OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Also why is everyone so sure that Tom Herman wants to go to LSU...? (I'd ask the same question to people who think he'd go to USC.)

LSU isn't a historically elite football program. They had the best college football coach ever running them for 4 years, and a historically good coach in Les Miles the 12 years after that.

Outside of that what makes LSU such a great job? Louisiana recruits? You don't have to go to LSU for that. An administration that fires you when you won a national championship, played in another, and have a 77% winning percentage, have never won less than 8 games and won 9 games the previous year? Having to play in the SEC and against said greatest head coach of all time at least once a year, and if you're lucky enough to make the national championship game, then twice a year?

I think people are mistaking two great coaches in a short span of time for "great job." I'd argue those great coaches made it a great job while they were there.
I don't think anyone is sure Herman wants to go to LSU, it's just a logical assumption to make at the moment. 

Bringing up LSU's pre-Saban history is about just as irrelevant as bringing up UF's pre-Spurrier history, and FSU's pre-Bowden history.  Is it a blue blood? No, but does that really matter?  No, it's one of the 5 best jobs in the country. 

The state of Louisiana produces the most NFL talent per captia in the entire country, you share a border with TX, and you have no in-state rival.  

All dynasties fall off at one time or another, and Saban is going to be 65 in October. 

Last edited:
P5 Coaches that could be out in the winter (based on early chatter and rumblings):

LSU, PSU, Baylor, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, UCLA, Miss St., Auburn, Oregon, Oklahoma

How would you rank those?

Last edited:
Herman is a lock for LSU. I'd be stunned if he said no.

$8-9M per coming his way.

Going to be another awkward situation for Coach O.

P5 Coaches that could be out in the winter (based on early chatter and rumblings):

LSU, PSU, Baylor, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, UCLA, Miss St., Auburn, Oregon, Oklahoma

Texas
USC
LSU
ND
Oklahoma
Oregon
Auburn
PSU
UCLA
Baylor
Miss St

1. LSU (top 5 program and quickest road to recovery, BY FAR)
2. Texas (could have flip flopped with LSU but i went with SEC team)
3. ND
4. USC
5. Oregon
6. Oklahoma
7. Auburn
8. UCLA
9. Baylor
10. PSU
11. Miss St.

all my personal opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Oregon over Oklahoma? Pass that.

Anyways, I'd say there isn't a discernible difference between LSU/ND/Texas/USC/Oklahoma. All Tier 1 (10-12 schools in that tier... Bama, UM, OSU, FSU, UT... couple others maybe)

Last edited:
yeah, Oklahoma should be ahead of Oregon but i'm looking at a bunch of various factors in my decision. Filling in for Stoops is a big task. They will not find someone on Stoops level with their next hiring. I'm not even a Stoops fan but realize his impact. Oklahoma is in for a rude awakening the day he's not there.

Texas

LSU

USC

ND

OU

Oregon

Auburn

UCLA

PSU

Baylor

MSST

That factored into 85% of my decision. I'm mesmerized by it. And the players lounge/facilities.

And Phil Knight.

But them jerseys.

CtSc4-OWgAAXFHk.jpg:large

PFF_College 2h2 hours ago

USC tackle Chad Wheeler hasn't allowed a QB hit or sack in 128 pass block snaps so far, giving him the Pac 12's top pass blocking efficiency

Super surprising considering how bad the line was against Stanford and Bama.

Oregon is a top job? How and why?
It's a top job because of the team's branding and Nike support, but Eugene, Oregon sucks and recruiting there without the bag men and the winning/hype is hard.

To echo Dan Rubenstein, It's a top job if you want to be in Oregon and don't mind the recruiting challenge. It's not an attractive job otherwise.

@CASH MONEY 1999  It's definitely not a top 15 job.

Last edited:
I have a real question though, Notre Dame fans were saying that when kelly gets fired they should be able to lure David Shaw but at this point is Notre Dame even a better job than Stanford? I know I know they went to a national championship but I don't think they are ahead of Stanford talent by much or resources

Back
Top Bottom