Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do yall want LESS basketball?
:rofl:

Because my body needs rest :tongue:

Its just that come playoffs I don't want to see a best of 7 in the first round. Drags on too long.

But when I think about it, first round usually goes by pretty fast, so maybe it's all good :tongue::lol:

Maybe shorter schedule would help LeBron win, f*k that dude, make it 10 games a round :lol:

Last edited:
While there are some East times I like watching, like the Pacers and Celtics and I think the 1st round match-ups in the East are overall better than in the West, its hard to get into the East series because I don't think any of the teams have a real shot of winning the title or even knocking the Cavs out. So the whole process just feels anticlimactic.

I'm looking forward to the Heat/Hornets and Blazers/Clips series in the first round. Dame and Kemba will be going off.

That's just a now thing.. there will come a time in 3 years when both conferences are wide open and people will want best of 7 again. Then it'll just be a whole new process to get it re-re-re-re-reverted

While there are some East times I like watching, like the Pacers and Celtics and I think the 1st round match-ups in the East are overall better than in the West, its hard to get into the East series because I don't think any of the teams have a real shot of winning the title or even knocking the Cavs out. So the whole process just feels anticlimactic.

This 100%

I'm looking forward to the Heat/Hornets and Blazers/Clips series in the first round. Dame and Kemba will be going off.

Only teams I wanna see lose early are the Clippers and the CAVS.

Who was the dude on DET that said being seeded against the Cavs was ideal, because you wanna take down Goliath, and you get the first try? That was real :smokin . They ready :smokin

Last edited:
That's just a now thing.. there will come a time in 3 years when both conferences are wide open and people will want best of 7 again. Then it'll just be a whole new process to get it re-re-re-re-reverted

Hasn't been like that for 40 years. NBA has the least intrigue when it comes to the playoffs, only 4-5 teams have any shot from the beginning of the year.

Hasn't been like that for 40 years. NBA has the least intrigue when it comes to the playoffs, only 4-5 teams have any shot from the beginning of the year.
What about this year where the 3-6 seeds in the east all have the same record? or last year where the west from 1-7 was LOADED? It doesn't matter the teams that have the shot, there can always be upsets or teams that are underseeded because of injuries etc.

I mean, if we're going by the "only 4 teams have any shot" then why don't we just make the first round Spurs vs Warriors and OKC vs Cleveland? The playoffs format is perfect the way it is, it might take a while for the first round to finish but it's that way it is in hockey too. Builds the playoffs up and makes them more meaningful. Plus a series going to 7 in the first round provides more playoff experience for both teams. Makes the league better over time because dudes get used to the stresses they have to place on their body and the difference in regular vs postseason play.

The only reason you can put forward for making a 5 game first round in 2016 is "I get tired of seeing the first round", but imagine the fans who get 4 home games in a series? That drives jersey sales and hype which benefits the league and the sport.

And we still already know there's 4-5 teams right now than can realistically win it all (GS, SA, CLE, OKC, LAC) the same from the beginning of the year. If Miami gets Bosh back, which as of today he hasn't been ruled completely out maybe Miami gets in there, but this is really all just fodder. I'll watch cause I love basketball, but it hasn't changed in 40 years, the better teams going in 95% of the time win.

Last edited:
I'm calling it now....

Trailblazers vs Hornets in the Finals :lol:
With Stotts coaching Portland? The only coach I'd want less right now is Doc. We aint getting past the 2nd round.

Wish the only eastern conf. game I'm interested in didnt start so early on the west coast. Gonna miss the whole thing :smh:

Last edited:
DeRozan 
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom