OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 David Barron ‏@dfbarron  11m11 minutes ago
Now playing in Big 12 media room on Muzak: "Let's Stay Together." And, no, I am not making this up.
roll.gif

Weren't they all supposed to go to the Pac 10 initially when the first expansion came up? Texas really holds the keys to everything, once they bolt the rest will dissolve. 

I'll be completely wrong, but my guesses:

KU- Big 10

OK and Okie St- Pac 12

Texas- Acc

But seriously I think the worst thing the Big 12 could've done was put their fate entirely into the networks. When espn decided they didn't want to pay big money into the Big East they just pulled the plug and killed the conference altogether.

This is the same thing. The Big 12 is only in existence today because of ESPN & the Longhorn Network network.

The big 12 made their own bed by running schools off.

Overall point being the conference will last as long as ESPN wants it to.

I know this is the CFB thread, but how does college hoops factor into all of this? As weak as they may be in FB, the Big XII is typically a pretty strong basketball conference.

I know this is the CFB thread, but how does college hoops factor into all of this? As weak as they may be in FB, the Big XII is typically a pretty strong basketball conference.
Most CBB programs don't generate nearly as much revenue as CFB does, so outside of maybe Kansas and Iowa St I'm not sure there would be much consideration given as to how that would work. It seems like a natural fit for Kansas to go to the Big 10 though if that isn't the case. 

If KU doesn't get its act together soon football wise we could be on the outside looking in when the Big 12 explodes. I will have to double check this but I also seem to remember that the state of KS requires that KU and KSU stick together...

I really don't get Texas/Oklahoma's goal with holding the B12 by the balls? They know that they're going to eventually leave, are they just trying to maximize contract $ while making sure that the conference is dead when they decide to bounce? Being proactive seems like it would've been the best move. 

Texas would probably be best off going independent. They already have their own network. Going independent would allow them to schedule nationally and further expand their brand

would love to have Texas over here in the pac12.

Couldnt they go indy and be just fine?
They'd have to find a another conference for their Olympic sports.  There's no guarantee that a Big XII is still going to be around after they split.  If LHN was actually a success something like that would probably be feasible, but it's not. 
OU and Okst are basically going to have to be a package deal if they leave right?
Politically maybe, but I don't think there is anything legally binding that the two have to be together.  The same goes for KU and KSU. 
They will when the ACC Network launches. Some think that the money generated from the network will finally push their football team to join the conference.
They are already getting a cut though by being a partial member aren't they?

The big money boosters are never going to let it happen.  ND was basically on the alter with the B1G in the late 90's and the boosters threw a huge **** fit.  I doubt their attitudes have changed since. 

Back
Top Bottom