Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Ive said my peace bout Horny before. Hes just not a good leader of men. His communication skills are lacking heavy. He comes from the sloan school of “making the youngins work for it” ( which i think is a weak point of most player turned coaches. They try to imprint their experience of playing onto them. In a way that could be detrimental to development , but keeps up the “tradition” and keeps the vets happy). Theres people who were born to coach, then theres people who want to do it.

His answers to the media are often indictments on his player and rarely of the shortcomings of him or his staff. He is delusional about the production he is getting from his veterans. He believes they are the steadying forces . But they really are trash and have no positive outcomes on the game. His goto guys are JJ and Lee and they are slow and consistently terrible. And have rewarded him with 8 straight losses. Maybe 14 losses out of 18 . Just bottom of the barrell production from them yet he is scared to bench them.

With that said, i dont want him to get fired. I wish stress upon him because I want him to wake up in the offseason and realize this is not what he is suppose to be doing post playing career. His coaching staff is so buns . They look like dweebs and probably get no respect on lines at the busy bodegas. They look like the type to stand and wait to pay for their bagels as people walk by holding up their honey buns and dropping the dollar or so off. no ability to adapt or communicate.

I also dont want to fire horny cuz hes a great tank captain. If we gonna fire him, then the next coach of the Knicks better replace him. Not interim Rambis.

So im projecting another 7-9 seed. Any big 6’7”-6-9” two way forwards available? we desperately need a triple double threat .

That was a good loss last night. High quality tanking.

Also captures the issues with relying on Hardaway in a nutshell, he can't even be consistently hot for a full game. How in the world did he finish 14-24 :lol:

With that said, i dont want him to get fired. I wish stress upon him because I want him to wake up in the offseason and realize this is not what he is suppose to be doing post playing career. His coaching staff is so buns . They look like dweebs and probably get no respect on lines at the busy bodegas. They look like the type to stand and wait to pay for their bagels as people walk by holding up their honey buns and dropping the dollar or so off. no ability to adapt or communicate.
:rofl::rofl:

Wouldn't mind that dude Dave Bliss who Porzingis likes with the long *** beard getting a shot at being an interim coach to finish out the season and play the young guys. He's the only one who seems like he has any real potential especially with Longstaff gone.

Just not ****ing Rambis. He shouldn't even be here. He needs to be shown the door when Horny is fired. Knicks need to bring back Pablo as an assistant. I also miss Herb Williams. If we're gonna have an assistant coach last from coach to coach it needs to be Company Man Herb, not ****ing Rambis. :lol:

So im projecting another 7-9 seed. Any big 6’7”-6-9” two way forwards available? we desperately need a triple double threat .
Sounds like you need to hop on board the Doncic wagon. :pimp:

But that's if we get into the top 5. At 7-9, I'd be thinking Miles Bridges ATM.

Also not necessarily Knicks/NBA Draft related but Shamorie Ponds :pimp::pimp:

If he enters, use a 2nd rounder on him.

You play the best players for your desired outcome regardless of age unless their talent dictates they be on the floor. When the win streak made it "appear" like the Knicks had a shot at a playoff spot JJ was the right choice. Now that its a race to the bottom Frank is the better choice.

THJs game last night embodied every sentiment I have regarding him as a player :lol:

Next coach will be part of the lineage of Perry/Mills. As long as the new coach understands the direction the NBA is at/headed to I could care less who they hire.

Oh and it must be engraved in their contract that Rambis can't be part of their staff.

I've kinda accepted David Blatt as our next coach cause of the connection to Mills.

God forbid we give anyone 'outside the circle' a chance...

Whoever the coach is I hope they stress the basics of player movement and pick setting, the teams fundamentals are severely lacking even with all the minutes the vets get.

The thing that upsets me about the coaching staff is that Hornacek had his greatest success with a very specific rotation that employed 2-3 attacking pg’s who can either finish at the rim or find open teammates. During his tenure he had, Barbosa, Bledsoe, IT, Dragic, and Knight. At no point in his tenure have we had any pg that fits that mold. Not absolving him of any of his shortcomings or faults as a coach but why hire a guy if it wasn’t the plan to equip him with the tools that he was able to use to be successful elsewhere? Am I bugging

Na I understand what you're saying. But imo any coach that needs a specific personnel to be successful is not a good coach.

They're usually way too stubborn and refuse to change their ways. Always forcing what "worked before"

I think we're gonna sneak into that bottom 5. I have hope.

Now some are saying Doncic is on his own tier. You guys agree with that?

We're 2-8 in our last 10 but so are the Bulls. Nets & Grizzlies are 1-9.

We're just as bad as the teams in front of us but we need some help to move up.

The thing that upsets me about the coaching staff is that Hornacek had his greatest success with a very specific rotation that employed 2-3 attacking pg’s who can either finish at the rim or find open teammates. During his tenure he had, Barbosa, Bledsoe, IT, Dragic, and Knight. At no point in his tenure have we had any pg that fits that mold. Not absolving him of any of his shortcomings or faults as a coach but why hire a guy if it wasn’t the plan to equip him with the tools that he was able to use to be successful elsewhere? Am I bugging
I get the point you’re making but let’s not act like Hornacek had a great track record before coming here either

He had one decent season with Phoenix in which they overachieved and still didn’t make the playoffs

The year after he had the same 3 PGs and flopped

I think we're gonna sneak into that bottom 5. I have hope.

Now some are saying Doncic is on his own tier. You guys agree with that?
Yes, been saying that for a minute. His Euro production is unheard of and far more impressive than anything anyone in the NCAA is currently accomplishing. Most of these NCAA dudes wouldn't get minutes on Real Madrid and Doncic is their best player at 18 yo. His game should translate seamlessly in the NBA. Think Ben Simmons but a better shooter.

I want Kidd or Bud coaching this team next year but I consider both to be unlikely. Like people said before, I just hope our new coach is up to the times in the NBA. I can't take this playing inside-out bull **** for another season. :smh:

^ exactly... i dont know why some people here say well how can you blame horny our roster is trash... we got KP, timmy, kanter and lee who are pretty decent players.. KP is pretty good but not consistent and timmy, kanter and lee are solid role players...we had a promising player in willy but didnt give him a chance and traded him for peanuts...you look at milwaukee, indy, and miami there roster is not that much better than ours but their record is definitely better... the coach is not making the proper plays, adjustments and has bad rotations... in a close game you cant iso the last minutes of the 4th quarter... horny has to take some blame too

Y’all worried about coaches but I’m worrying bout this tank and getting another mid-round or higher draft pick via trade down the road.
We need an elite ball handler who can shoot and pass (trae young or doncic), frank already shown flashes of becoming a great perimiter defender. And I wouldnt mind if we got a mobile defensive big like Mo Bamba

Back
Top Bottom