Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Sound like he was finding trouble trying to make up good things to say about coming to the Knicks. Stretched it out to make it about NY being the mecca and the big market :lol:

I mean what fond memories does a 19 year old have of the Knicks/Garden that don’t involve them getting torched? :lol: They gotta stop asking these kids about this “Mecca of basketball” bull****. We’ve officially been trash longer than some of these kids have been alive now.

/rant

im just praying we can trade some players for another pick in this draft...
Mudiay is trash & needs to go
Lee can go to a contender

I wouldnt be surprised if a team actually reaches and takes Mikal higher than he's projected to go

Basketball is all about confidence.. yeah skill and talent play a part but confidence makes you better than anyone before the tip...

If you lose your confidence you lose your ability to play at your highest possible level...

Look at d Rose

Look at Noah,

Look at frank....

The kid has upside but he ain't confident enough in his own game to take the next step...

Mudiay did us a favor. Helping us to lose more games

I am really disappointed with Mudiay. Glad I am not a scout. Learned my lesson and I am going to be just quiet about newcomers from now :lol:

It sucks cause he has all the tools. I still think he’ll be ok with the right development. Frank as well

Basketball is all about confidence.. yeah skill and talent play a part but confidence makes you better than anyone before the tip...

If you lose your confidence you lose your ability to play at your highest possible level...

Look at d Rose

Look at Noah,

Look at frank....

The kid has upside but he ain't confident enough in his own game to take the next step...
But Rose and Noah's fall offs had nothing to do with confidence, their bodies just fell apart.

Hell Rose still has delusional level confidence.

But Rose and Noah's fall offs had nothing to do with confidence, their bodies just fell apart.

Hell Rose still has delusional level confidence.

Yeah, Noah always has had confidence. Injuries just got the best of him. Same with Rose. He still tries to get to the rim and is willing to shoot. He’s just not the same athlete anymore.

Yeah, Noah always has had confidence. Injuries just got the best of him. Same with Rose. He still tries to get to the rim and is willing to shoot. He’s just not the same athlete anymore.
I think Rose's confidence affects his body more than he realizes... the mind and the body is connected whether we want to believe or not. He said it himself his confidence has been down since he came to new york. At times he be feeling himself but you can tell he not going 0-100 like before simply because he don't trust his body which brings confidence down. Look at melo, he can't move like he used to now he's almost joe Johnson 2.0...

Melo is top 20 in scoring all time list and he hasn't made the playoffs in like 5 years... lol. Imagine

I think the problem with Mudiay was that his athleticism was overrated from the jump. Before all else I think thats what it comes down to because that was considered his best quality as a draft prospect.

He never had an offensive game but I mean his nbadraft.net scouting report has him compared to ****ing John Wall. People just figured that he was a big pass first PG who was a menace on defense and that he would be in this elite class of PGs athletically, and then maybe his jumper would come around with time.

And Mudiay is athletic, especially for a guy with his size/strength, but he's just not athletic enough to rely on it the way Westbrook or Wall or early DRose and others are. He isn't quick enough to beat defenders, penetrate the paint, and draw in help defenders - especially when they have 0 respect for his jumper. He also has had a ton of trouble finishing around the basket, which I don't remember being a concern about him coming into the League. I think once people figured that out, he lost what was considered to be his best skill-set when he came into the League, the one that made him such a highly regarded prospect, and now he's just mediocre.

I remember leading up to the 2015 draft there being some very late rumblings from scouts that his "freak" athleticism was a bit overhyped, but it was too little too late. He was already a projected top 5 pick at the time. Just an example of a guy who dominated in HS due to his raw physicality and there just wasn't enough tape on him available after that to evaluate him as well as some other prospects. China is played a lot differently and is much weaker competitively than the top Euro leagues and I remember that he was injured for a large chunk of the Chinese season as well.

I mean if you look at some of the Draft scouting reports on him, some of his major weaknesses 3 years into the League like getting to the paint, finishing in the paint, and running the transition offense, were regarded as some of his greatest strengths.

Luckily we didn't take the gamble on draft night. I still think it was a good gamble for wack *** McDermott, but it would be another story if it cost us Porzingis. We would be in SHAMBLES right now if we had drafted him. :sick::lol:

I think Rose's confidence affects his body more than he realizes... the mind and the body is connected whether we want to believe or not. He said it himself his confidence has been down since he came to new york. At times he be feeling himself but you can tell he not going 0-100 like before simply because he don't trust his body which brings confidence down. Look at melo, he can't move like he used to now he's almost joe Johnson 2.0...

Melo is top 20 in scoring all time list and he hasn't made the playoffs in like 5 years... lol. Imagine

Good point. I would argue that Rose’s confidence suffers, but still shows flashes. In all seriousness, Frank plays like he’s scared. I don’t think he was anticipating how much more aggressive the game is here compared to in Europe. That’s why I don’t like the idea of him going back home, vs getting some off season runs here. He can be a solid wing defender with some play making and scoring ability, if he just mans up a bit.

I think part of the reason Frank is hesitant is because he doesn't have a very long leash with Hornacek so he's playing not to mess up instead of just playing his game

You might be right. Horny is not the coach that I hoped he’d be. At least he’s not playing Jack anymore :lol:

You might be right. Horny is not the coach that I hoped he’d be. At least he’s not playing Jack anymore :lol:

It only took 55 games for him to sit Jack :lol:

Also, as a lead guard you have to know when to pick your spots to score and when to defer to your teammates. Frank seems way too focused on being unselfish that it hurts the team. Good thing is that he's only 19 and has time to learn.

Good point. I would argue that Rose’s confidence suffers, but still shows flashes. In all seriousness, Frank plays like he’s scared. I don’t think he was anticipating how much more aggressive the game is here compared to in Europe. That’s why I don’t like the idea of him going back home, vs getting some off season runs here. He can be a solid wing defender with some play making and scoring ability, if he just mans up a bit.
He probably is scared. But that's because he's a ****ing 19 year old rookie who has no idea what is going on. Ya'll act like it is a state of being.

I think its part of the weird obsession of trying to assign everything to mindset "this guy is good because he's an Alpha" or that type of nonsense. "I know this guy will be good because he was a GAMER in college"

Like saying Rose is bad now because he lost confidence... no Rose is the same guy mentally he's always been like this, just physically he is different. People say Dwight Howard sucks because he's mentally soft, was he mentally soft when he dropped 40 point to close out LeBron in the ECF? No, he has a back injury that took him down 2 notches of athleticism...etc.

Yeah the whole confidence thing is nonsense to an extent

Sure it plays a part but it’s not the driving force that determines how much better someone is than the next guy

Back
Top Bottom