Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea man got sent to banned camp before summer vacay even began 
mean.gif

Major respect to Austin for leaving it all out on the floor after getting his face smashed, and for playing one of his best games of the season, if not the best.

The I-told-you-so's are still funny, like that's the way he's been playing all along. Just like people last night were real eager to say "Where are all the Austin haters now!" I didn't see anyone beating that drum when he had 4 points in 22 minutes on 1-7 in Game 4 for example.

Like I said before, we can revisit this next season and if he plays well I'll admit I was wrong about him.

I'll bite

The point isnt that Austin is a really good player.

He's going to be wildly inconsistent because he's a bench level / rotational player. He isnt anything spectacular.

But when you go to an extreme and say "he's terrible, he doesnt belong in the NBA" thats what I object to. There's some middle ground to be had with him and thats the only thing I was trying to argue. The individual defense he showed against Lillard and McCullum isnt anything new.

As if he didnt step into CP's shoes and avg 15 a game before we blew the 3-1 lead or that this year for the majority of this year he was at over 10 a game in 20 min on 40% on 3's. And he's 23 years old.

I did call him terrible, I didn't say he doesn't belong in the NBA though. I exaggerated a little.

I'll concede that maybe I didn't give his on-ball defense enough credit, although I still think he falls asleep too often off the ball.

I think the 4 games against Houston when they took a 3-1 lead is some cherry picking, because he fell apart and played terribly in the next 3 games.

The 40% on threes thing I still don't think is close to sustainable.

Last edited:
Like I said, I respect Austin's heart last night. I do.

I'm not going to say he has always played like that.

But I'm not going to take away the fact that he did something we all talk about in sports: dudes going through a significant injury and putting out an impressive performance. Like, it's one thing for a guy to sprain his ankle and insist on staying in and end up with a bunch of missed layups and double digit turnovers. Dude got busted in his eye something fierce, and had a nice game.

It's a LOTTTTTTTA dude in the league who don't play after taking a shot like that, and some of them are our beloved superheroes.

Agreed.

I never said Austin was going to be great. NT declared him garbage and said he would never amount to anything.
No one is ever rational in these threads contrary to the evidence :lol:.

WHATCANISAY [emoji]128514[/emoji]
His obsession with Jay Z and showing off his parents wealth in every thread was incredible. People call me a narcissist but he was a classic case.

Sea man got sent to banned camp before summer vacay even began 
mean.gif
Nah.

You'll see him around, in other threads.
Oh I know, I meant banned from this thread. Gonna be weird to see actual basketball being mostly discussed in here with him gone. Slander bus done lost it's driver 
laugh.gif

still cant believe superwade showed up last night :lol:
hornets had no business being in that gm with how badly they played aside from kemba

anyone know status of batum?

:nerd: what did I miss in here? Been working a lot last 2 days. Give Rivers major props. Still dont thinks hes great at all and lucky his dad is a coach but you cant coach heart and dude gave it all last night. Says a lot about his character.

The way seaman up operated made no sense. He'd troll this thread nonstop yet he would be all serious in General of all places with is a cesspool.

The way seaman up operated made no sense. He'd troll this thread nonstop yet he would be all serious in General of all places with is a cesspool.

I'm just glad his act finally wore thin on people other than erupt and myself. :lol:

Idk what the poor guy is gonna do with himself now that he can't average 80 posts a day in here. Might have to make an actual friend in real life.

I'm just glad his act finally wore thin on people other than erupt and myself. :lol:

Idk what the poor guy is gonna do with himself now that he can't average 80 posts a day in here. Might have to make an actual friend in real life.

Savage :lol:

bet Austin is in a world of hurt today. But he's still a warrior. I'm an AZTEC Warrior!!! No more locked dooooorrrsss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom