Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven't seen the video yet, however, I've seen ton of post fight vids from other boxers, media, fans etc....... he has lots of people who actually believed he won the fight.

Better to look gracious in defeat while discussing actual issues in the judging that you perceive than trying to trash or downplay your opponent's skill or power.

Jacobs did great, but he definitively came up short if you watch the fight again while turning off commentary and emotions. I've said it multiple times, at first watch I expected the judges to give it to Jacobs, but having rewatched it multiple times now I can say the judges got it right confidently.

There's also something funny about downplaying your opponent's power when your face is still swollen, he dropped you, and you looked like a bobble head off of his jabs. I agree Golovkin isn't the most powerful fighter Jacobs faced, but his power looked more than adequate. Obviously Pirog is the hardest puncher he's dealt with and we know how that ended.

does anyone have the GGG Jordan shirt?
How does it run? I usually wear a XL but that size is sold out.
I know JB ran HUGE back in the day, but I haven't bought anything from them in a minute.

Just wait, they'll probably re-stock.

Better to look gracious in defeat while discussing actual issues in the judging that you perceive than trying to trash or downplay your opponent's skill or power.

Jacobs did great, but he definitively came up short if you watch the fight again while turning off commentary and emotions. I've said it multiple times, at first watch I expected the judges to give it to Jacobs, but having rewatched it multiple times now I can say the judges got it right confidently.

There's also something funny about downplaying your opponent's power when your face is still swollen, he dropped you, and you looked like a bobble head off of his jabs. I agree Golovkin isn't the most powerful fighter Jacobs faced, but his power looked more than adequate. Obviously Pirog is the hardest puncher he's dealt with and we know how that ended.
Just wait, they'll probably re-stock.

:lol: GGG opponents always downplay his power. Meanwhile no one is standing and trading with him and everyone gets hurt bad. Rosado even accused him of pulling a Margarito WHILE saying he didn't hit that hard

Would Dmitry Pirog be the king of MW if his career wasn't cut short?

Too tough to say, he definitely showcased the skills and power to be while he was active. However, it would be pretty easy to question his opposition similar to how folks do to Golovkin.

We'd also have to ask if we think Pirog would defeat Jacobs at his current level and that's a tough call.

:lol: GGG opponents always downplay his power. Meanwhile no one is standing and trading with him and everyone gets hurt bad. Rosado even accused him of pulling a Margarito WHILE saying he didn't hit that hard

If I recall correctly Rosado was trying to accuse Golovkin and his people of tampering with his gloves. He said something about the pudding being off and feeling nothing but knuckles when he would connect.

Question what was Jacob's entrance music for the fight I could not id the artist at all could any one else?

If that fight actually happens, Mikey beats Loma IMO.

He should have a fight at 135 with someone else before they decide to throw him in there with Garcia.

That would be a good fight but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Did Mikey really sign with the moneyteam? I know he not with top rank no more

Man what a fight that would be though Loma vs Mikey

I remember HBO hyping Mickey up like he was the next big thing a few years ago where has he been?
Loma is a talent though. Would like to see a tune up at 135 as well before he steps in with Mikey

Yo, I usually rock with Teddy Atlas, but him leaving GGG of his top ten P4P list doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:
There's media from just yesterday where Lomachenko said he'd prefer to stay at 130 because it's his natural weight. He wants to unify, but would be willing to move up if the other titlists refuse to fight.

I'd love to see Loma vs Garcia, but let's not forget where these reports are coming from: Arum's mouth. I'd take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom