Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I'm with @njavier03 on this one. Dude has scary bust potential. There's only ever been one Steph.
Trae is a freshman who was leading the NCAA in points and assists with NO HELP.
Steph came out of college as a Junior.
Trae also has tremendous court vision (way better than Curry) and confidence thru the roof. Let my guy COOK!
Plus he would be a great PG if we want to keep Frank and have them both start

Trae is a freshman who was leading the NCAA in points and assists with NO HELP.
Steph came out of college as a Junior.
Trae also has tremendous court vision (way better than Curry) and confidence thru the roof. Let my guy COOK!
Plus he would be a great PG if we want to keep Frank and have them both start

I'm sorry but with these small microwave scorer types (and dude is SMALL) they bust a massive percentage of the time. And they always get hyped up by the mass media during their college runs too.

Having a PG would be cool and I like Frank off ball but IDK about Trae man. I mean you could be right but it's risky.

I'd take a chance on Young if we had more young building blocks.

Porzingis is a star but the jury's still out on Frank, Mudiay ain't it, & Dotson is a decent rotation player at best. We need to hit this pick.

I'm sorry but with these small microwave scorer types (and dude is SMALL) they bust a massive percentage of the time. And they always get hyped up by the mass media during their college runs too.

Having a PG would be cool and I like Frank off ball but IDK about Trae man. I mean you could be right but it's risky.

I hear you, everything is risky but he's passed the eye test for me a long time ago...especially his court vision.
I'm actually glad his hype "died" :lol: as he's young and will need better conditioning but his mechanics and fundamentals are solid. The defense could be another story but I'm taking Trae all day.

Frank won't be in the league when he's 24?

:lol:
Lots of dudes fall out the league in 3 years.... he'll be another casualty

The length of an average NBA player is 5 years. I don't see frank becoming a top 20 guard in 2 or 3 years. He'll be in the CBA averaging 16 and 7...

Lots of dudes fall out the league in 3 years.... he'll be another casualty

The length of an average NBA player is 5 years. I don't see frank becoming a top 20 guard in 2 or 3 years. He'll be in the CBA averaging 16 and 7...
Sounds like easy money barring injury. Bet.

I ain't say a damn thing about being a top 20 guard :lol:

I'd take a chance on Young if we had more young building blocks.

Porzingis is a star but the jury's still out on Frank, Mudiay ain't it, & Dotson is a decent rotation player at best. We need to hit this pick.
No brainer to me, you take the freshman who lights up the entire NCAA...who has no help on his team...and has the best court vision in college
Forget the Steph Curry comparisons...he's more Steve Nash to me

I'm pro Sexton. I think defensively him and Frank could really do a number on most backcourts. And it gives us some much needed athleticism.

I feel like people say this all the time. The "people always take a chance on the small guards who get compared to Steph Curry and light up the NCAA and get hyped by the media, but there are far more Jimmers than Stephs" narrative.

But what are we really talking about? Who fits into that category since Steph Curry besides Jimmer? Trey Burke, maybe, and too a much lesser extent? D'Angelo Russell was getting some Steph comparisons and while he hasn't been a world beater it's certainly WAY too early to call him a bust or even that he won't become a franchise PG. Shabazz Naipier maybe? Who probably would have gone 2nd round if Pat Riley didn't want to get him in a last ditched effort to keep Lebron in the late first? I mean by that logic "the small microwave scorer types who get hyped up by the mass media during their college runs," you can put Kemba into that category as well and he's become an all-star.

I'm not saying I disagree that Trae Young has bust potential, I agree that there will always be more Jimmers than Stephs but you can say that about ANY draft comparison. That's just the nature of the draft. It's a ******* crapshoot. I just that I think that particular narrative is VERY overplayed. That Steph-like category isn't as big as people make it out to be and because Jimmer was such a bust people generalize that anyone compared to Curry like Jimmer was is gonna wind up like Jimmer.

And make no mistake, I don't think Trae Young is Steph or Jimmer, per say, but he is MUCH closer to Steph than Jimmer. He has incredible creativity shooting off the dribble and passing the ball, something Jimmer never had, he's not a great athlete but compared to Jimmer he might as well be Westbrook, and like it's been said, he is a freshman doing something that has never been done before in NBA history. You just can't write that off completely, you just can't. Jimmer was a senior when he made his run and Steph was a soph/junior. IMO you can't completely discount the possibility of Trae becoming a star at the next level.

Having said all that, I'd take Sexton over him. Kid is the ******* truth. Better size, much better athlete, and he is a ******* gamer. He goes hard at all times like Russ. He would be nice to pair in the backcourt with Frank as the kind of penetrating PG teams look for nowadays. They would make a good fit together if FRank starts shooting the ball better, which history tells us is very likely. Move Timmy to the 3 and that's a backcourt I can **** with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom