Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Can’t take anyone seriously that would take Trae with our pick. There are a plethora of solid prospects in this draft, but y’all want the one with the highest bust potential. What’s the success rate of small scoring guards in the league? AI, Kemba, Steph...anyone else of all star caliber fit the mold?
I've said many times in here that I agree Trae Young probably has the highest bust potential of the top prospects (maybe outside of JJJ) but again, the League has changed so drastically since the times of AI where you could only really make such a comparison for players drafted post 2009 when Steph was drafted. The League has shifted in Trae Young's favor and there haven't been a ton of prospects like him in recent years who have failed in the way people sometimes make it out to be. Certainly not any who led the NCAA in scoring and assists because that's never been done before by anybody ever. He's not necessarily my top pick, but as a freshman he just accomplished something that has never been done before playing in a very tough conference during an era that favors scoring PGs and outside shooting. I think it would be foolish to discount him being somebody special.

Personally, my biggest concern for Trae is his lack of athleticism more than his lack of size. He isn't THAT small and we have seen similarly statured or smaller players in recent seasons become great scoring PGs due mostly to their speed/quickness (Kemba, Kyrie, Isaiah, Lowry, Schroder, Lou Will) while Trae will have to rely mostly on what Steph does, but let's not act like it's inconceivable that he has the skillset to do so.

I also think something that gets overlooked about Trae that will be a HUGE advantage is his ability so shoot off a variety of dribble moves, something that has helped guys like Steph, Dame, and Isaiah make it to the next level without elite size or athleticism and there aren't too many guys outside of those 3 who do it better than Trae at the next level. That will help him get buckets against NBA defenders.

Steph Curry averaged 17 and 6 his rookie season. Would anybody really be surprised if Trae was able to match those numbers next year if he were a full-time starter? I don't think I would be. I think he's one of those guys who got so overrated that he's actually become underrated. :lol:

Last edited:
Sexton won't be available at 8-9 if he keeps up his play.

Perry Mills said they're prioritizing athleticism & versatility so it sounds like Miles or Mikal would be the pick.

News surfaced Thursday that potential #1 overall pick Luka Doncic will miss at least two weeks with a thigh injury, which will likely keep him out for at least a small portion of the Euroleague season stretch run. Doncic’s club -- Real Madrid — had already been struggling of late, due in part to a rash of other injuries, including top scorer Sergio Llull and ex-NBA big men Gustavo Ayon and Anthony Randolph.

"Porter has ground to make up if he's going to be a top-three pick," added a third scout.

Not a fan of twin tower type lineups (AD, Cousins) in today's game. Hypothetically speaking if we do get the #1 and don't want Ayton, I'd be open to moving it for the Suns 3 picks (most likely 3, 15, 16).

Could get very creative at that point like Ainge did with Fultz.

Not a fan of twin tower type lineups (AD, Cousins) in today's game. Hypothetically speaking if we do get the #1 and don't want Ayton, I'd be open to moving it for the Suns 3 picks (most likely 3, 15, 16).

I'd be in for that deal

Basically trading Doncic for MPJr, SGA, and whoever else we like in that range.

Back
Top Bottom