OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem is what team is going to go from Pass happy to I formation. That's a hard sell to recruits ESPECIALLY for lesser teams like Houston or TTech.

Remember, they have lived this life with Mike Leech before.
Tech got what they wanted, the hometown hereo alum, glorified Offensove coordinator as the head coach. *shrugs*

At least Gundy was smart enough to try and get someone to help him on defense.

Last edited:
I hope Les doesn't go to Notre Dame... Then I can't really hate watch them. What about Les Miles to Texas?

The Big 12 has a press conference tomorrow at 5:30.  What do you think they will announce?  

The Big 12 has a press conference tomorrow at 5:30.  What do you think they will announce?  

I was reading the other day that there are rumors that ESPN and fox were trying to persuade (bribe) the current members to vote against expansion because they would have to pay an additional $20million per season, per additional team. So if they added 4 teams, then they'd have to pay the big 12, $80 mil extra each year. I'm not sure how true that is, but it is juicy.

I was reading the other day that there are rumors that ESPN and fox were trying to persuade (bribe) the current members to vote against expansion because they would have to pay an additional $20million per season, per additional team. So if they added 4 teams, then they'd have to pay the big 12, $80 mil extra each year. I'm not sure how true that is, but it is juicy.
BYU is televising the press conference.  If I had a guess BYU and Cinci would be the two they would add, but I just don't think that does anything for the conference or to appease Oklahoma/Texas.    

@Bobby Layne so, in regards to our Washington Huskies discussion earlier in the week, I just realized Stanford and FCS Idaho are the only teams with winning records that Washington have played this year.
Idaho isn't in the FCS yet, but I get your point. 

Look, am I convinced that UW is one of the top 4 teams in the country?  No, but I'm also not totally convinced either that they are going to slip up between now and selection Sunday, which it seems like you are. 

Outside of Zona (who has since been a mash unit) they have beaten sub-par comp the way they should have.  As long as they continue doing that, they should be in, regardless of whether the loser of tOSU-Michigan is objectively a better team, if that seems to be the case by then. 
Don't see Les dealing with all of ND's politics & academic policies
Which is why a guy like PJ Fleck wouldn't work there either.  They should hire Mullen, and give him enough money for a staff to get a guy like Strong to be his DC. 
Les gonna end up like Frank Solich. Coaching a MAC school for the rest of his life.

He made the mistake of not jumping ship when Michigan wanted him.

Might even have difficulty landing a top 35 Job.
Les's ceiling is something like UK, MSST, or BC.  

That they are not expanding 
laugh.gif

Seems like a forgone conclusion at this point, no?

Les would be a terrible fit at Purdue. 

That school is notoriously cheap when it comes to athletics, and has one of the worst recruiting footprints in the conference.  He's not going to be able to get the guys he needs to play the way he wants to at the LOS. 

They should hire someone like Jeff Brohm who is going to throw the ball around, and knows how to operate and compete with limited resources. 

THE TIGERS LAST 5 GAMES

OLE MISS
ALABAMA
ARKANSAS
FLORIDA
TEXAS A&M

:wow:

orgeron manages 4-1 he byke?

Last edited:
 Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken  18h18 hours ago
Pretty much every assistant at Ohio State and some at Michigan are likely to be candidates for Purdue, I’m told.

If there’s anything that SEC schools should have learned the last decade, it’s that Saban’s greatness does not transfer by osmosis to his staff members. Until they actually occupy the head coach’s chair, each of them is a roll of the dice.

Georgia was not only willing to make that gamble, it did so aggressively and with great enthusiasm despite the reality that more experienced coaches were quite intrigued by the potential of the Georgia job. Georgia didn’t even so much as bother to pick up the phone and call Houston’s Tom Herman, for instance, even though his representatives had made it abundantly clear that there was interest.

But Georgia only had eyes for Smart, and now halfway into the season fans are wondering whether the Bulldogs have really made a change for the better. Because it's not just that Georgia is 4-3, it’s that Georgia is a bad 4-3 with a home loss to Vanderbilt already on Smart’s ledger.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport.../misery-index-week-7-anguish-athens/92204042/

They didn't even look at this angle. :lol: They only looked to see if his feet were down. Smh.

Purdue is a loser job. Hope everyone at Michigan realizes that.
Meyer is going to "Everett Withers" Tim Beck there 
laugh.gif

Honestly that wouldn't be a bad place for Brian Kelly to end up if he does get canned.  I can't see his ego being able to coexist somewhere else as a OC. 

They're all kinda bad games... So who cares. :lol:

Very Big XII lately to have their best game early in the morning... 

It's not about Big XII vs everybody else. It's about Big XII games vs each other. It's not hard to say OSU WVU is still a better game than OU Kansas.

Back
Top Bottom