Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Canelo vs GGG..

Close fight but Canelo takes it IMO. Don't bring Khan's winning rounds into the argument considering he's much faster than GGG. :lol:

My boy Cinnamon tho :smokin

Canelo is not as big a puncher as Lemieux, maybe not even as much as Stevens. He's going to have to outbox and slip GGG all 12 rounds. If GGG doesn't respect your power you won't stop his pressure. Canelo might break the KO streak but I don't think he wins.

For sure I expect some ridiculous split, GGG says no and de la Hoya says we tried. Same **** as the mayweather/Pacquiao :smh:

I still don't see the fight happening until next May, gotta hype it up and make a **** ton of money

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS[/URL]"]

Chris Mannix

@ChrisMannixYS

Oscar De La Hoya calls out @GGGBoxing and says "You better answer your phone tomorrow morning." Here's hoping that's real.

here they go with a 75/25 take it or leave it offer to GGG
[/quote]
Uhh what do you expect? Canelo IS the PPV King right now and should be paid a lot more. GGG isn't bringing in the ppv views like Canelo. I swear you guys don't use your brains. This is a business first and foremost. The PPV king has always had the bargaining power. You guys really expecting some 50/50 split? If GGG wants to be what he knows he can be, he needs to make sacrifices. He needs to accept that for this fight, he's not calling the shots. It's always happened like this in boxing.

Fight went how most people thought it would. Khan started well, won the first 2 rounds, lost the next three, then got knocked out.

Last edited:
Oscar going to demand a 98-2 split with a catch weight of 155 with a rehydration clause for GGG to 158. Seeing Oscar smile like he did last night made me sick. Ginger knocking out Khan isn't an accomplishment when you pull him up in weight last night. Khan fought an excellent fight last night but he had average defense when you need Mayweather type defense when your chin is not very good. Khan really did fight a masterclass for the first 5 rounds or do.

HLYkxDm.gif

a 75-25 split is fine.  

DLH and Canelita are going to demand a 90-10 split though, and a 155 CW.  GGG will say no, and then they will go fight Cotto again in September. 

I'd give Ginger more credit if he fought a guy like Kell Brook or Keith Thurman at the Canelo weight. Both guys are bigger welters and probably would have handled Ginger's power a little better. The irony of it all is that the judges had Ginger ahead on the scorecards. You can't win a decision against him if your name isn't Mayweather. :smh::smh:

I'd give Ginger more credit if he fought a guy like Kell Brook or Keith Thurman at the Canelo weight. Both guys are bigger welters and probably would have handled Ginger's power a little better. The irony of it all is that the judges had Ginger ahead on the scorecards. You can't win a decision against him if your name isn't Mayweather. :smh::smh:

Even then judges might see a draw :lol:

I think a Canelo GGG fight would be a very good and possibly close fight if Canelo is able to handle GGG's power. Canelo would be GGG's best opponent by far and GGG would be the biggest puncher Canelo has ever faced.

Canelo at worst was down 3-2. His body work was slowing Amir down and he started tagging him. Amir's hand speed and combinations gives everyone trouble but he's too limited to give a world class fighter issues. It's not just the glass chin - it's the awful defense and poor IQ/awareness.

Back
Top Bottom