomato cans are his mandatory though .. most of the dudes that claim to be the best in his division don't even want to fight him. He can't even get Billy Joe Saunders to take a fight :smh:

If Canelo backs out, I think we'll see GGG vs Jacobs next.

Last edited:
I got invited to Vegas this weekend to be apart of the homie Tapia's entourage but couldn't make it :smh:

Probably better off not being there, especially if he gets washed by Lemieux imma be in my feelings :frown:

^
:lol:
Not eem' mad at that.

Whatever happened to Kell vs Diego?
I was looking forward to that. I would really like to see Diego vs Mauricio, one of the dirtiest, most awkward fights.

I got invited to Vegas this weekend to be apart of the homie Tapia's entourage but couldn't make it :smh:

Probably better off not being there, especially if he gets washed by Lemieux imma be in my feelings :frown:

Aye bro I hope u throw some money down on Tapia lol.. I threw a little down when he was a +1200, now he's at +800.. I think he's a live dog, odds kindve disrespectful lol

Aye bro I hope u throw some money down on Tapia lol.. I threw a little down when he was a +1200, now he's at +800.. I think he's a live dog, odds kindve disrespectful lol

:lol: yeah I got in at +1200 as well bro.

That's my dude so I could never bet against him lol .. however I don't like his chances at all :frown: .. throwing him in the ring with Lemieux first fight is not what I was expecting when he signed with GB. David's coming off a loss to GGG, he's going to be highly motivated to bounce back. Glen will be motivated as well after two straight brutal losses to Kirkland and Soro, but he's been off for a year and has to go up in weight at 160lbs and I really don't think his power will translate. Hell, I didn't think his power was really there at 154.

Really hope it plays out differently tho, our whole hood will be watching this so I pray the homie doesn't disappoint.

F it, I have a funny feeling with this khan canelo fight. I got in a bet at +400 for khan. Put down 100 for it for the hell of it. Only chance is at a decision.

What I want to see if TRIPLE G fight someone legitimate. Not these tomato cans he always does. He is supposed to be the boggie man and everyone supposedly afraid of him. Yet he himself does not go get the best fights. He want to be the best, he needs to fight the best.

I think you're a bit confused about who is avoiding the "best fights".

The GGG situation closely mirrors the situation Hagler had before all his legendary fights against Duran, Hearns and Leonard. In a sport like boxing, the way you make yourself the "A side" of a card is by beating one and taking his spot. The problem arises, when a guy clearly demonstrates that he is already top notch "A side" quality, before another big fighter gives him that chance. At that point a situation is created where any rational "A Side" fighter sees fighting GGG as a massive risk with very minimal reward.

GGG has tried to get fights with everyone that has been named except Andre Ward. There are multiple reasons for that though. One of them is that GGG has never gotten a chance to fight for the lineal belt in his own natural division even though he's deserved the shot for 2 years. For a lot of young up and comers this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but GGG is older and has already matured to his natural weight. It is not similar to Canelo's situation, where he walks around weighing more than GGG, but is waiting to mature a bit before moving up to a class that will still be natural. The second reason is that due to Ward's inactivity, he hurt his $$$ drawing power as an "A side". If Ward was Floyd, then GGG would've jumped to any weight to fight him, but in reality Ward is a guy who was #1 P4P behind Floyd before his inactivity, but wouldn't give him as big a reward as fighting a guy like Canelo. The Ward-GGG fight is the fight that should be marinating. Potential for 2 top P4P fighters in the world to go at it in a superfight. GGG-Canelo would be a super money fight, but Canelo is not a top P4P fighter and that's why it makes no sense for him to be dissing GGG. Canelo is exactly the type of guy who should get in the ring with GGG if he believes the hype is unwarranted, and the exact type of guy GGG needs to fight to legitimize the fact that he deserves to fight a guy like Ward. In the meantime hopefully Ward's name would gain stature again.

The whole GGG situation will come to an end the second one top/big name fighter steps up and gets in the ring with him. Hagler was 57-2-2 before Duran (a natural lightweight but huge name) finally bit the bullet for everyone and fought him. The second Hagler had beaten a name like that, his whole career hit a new level, and the $$ that came along was enough to lure Hearns and later Leonard to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom