Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Remaining schedules --

Sacramento (2.5 GB): @ PHX, @ MEM, @ SA, HOU
Brooklyn (2 GB): @ PHI, @ MIL, @ CHI, CHI, @ BOS
Chicago (1 GB): CHA, @ BOS, BKN, @ BKN, DET
New York: ORL, MIA, MIL, CLE, @ CLE

Last edited:
I mean the worst he can do is fine them. These fines barely mean **** to the players, for the owners it's literally like pocket change. Think Reinsdorf can easily give up 250k even for something that helps his basketball team and thus will make him more money down the road. :lol:

Silver needs to face it. He will never put an end to tanking as long as losing is incentivized. I love Silver but this is simply a losing battle he's engaging. Even if it's less incentivized (an idea I like alot and am excited for), tanking will exist as long as it is still more beneficial to lose meaningless games than win them. If you're a team completely out of the playoff picture so winning means absolutely nothing, and losing can help your draft odds, even just incrementally, you are still going to want the team to lose.

Only way to truly do away with tanking is to go back to the 1985 formula and give every team who misses the playoffs equal lottery odds. And even that wouldn't truly do away with tanking completely. I mean teams wouldn't strategically try to lose games but they would still want to give their stars/veterans rest if their season is lost and give young players a chance to shine and develop so they can see what they have in them for the future.

Im down with giving the best odds to the 9 seed and working down.

Helps mid level teams get better.

Keep the trash at the bottom

Knicks need to offer Phil's contract to Jay Wright. Guy is by far the best coach not in the NBA who runs a system that would work in the NBA. Just has an aura of greatness.

Knicks need to offer Phil's contract to Jay Wright. Guy is by far the best coach not in the NBA who runs a system that would work in the NBA. Just has an aura of greatness.

Him or Shaka smart is who I would take a chance on when it comes to college coaches. Both develop talent.

Love Wright & Smart. Don't know if NBA guys would buy into Smart's defense, tho.

Wright has it made at Nova. He has no reason to leave.

Back
Top Bottom