Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Ya'll can't be mad at melo , he was here for a min. Had a subpar roster and was asked to be the man on a team that was transforming to a big 3 or more league...

He played his game... gave us memorable games and tried to make it work but it definitely wasn't his fault. He should feel slightly jaded by the city. I don't blame him. F nY

“He played his game” about sums up Melo. Zero effort to do anything beyond that but he’s supposed to be some sort of superstar we should feel bad for.

“I played my game. We lost again. Whatever.”

Let’s be honest, if we just didn’t trade half our team for Melo and waited the 3 months we would have been in better shape. But you know, we couldn’t wait because pairing Melo with Galanari and Wilson is just too stupid...

Wing defense with mikal and Frank would be a revelation compared to years of turnstile defense on the perimeter.

Every team Marbury was traded away from got better after he left. Steph was horrible for teams.
Not the Knicks! :rofl:

Got to get a better draft position, he will be gone at 9.
No shot. He wont go ahead of Doncic, Ayton, Porter, Bagley, Young, Jackson Jr. or Bamba.

That's 7 right now and it's a pretty consensus top 7 ATM in whatever order. But all 7 are ranked consensously higher than Mikal and are all one and dones while Mikal is 2 years older than them as a junior (albeit still raw with room to improve).

Then there is Wendell Carter Jr., Kevin Knox, Sexton, and Miles Bridges who are all ranked in that late lottery range and any of those guys could easily go ahead of Mikal as well. I think it's VERY unlikely that Mikal will be gone by 9, especially playing against the stacked deck of being the oldest of the bunch and not the stand-out best. He's a year and a half older than Miles who is the only other non-one-and-done of the group.

My current top 10 (for the Knicks) is:
1. Doncic

2. Porter
3. Bagley
4. Trae
5. Bamba
6. Jaren Jackson Jr.
7. Ayton
8. Miles Bridges
9. Mikal Bridges
10. Sexton

Last edited:
Only reason I don't want Mikal is I don't really think he moves the needle. He'd be the perfect fit on an established team. Very very good rotation player, really not an all star caliber player though. Mentioned it before but Mikal reminds me a lot of Otto Porter, whose a 3rd option right now, but Wizards really not going anywhere anytime soon.

We need to strike gold on this pick if we wanna go anywhere. Especially if Frank shows zero improvement.

Back
Top Bottom