OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
only place Shaw is leaving Stanford for is the NFL.

Come on down to LA. We're getting rid of our coach, i hope

I have a real question though, Notre Dame fans were saying that when kelly gets fired they should be able to lure David Shaw but at this point is Notre Dame even a better job than Stanford? I know I know they went to a national championship but I don't think they are ahead of Stanford talent by much or resources
Did you used to post under AndrewLuck?

ND is a better 'Job' than Stanford but I highly doubt David Shaw would leave Stanford for ND w/ how tied in he is to the fabric of this incarnation of Stanford football. I think if he leaves it's for the NFL, not another College job.

Shaw's such a weird coach. He goes through long multi-game stints of atrocious idiotically conservative play calling then randomly strings together 8-10 game stretches of brilliance, then the cycle repeats.

Last edited:
Shaw's such a weird coach. He goes through long multi-game stints of atrocious idiotically conservative play calling then randomly strings together 8-10 game stretches of brilliance, then the cycle repeats.

In the ucla game he called time out on fourth and one while trailing.... Only to kick it away! These types of ridiculous decisions he would not be able to get away with at the next level. (See mike McCarthy and Andy Reid)

elite recruiting grounds are on some level neutralized by fighting off your in conference rival bagmen .

Theres obviously enough talent to go around for LSU,Clemson,Auburn,Alabama,Georgia's,UCLA,Texas,Michigan,USC to eat so i can hear and understand that argument .

but i hear stanford not a better job then notre dame and im befuddled for real . might be different perspectives and how attractive we percieve a job to be personally but pac 12 coaching jobs rival SEC all day everyday for me .

Last edited:
 Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre  2h2 hours ago
Supreme Court deciding this week whether to hear the O'Bannon case. Gamers should hope they take it on, but odds are heavily against it.

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre  2h2 hours ago
@austinpitts Status quo basically. Focus would turn more to what happens with the Kessler v NCAA case.

So if you guys had to rank the top 15 jobs in college football how would you rank them??

So if you guys had to rank the top 15 jobs in college football how would you rank them??
lots of variables to account for but genetally speaking ,

in (somewhat) order

Texas
Ohio State
Alabama
Michigan
LSU
Florida
FSU
USC
Georgia
Clemson
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Miami
Stanford
Oregon

Last edited:
left out UCLA but couldnt think of who to take out . and the second half of the list is interchangeable

Last edited:
Coach Harbaugh after Penn State kicks a FG on 4th & goal from the 2 down 28-0 (after lining up for the fg, calling a time out, then coming back and kicking anyway):

29818862942_5f3dfd86d2_o.gif

1. Texas
2. Bama
3. USC
4. Ohio State
t5. Florida
t5. FSU
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. LSU
10. Notre Dame
11. Georgia
12. Miami
13. Tennessee
14. Clemson
15. Nebraska

If these USC fans don't stop clamoring for Les Miles...

come on, Trojan fans are not the brightest bunch of fans in college football. They see name, see success at LSU, and see a great candidate. Its a 1+2=3 fan base. Don't forget, 80% of them were thrilled with the Helton hiring. Its the kind of fan base where those in power can't do no wrong. In USC they trust

But from what i've heard, its really gaining steam. A lot of people who love the idea of Miles coming to LA love the fact that he'll bring a great group of assistants with him.

And to be honest, what other options are out there. I'm not a fan of Miles, but man, i can't think of anyone else I'd like, knowing Herman is all but a lock to LSU. Chip Kelly is my 2nd choice (hell, he's actually my first choice over Herman) but SF ain't firing him after 1 year.

forgot about Mark Dantonio. What are his roots? Is it laughable to think we could get him to come revive the program?

Does he seem like an LA kind of guy? I'd throw $10M at him. He'll always be third in line in the Big 10. Come here and be the top dog with Shaw.

he definitely doesn't feel like an LA guy. One of the big reasons why Peterson was never really a legit candidate for USC 2 years ago

Its not for everyone

If these USC fans don't stop clamoring for Les Miles...

come on, Trojan fans are not the brightest bunch of fans in college football. They see name, see success at LSU, and see a great candidate. Its a 1+2=3 fan base. Don't forget, 80% of them were thrilled with the Helton hiring. Its the kind of fan base where those in power can't do no wrong. In USC they trust

But from what i've heard, its really gaining steam. A lot of people who love the idea of Miles coming to LA love the fact that he'll bring a great group of assistants with him.

And to be honest, what other options are out there. I'm not a fan of Miles, but man, i can't think of anyone else I'd like, knowing Herman is all but a lock to LSU. Chip Kelly is my 2nd choice (hell, he's actually my first choice over Herman) but SF ain't firing him after 1 year.

Herman is very much so not a lock to LSU right now. People assume he is, and LSU will definitely try hard, but as of right now everything is pointing to him either staying in Houston this year or looking at 1-2 other possible openings.

But yes apparently SC boosters are jumping up and down for Miles. Eww.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom