Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like Dwane Casey and Demar and Kyle are conspiring to make sure Jonas Valanciunas never reaches his potential.

It's almost like Dwane Casey and Demar and Kyle are conspiring to make sure Jonas Valanciunas never reaches his potential.
Second most important player on the team and before him it was Amir Johnson.

Demar DeRozan was never important to the success of this team.

Agreed. It's like a way worse version of when Rudy Gay was on the Grizzlies jacking up shots while Marc wasnt getting his touches. Jonas could be big time next year once Derozan is gone.

Cassidy on NBA Tonight is bad 
pimp.gif

Whatever happened to that foreign Bruno dude the Raps drafted that was three years away from being three years away?

Jonas was getting ate by Whiteside in the 1st and touched the ball every other trip down it seemed.

Jonas should have touched the ball 25 times in the 2nd while he was hot, and he touched it only on HIS offensive RB's, and Toronto finished the 2nd with 1 assist. 

ONE

People said "OKC played a perfect game and Spurs struggled, and OKC barely won"

Eyetest said neither played perfect but Spurs were closer to perfect in that 2nd game, than were OKC if you look at the bare components.

I'm right in the middle of piecing together my DFS lineups for tomorrow so trust, I'm knee deep in these stats.

OKC's advantages (as it always is, Rebounding) 

1. 48 for us 37 for Spurs (we Rank 1 in Offensive rebounding for the year and 2nd in Defensive). 

2. Steven Adams controlled   contained the paint on both sides

3. Pace/Legs/Youth

4. Kanter although he posted a -11 (usually negative) he keeps our 2nd unit alive with another near DD in only 19minutes; 12pts 8rbs, 3bks, 100FT% with 4-4

Spurs advantages (who cares but here goes)

1. LMA shot 71% with over 20fga's following up his game 1 performance of 78% with 25fga's

2. SPurs total FGA were 94 to our 79 but we got to the line almost 1o more times at a 80+% clip.

3. TO's- Spurs had only 10 to our 18. (only 10were steals OKC just sloppy with the rock)

4. SPurs only had 10 steals (Thunder can actually live with this if they don't cough up the ball 8+ more times on top of the steals)

Now, the new take per ESPN any media outlet including NT is "how will the Thunder stop LMA"

Answer, they won't need to. As many of his shots that were were wide open, were also contested. He was/is just hot.

Thing to keep in mind, my man still has a bum wrist and Lighting the Thunder up is something he HAS NOT made a career out of.

Will it happen again, WHO CARES, but probably not.

If it doesn't, KAWHI better come with one of those GSFOAT performances because Adams got the box in the middle on lock.

Key to Spurs victory for game 3, Boris to the Diaw. 

Pop will come with him, too, I believe

Ramble yes, break from #'s crunching was needed. 

a-friend out

Last edited:
Jonas was getting ate by Whiteside in the 1st and touched the ball every other trip down it seemed.
Jonas should have touched the ball 25 times in the 2nd while he was hot, and he touched it only on HIS offensive RB's, and Toronto finished the 2nd with 1 assist. 
ONE

I keep seeing you say that Jonas was getting ate up by Whiteside in the first half....the dude only missed like one shot the entire game, how was he getting ate up? It was just the same story of him not getting touches. If they don't start feeding him the ball they're going to lose this series.

He couldn't get a shot is why.
He had the ball on the block plenty, though.
He couldn't get a rebound either.
Dude had like what 6-7 fga's?
I bet all but 2 or 3 of them were putbacks.
He got his touches first half.
But same goes come 4th, Jonas isn't a part of things for whatever reason. Hell, he used to get the Kevin Love/Kanter type treatment in the 4th, barely played
I agree if they don't feed him they will lose.
They will lose, but They still have to play the games, Wade looking gassed half the times.

Last edited:
Hassan gotta beef up that lower body.

Jonas rag dolled him on that offensive board after DD bricked that pair of free throws late.

The Raps get the worst shots man.
Fax.

That's exactly what I think every time I watch them. Like the they're the opposite of a smooth offense that results in a couple really high percentage opportunities for their best shooters; they're like the anti-Warriors or anti-Spurs.

JV is probably the closest the league will ever see to a traditional big. He has a old school game, he just beats the hell out of the opposing centers. Never realized because I don't watch Toronto that much.

JV is probably the closest the league will ever see to a traditional big. He has a old school game, he just beats the hell out of the opposing centers. Never realized because I don't watch Toronto that much.
He's still developing his back to the basket game. Touches in these kinds of games would go a long towards fhat.

But Lowry & DD continue to chuck & Casey doesn't see an issue with it :lol:

It's bizarre.

He's still developing his back to the basket game. Touches in these kinds of games would go a long towards fhat.

But Lowry & DD continue to chuck & Casey doesn't see an issue with it
laugh.gif

It's bizarre.
But Lowry should be better, he spent the extra time in the gym tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom