Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No need for that, he already retired as P4P #1

He should just focus on his promotional company and developing that generational prospect who has both the skills and marketability to be a PPV cash cow

C73yf_gXUAEdNKV.jpg

25 years ago today, Mike Tyson was sentenced to six years in prison for rape 

Floyd needs to come back to wash one time, grab the belts again, wash Mcgregor and retire.
There's only one way I see Floyd coming back for one last hurrah, McGregor fight notwithstanding:

Thurman, who is the WBC and WBA champ, fights the winner of Brook-Spence. The winner of Thurman vs Brook/Spence would then have the WBC, WBA, and IBF WW belts.

Manny, who is the WBO WW champ, then decides to fight the winner of Thurman vs Brook/Spence, to unify four belts.

Floyd fights the winner of the Pacquiao fight. If Floyd wins, he becomes the undisputed lineal WW champ.

Last edited:

There's only one way I see Floyd coming back for one last hurrah, McGregor fight notwithstanding:

Thurman, who is the WBC and WBA champ, fights the winner of Brook-Spence. The winner of Thurman vs Brook/Spence would then have the WBC, WBA, and IBF WW belts.

Manny, who is the WBO WW champ, then decides to fight the winner of Thurman vs Brook/Spence, to unify four belts.

Floyd fights the winner of the Pacquiao fight. If Floyd wins, he becomes the undisputed lineal WW champ.
All that would take 2 years to happen, Floyd ain't waiting around for all that to fight at age 43 after a 4 year layoff 

All that would take 2 years to happen, Floyd ain't waiting around for all that to fight at age 43 after a 4 year layoff 
Yeah most likely he won't but we all know money talks and with Floyd, it's all about the $$. And a 43-year old is not no normal 43-year old. A 43-year old Floyd is like a 33-35 year old fighter.

Regardless I still think Floyd-Pac 2 gonna happen in 2018 after Floyd wipes the floor with McGregor in June.

Last edited:

Yeah most likely he won't but we all know money talks and with Floyd, it's all about the $$. And a 43-year old is not no normal 43-year old. A 43-year old Floyd is like a 33-35 year old fighter.

Regardless I still think Floyd-Pac 2 gonna happen in 2018 after Floyd wipes the floor with McGregor in June.
I agree on that those the only 2 dudes worth getting outta bed for...

Golovkin-Jacobs sells 170,000 on PPV

K2 promoter Tom Loeffler tells ESPN, now that the numbers have all trickled in, that Gennady Golovkin’s second PPV appearance against Daniel Jacobs on March 18 sold roughly 170,000 PPVs. That represents a modest increase from Golovkin’s PPV debut where he took on David Lemiuex in October 2015 in a fight that sold about 153,000 PPVs.

"The projection we are now getting is in the 170,000 range, which we feel is a good improvement over GGG's first pay-per-view show and many recent pay-per-views," Loeffler said.
Whatever you think of Golovkin’s numbers here, Golden Boy promoter Oscar De La Hoya will cite this as proof positive that his fighter Canelo Alvarez is the clear A-side in any negotiations with Golovkin, and won’t budge from what he deems as a “more than fair offer” for a September fight.

Loeffler, meanwhile, is satisfied with Golovkin’s commercial performance which generated about $10M in domestic pay-per-view revenue, despite half of that money going to cable and satellite carriers, while also going head-to-head with March Madness.

"Going against the NCAA tournament wasn't easy, but that was the date that worked for Madison Square Garden and TV and it was a great boxing weekend in New York," Loeffler said.

Ryan Songalia‏Verified account @ryansongalia  21h21 hours ago
 Breaking: Mike Koncz says it "looks like" Pacquiao will proceed with a July 2 fight against Jeff Horn. Says they're "finalizing the terms"

Gibson vs Orozco should be a good fight tomorrow night on ESPN2.

Hopefully Gibson wins and then boxing events can come back to St. Louis.

Back
Top Bottom