Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

In my opinion, Berto is straight buns! I don't know why you guys are saying Danny is ducking Berto.

Both Molina and Berto suck but atleast Molina let's those hands go! It'll be an entertaining right!

Molina ain't one of those slick fighters like Berto, he'll brawl!

Which means he's more entertaining to casual fans and more vulnerable to get knocked out!

Smart business move by Danny's team. Y'all are forgetting it's a business.

One of those slick fighters like Berto :lol: what?

Maybe a misuse of a word, but compared to Molina, he ain't no brawler and doesn't leave himself open to get knocked out!

Calling Berto slick is like calling Byron Leftwich a mobile QB. 

JFE dropped his belts and is moving up to 115.  He's got a tune up planed for 10/8 and one in December, and after that him team wants the WBC to allow them fight Cuadras in a eliminator to secure the rematch with Chocolatitio. 

So there are rumors swirling around that perhaps Brook and his team felt he maxed out his potential and decided to just go for money grabs starting with the GGG fight. Supposedly, they are looking to get Canelo next. Saw this on a couple of youtube channels and twitter. I knew he looked off in his fight prior against some no-name and had doubts that he would even beat Vargas.

Last edited:
I guess taking Ls in a higher weight class but getting bigger checks is easier than fighting top opponents at 147 and building up to the higher revenue fights

Both Molina and Berto suck but atleast Molina let's those hands go! It'll be an entertaining right!

Molina ain't one of those slick fighters like Berto, he'll brawl!

Which means he's more entertaining to casual fans and more vulnerable to get knocked out!

Maybe a misuse of a word, but compared to Molina, he ain't no brawler and doesn't leave himself open to get knocked out!

I don't think you've ever seen a Berto fight, outside of possibly when he fought Floyd. These statements are far from accurate.

Ain't nobody knows who Berto was until he fought Mayweather.

Any boxing fan would know Berto. Casual fans might know him seeing as he had a fight of the year candidate against Victor Ortiz and was headlining HBO cards for awhile, plus fought on PBC. But if they don't know Berto, well then they DEFINITELY don't know Molina.

Berto is a bigger stronger more dangerous fighter and that's why Danny is choosing Molina. Molina never fought above 140, has been KOed by lesser fighters, and he got easily outboxed by Broner. They know what they're getting with that guy

So there are rumors swirling around that perhaps Brook and his team felt he maxed out his potential and decided to just go for money grabs starting with the GGG fight. Supposedly, they are looking to get Canelo next. Saw this on a couple of youtube channels and twitter. I knew he looked off in his fight prior against some no-name and had doubts that he would even beat Vargas.

I mean damn, is deciding to get in the ring with GGG really easier than getting solid paydays against dudes like Vargas and possibly Amir Khan down the line? He was looking at like 2 mil for the Vargas fight I thought, and the Khan fight would've been way more, on top of the fact that he had a real good chance of knocking Amir out clean.

Fighting dudes like GGG and Canelo is way more interesting and more of a challenge for sure though. GGG fight alone definitely raised his visibility and paychecks. But if he's just gonna sign up for fights where he gets his *** kicked everytime out that's not really the business.

Unless it's a legit boxing YouTube page like fighthub or undisputed champ, I wouldn't read into that much. Most of the boxing channels are run by salty biased middle aged men with no real info or basis for their analysis other than feelings.

I think it's more likely Brook cannot make 147 and there really aren't tons of fights at between 147 and 160 that can make bank. Brook is 30 and probably doesn't plan to be boxing much longer considering he only takes 1-2 fights a year. It only makes sense that Brook and his team are doing whatever to live a carefree life shortly.

Unless it's a legit boxing YouTube page like fighthub or undisputed champ, I wouldn't read into that much. Most of the boxing channels are run by salty biased middle aged men with no real info or basis for their analysis other than feelings.

I think it's more likely Brook cannot make 147 and there really aren't tons of fights at between 147 and 160 that can make bank. Brook is 30 and probably doesn't plan to be boxing much longer considering he only takes 1-2 fights a year. It only makes sense that Brook and his team are doing whatever to live a carefree life shortly.

This.

Paulina hit it right on the nail last month saying Brooks at 176 says he doesn't plan to move back to 147.

Although I wished he fought atleast Thurman and Khan at 147.

True. Well the Canelo fight definitely makes sense if that's the goal, and if Canelo wants it. They probably walk around at the same weight too so why not I guess. Although if he could make 147 I still think him and Amir could sell some tickets in the UK, and he could probably build his name up even more with a big knockout.

As a fan I'd much rather see him vs Khan and then maybe Spence or Canelo or whoever, rather than just going back to back on these fights at higher weight classes

Hearn is saying they're aiming for a spring comeback supposedly, I'm guessing near Cinco de Mayo if it's the Canelo fight

Hearn is saying they're aiming for a spring comeback supposedly, I'm guessing near Cinco de Mayo if it's the Canelo fight

Trying to make as much money as possible before a career ending injury.

It would make more sense if Brook and his team actually had a gameplan to beat these bigger guys.

Like actually boxing, moving your damn head, not sitting on the ropes and not taking unnecessary punishment.

He has the hand speed and enough power to get a decision

Can he stop Canelo in his tracks and keep distance the way he was able to against Porter? He wasn't able to against GGG who made it a street fight when Porter couldn't.

Can he stop Canelo in his tracks and keep distance the way he was able to against Porter? He wasn't able to against GGG who made it a street fight when Porter couldn't.

Porter isn't really much of a boxer. He just tries to bully you. Canelo can actually box to add to his power & size.

Dam that sounds like to quick of a turnaround for brook.

Canelo will knock that boys whole eyeball out!!

If Al wins the purse bid, would it really be that bad of an idea for HBO to let GGG fight Jacobs on the PBC if it's a nationally televised fight? 

Kind of a step down for ggg unless he gets PAID

I read somewhere something along the lines of 900k views on HBO and another 1.5 on the Spanish channel for GGG-Brook

Last edited:
Thays degrading for ggg homie.
laugh.gif

He ain't going to have a choice if they don't win that bid.  Jacob's isn't getting anything close to 3M if it goes to purse bid (GGG would need to get like 12M in that case) but his team might let it go in that direction knowing Al will win the bid, and force GGG to vacate if HBO doesn't budge. 

Back
Top Bottom