OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

Missy falloff is too real, what happened man?
mean.gif
injuries and poor coaching choice

she probably should have gone pro earlier.. but I think there were other college programs that would have been better suited for her and would have worked on her weaknesses

Last edited:
gymnastics scoring baffles me :lol:

I remember a few olympics back one of the american twins for the men's gymnastics had a bad landing and almost hit the judges' table. He didn't have much taken off and still had a high score. Had people wondering why he didn't get a bad score.

girls can peak at an earlier age just because they mature way faster than boys (and even during that process it's different for guys and girls), so you can have some really young girls sorta come on the scene seemingly out of no where just prior to an Olympics.. like ledecky in 2012.. missy broke out before 2012 at the world championships and then followed through to the Olympics in 2012

but ye is just a funny one, what she did is pretty improbable.. her last 100 of a grueling race was faster than what two of the all time great men (and all men at the games) did in the same event

she popped up and didn't get anywhere close to what she did in those handful of days after.. I mean you don't want to question people, but man her cause is pretty hard not to

like I said with hosszu, she was already good but not THIS good.. and she's making these huge jumps in her 20s which is pretty rare for women (she's 27)

with women, I think it's just a sustainability thing.. whether they can maintain and improve upon whatever made them successful at that young age as their bodies develop

it's a fine balance you have to strike in the sport between flexibility, strength, mental fortitude and managing fatigue and energy levels.. and obviously motivation is huge considering the hours that have to go into it  (4-6 hours a day going up and down looking at that black line and that's just in the pool)

Last edited:

girls can peak at an earlier age just because they mature way faster than boys (and even during that process it's different for guys and girls), so you can have some really young girls sorta come on the scene seemingly out of no where just prior to an Olympics.. like ledecky in 2012.. missy broke out before 2012 at the world championships and then followed through to the Olympics in 2012

but ye is just a funny one, what she did is pretty improbable.. her last 100 of a grueling race was faster than what two of the all time great men (and all men at the games) did in the same event

she popped up and didn't get anywhere close to what she did in those handful of days after.. I mean you don't want to question people, but man her cause is pretty hard not to

like I said with hosszu, she was already good but not THIS good.. and she's making these huge jumps in her 20s which is pretty rare for women (she's 27)

with women, I think it's just a sustainability thing.. whether they can maintain and improve upon whatever made them successful at that young age as their bodies develop

it's a fine balance you have to strike in the sport between flexibility, strength, mental fortitude and managing fatigue and energy levels.. and obviously motivation is huge considering the hours that have to go into it  (4-6 hours a day going up and down looking at that black line and that's just in the pool)

Field hockey looks like it'll mess up your back. In gym class we'd play hockey and have to hunch over like they do and it wasn't comfortable.

Wow China finally doesn't win gold in a diving event.  Bronze in Men's 3m springboard synchro

[quote name="millenial"]Wow China finally doesn't win gold in a diving event.  Bronze in Men's 3m springboard synchro[/quote]Definitely shocking to hear. Who won gold? China got silver, right?

Wwwwwwwwwoooowww! Then not only am I shocked that China didn't gold, but that USA finished ahead of them.

Wow Kohei is down in 2nd place going into final rotation of men's all around gymnastics.  Might be a huge upset

kohei uchimura squeaks out the Gold.  First man in 44 years to repeat all around gold medalist.  7 straight all around titles

Back
Top Bottom