Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I've tried to explain this to folks before, but the blind faith Canelo fans don't want to hear it. They don't want to acknowledge his skill in boxing or what he developed in the 400 amateur fights and 30+ pro fights. They just want to say he hasn't fought anybody.

I brought up that Canelo's first 32 fights were against cans in Mexico before progressing to washed up punchers and bloated former champs. The only retort is Golovkin never fought anybody as good as Cotto. Ignoring that Cotto was a welterweight weighing 153 at the weigh in and probably the same in the ring. Canelo being nearly 180.
GGG still hasn't fought anyone tho.
And I think people are ready to discredit him BC people want to label him as one of the goats BC of his ko percentage.

Nobody knocks his ability they just wanna see what happens if he fights a top guy like ward. Him beating canelo is nice but I think it will only change the argument a little. Neither of these guys have the resume of may PAC Jones Jr to this point which in all honesty is sad.

The 3 I mentioned were making a name for themselves by work and effort in the ring not BC of a flag and promoter hand holding (at least in the beginning)

Honestly I don't see GGG beating Canelo as being a big deal unless he stops him, if GGG is who he's supposed to be he's supposed to whoop Canelo's ***.

Canelo's been arguably outboxed and beat by the ONLY two legit 154lbers he ever fought in their primes. Trout got robbed on the cards, Lara was arguable, but bottom line Canelo didn't look like a monster against either one, he looked like a good, flawed fighter. Plus the Mayweather boxing lesson. Canelo ain't supposed to be able to run through GGG, or even outbox him without wack cards if he's as real as advertised.

I'd be more disappointed in GGG and impressed by Canelo if the fight went a competitive 12, regardless of who won on the cards.

Last edited:
I mean........canelo was losing majority rounds....if he didnt knock khan out, then he was in trouble.

Khans flaws exposed him for the KO. Thats why canelo started lookin like a pitbull halfway thru the 6 and started taggin his *** and then went for the kill.

Canelo couldnt cut the ring, he was allowing khan to set the pace of the fight- somethin that you dont see GGG tolerates.

Hopefully they fight this year. And if they do yeah canelo might end GGG's KO streak- but its gona be a helluva fight. And the TRUE mexican fighter out of khazakstan will get that W.

I wana know the true story behind the canelo and GGG sparring back in the gap tho.

Just because canelo is the draw doesn't mean he deserves 75% of the profit. It takes 2 to tango. A fight with triple G could be a 100m purse fight especially if it's done in Texas. 60/40 or 65/35 is more than fair. Without triple G, canelo makes no where near that much without Floyd or Manny.

And imo canelo has always been the bigger draw. Floyd falsely reaped benefit of fighting canelo and billed himself as the ppv draw, then most of his fights after flopped as well.

GGG v. Lemeiux should have never been on ppv in the first place.

Funny to me how canelo fans are taking the same mayweather approach to the fight game when 3 or 4 years ago, they complained when mayweather did it.

Last edited:
I mean........canelo was losing majority rounds....if he didnt knock khan out, then he was in trouble.

Khans flaws exposed him for the KO. Thats why canelo started lookin like a pitbull halfway thru the 6 and started taggin his *** and then went for the kill.

Canelo couldnt cut the ring, he was allowing khan to set the pace of the fight- somethin that you dont see GGG tolerates.

Hopefully they fight this year. And if they do yeah canelo might end GGG's KO streak- but its gona be a helluva fight. And the TRUE mexican fighter out of khazakstan will get that W.

I wana know the true story behind the canelo and GGG sparring back in the gap tho.

Canelo wasnt in trouble. One judge had him up 4-1 somehow

A fight with triple G could be a 100m purse fight

ea2ccb0da7dfbc3ad1dc297849d74519.jpg

Not sure of what that means but if you don't think 1million ppv buys plus a cowboys stadium gate of 80k + tickets can't produce 100m, then...

Can't help you

Last edited:
What if you're a Canelo and mayweather fan and respect the hustle?

That's the only way it's supposed to be, you gotta either respect the hustle or demand that fighters fight.

Can't demand that Floyd fights but then respect canelo's hustle...cause both camps are doing the exact same thing.

Last edited:
And for those that can't see the math...

Canelo vs. GGG will easily be a 1 million ppv buys fight. 80 bucks a pop x1M is 80mil even before a Texas stadium gate.

1 mil ppv buys is even slightly modest. 1.1 or 1.2 is more fair.

I don't like any of that BS n i do demand a fight with GGG. I don't think GGG will wash Canelo but all it takes is a single mistake and your on your ***... I'm not a fan of Mayweather style of boxing I prefer something with a little more action but I ain't favoring either with the ducking n dodging BS

I believe if this fight happens it will be a true test for Canelita cuz GGG tested Stevens and lemieux power and I don't think Saul has face anyone with power.

One question thou, Did Floyd get heat for beating smaller opponent like JMM. I don't remember...

I want the fight to happen but GGG needs to chill.

He sounds like every UFC fighter right now wanting to fight McGregor. Whining that he isn't getting the shot he deserves, taking little jabs at him like that ^ :lol:

his fighter just got put to sleep and dude was crying about canelo needs to fight GGG?

i didnt get that. 

I want the fight to happen but GGG needs to chill.

He sounds like every UFC fighter right now wanting to fight McGregor. Whining that he isn't getting the shot he deserves, taking little jabs at him like that ^ :lol:

He is and has been the mandatory challenger since 2014, I wouldn't compare that to one of these random UFC fighters :lol:

Back
Top Bottom