Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

that's what i'm concerned about. Melo was the last player since STAT that was hell bent on winning here. i think STAT came more because we gave him a guaranteed deal, but whatever i'll include him for the hell of it. this organization screwed Melo and used him as a scapegoat, but he still wanted to play here. KP witnessed all of that, and i highly doubt he'd be willing to go through it himself. right now, he has no reason to stay other than the money. this GL roster is horrid with a speckle of hope. Trey and Beas are our off the bench scorers, Frank hopefully becomes more than just a good defender, and we are in the lottery again. other than that, wash the whole damn roster. however, the first change that needs to be made is to kick Rambis to the curb. **** Rambis, Phil, Steve Mills, Doug Christie.
Doug Christie :rofl:

:lol: Days with no games and thread turns in to full time FrankTalk.

Y'all are angry about the wrong things :lol: More to do with being tired of the Lnicks sucking than Frank's development.

I'll tell you this much any other rookie you think we should've drafted would've probably already had a season ending injury if they were on the Lnicks. Cuz that's just what happens with the Lnicks.

Good thing we didn’t draft DSJR for his sake

This will always burn my soul as a Knicks fan.

Garden fans were robbed of a KP x DSJ duo. Those two would've had MSG rockin for years. Broken ankles and posters every where. Season tickets would've been acquired. That would've brought the energy back to NYC Basketball immediately.

Add another top pick this summer (like Mikal Bridges) and our young core would've been already secured and enticing as hell to top free agents. Throw a Paul George, *cough*lebron*- Derozan or Klay Thompson in that mix and we'd have a serious contender on our hands.

But it is what it is with this team.

This will always burn my soul as a Knicks fan.

Garden fans were robbed of a KP x DSJ duo. Those two would've had MSG rockin for years. Broken ankles and posters every where. Season tickets would've been acquired. That would've brought the energy back to NYC Basketball immediately.

Add another top pick this summer (like Mikal Bridges) and our young core would've been already secured and enticing as hell to top free agents. Throw a Paul George, *cough*lebron*- Derozan or Klay Thompson in that mix and we'd have a serious contender on our hands.

But it is what it is with this team.

Stop making so much ******* sense. It hurts

I’m not gonna sit here thinking about why we didn’t take this person or this person. Not until we actually see where DSJ career heads. Mitchell every team ****** up on.

Is DSJ another middle of the pack PG that puts up empty stats on a team that always loses or does he actually lead his teams to wins? Will Frank forever be a scrub or actually be a good starting PG with DPOY potential.

To the Knicks credit we did our due diligence on DSJ. Plenty of articles out there that he didn’t wanna give us another workout or his physical. So I get it why they steered away from him. We also did our HW on Donovan Mitchell. I remember we were the first team to actually look into drafting him that high. He moved up draft boards after that. Team probably felt that our pick was too high of a pick to draft him, which is why no team before us drafted him also.

I’m 10000% certain if Frank was drafted before us, we’d pick Mitchell over DSJ too. This teams scouts know what they’re doing. It’s just last year we had greater influences than usual.

Another Knick legend going to the hall

Get #5 in the rafters :nthat:

ny_knicks_mediaday_06.jpg

I’m totally confused by why people have decided dsj is this good player. He has to make a huge leap to be even a plus on the court from what he’s doing this year.

I’m not gonna sit here thinking about why we didn’t take this person or this person. Not until we actually see where DSJ career heads. Mitchell every team ****ed up on.

Is DSJ another middle of the pack PG that puts up empty stats on a team that always loses or does he actually lead his teams to wins? Will Frank forever be a scrub or actually be a good starting PG with DPOY potential.

To the Knicks credit we did our due diligence on DSJ. Plenty of articles out there that he didn’t wanna give us another workout or his physical. So I get it why they steered away from him. We also did our HW on Donovan Mitchell. I remember we were the first team to actually look into drafting him that high. He moved up draft boards after that. Team probably felt that our pick was too high of a pick to draft him, which is why no team before us drafted him also.

I’m 10000% certain if Frank was drafted before us, we’d pick Mitchell over DSJ too. This teams scouts know what they’re doing. It’s just last year we had greater influences than usual.
^^^

Jesus the way some of yall talk about DSJ is ridiculous. I mean I like the kid and always have, but he is spoken about in here like he is having a historic season or even the kind of rookie season Mitchell is having. He is an offensive minded PG putting up empty stats on low efficiency (shooting less than 40% from the field) with a high usage rate on a losing team. That far from guarantees him some kind of great NBA career. I don't think he's really shocked the world in any way, let alone legitimized himself yet. There have been players with rookie seasons a lot better than DSJ to not pan out and there have been rookies far less spectacular than Frank who have panned out in major ways.

DSJ isn't doing anything that MCW didn't do as a rookie, and Giannis didn't do anything as a rookie that Frank hasn't just a few seasons ago. The best players the Knicks have drafted in the 2000s (besides KP) have probably been David Lee, Nate, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Ariza; coincidentally not one of the 5 or so Knicks to make 1st team all-rookie during that same span. Nobody here knows how this thing will play out so to jump to conclusions one way or the other like it's foregone is just ridiculous.

There is no way of telling that he will be anything even resembling a star PG at this point or even that he'll be better than Frank. Just remember, the same scouting team that picked Frank over Dennis is the same scouting team that picked Porzingis when I vividly remember the same names in here *****ing about Dennis Smith and not making the "easy pick" also *****ing about not taking Mudiay or Winslow back then.

I mean, Phil and co. obviously did a whole lot of other dumb **** as well, but just based on the KP pick I think they at least deserve more than one season to crucify their selection. Plus, Knicks were rumored to be deciding between Frank or Monk, not even Dennis or Mitchell.
Another Knick legend going to the hall

Get #5 in the rafters :nthat:
I hope to God that is sarcasm. And I vocally want JKidd to be the next coach of this team.

Last edited:
18 and 15 for Trey today. You guys think his play is a fluke? He’s been putting up some very impressive numbers.

Trey been going off the past 20 games or so sheesh

Good thing we have him locked up for next to nothing next season :smokin

Front office got one right for once :lol:

Back
Top Bottom