Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

If he came out and said he will take on lesser fighters after fighting a streak of top end fighters we'd be more understanding. But he didn't. He said he wants to fight the best, to be remembered as a warrior. But now the king at 160 wants to fight him and his stance has changed. So, no, he doesn't get a pass.

This. What really bothers me is that tonight will be his FIFTH fight in his very own made up division. Based on the weigh in photos, i dont think he could've dropped another lb like he says he can. If he claims to not be a true middleweight and can still can make 154, why hasnt he done it?

Last edited:
FWIW I think the Wade fight was GGG's last fight on his HBO deal.  If he doesn't get the Canelita fight, him and K2 can threaten to go across the street. 

Sometimes I forget that K2 is his promoter. Has Klitschko even attended any of his fights? Walk him to the ring or carry his belts, do something.

Last edited:
Sometimes I forget that K2 is his promoter. Has Klitschko even attended any of his fights? Walk him to the ring or carry his belts, do something.
GGG explained that in an interview
 It’s no secret that quality promotion in professional boxing is important. Your fans have often criticized your choice in opponents. Have you had any offers to change promoter?

Change promoter?

Yes

I have my own promotion.

They say you should get rid of Tom Loffler

Listen to me. I have my own promotion. Change? To who? Top Rank? Golden Boy? They’re no better.

K2?

Da hell does K2 have to do with it

Doesn’t Tom Loffler work for K2?

He’s licensed under K2… but has no relationship with the Klitchko brothers. I have no affiliations with them at all. He’s licensed, sure, but he works for me.
I think Loffler runs the American side of the business while the Klitchko's run the European side. 

Overall though the interview was really interesting, and GGG seems like a different person in his native language. 

We're probably getting Canelita-Cotto 2 at 156 this September 
mean.gif

I'm still trying to figure out who legitimately wants to see may/pac 2 or cotto/canelo 2, cause these promoters stay discussing those fights like people really give a ****.

As far as tonight, I'm thinking Khan is done by Round 5, but I actually wanna see him pull it off tho. Canelo getting exposed by a welterweight he cherry picked would be hilarious.

I'm watching the fight with a religious group that includes Pakistanis and Mexicans. The trash-talking has already begun on the group chat 
roll.gif

We're probably getting Canelita-Cotto 2 at 156 this September :smh:

155, homeboy. Canelo is most comfortable there and will never fight outside of it until he can't make it anymore.

Word is the WBC is working on a new Canelo version of there super champion brand title and a 155lb weight class.

The amount of hair splitting for what really amounts to 5-6 pounds.

Churro is a ******* diva.

The guy walks around at damn near 200 pounds, insists on fighting blown up welterweights and lightweights. Seems legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
Lemieux is walking through tapias punches

Edit: wow... tapia wasnt really doing anything but give him a chance man.

Last edited:
:smh: whose idea was it to match Tapia with Lemieux? Tapia needs to fight the Austin Trout's and Ishe Smith's, not guys who can crack and a middleweight at that.

Last edited:
Good stoppage by his corner, Glen Tapia used to be a good prospect, but wow he gets hit. Lemieux would have destroyed him later on more severely. Glen's a good use for a tune-up fight for other fighters so his corner wants him to live long or have a career left long enough to make more money just being a journeyman fed to other fighters.

Can't believe it's Khan vs Canelo fight coming up already.

Last edited:
Wedding was great. Thank you guys for the kind words of support. Getting ready for this fight.

is it possible to get the HBO PPV live broadcast via radio?  

Not possible, at least I haven't heard of anyone able to do it that way. What you can do is buy the PPV, close your eyes and listen to the fight, or cover the TV.

Hypocrite Dela Hoya:

"Khan is not an easy fight for Canelo. No fight is easy."

Hypocrite Dela Hoya:

"Floyd will come back for the 50th, and likely will fight Danny Garcia, an easy fight."

:stoneface:

Not possible, at least I haven't heard of anyone able to do it that way. What you can do is buy the PPV, close your eyes and listen to the fight, or cover the TV.

Hypocrite Dela Hoya:

"Khan is not an easy fight for Canelo. No fight is easy."

Hypocrite Dela Hoya:

"Floyd will come back for the 50th, and likely will fight Danny Garcia, an easy fight."

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
  I'm living in Mexico at the moment. Fight is free live but I rather listen to the HBO crew

Back
Top Bottom