OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

Barry Switzer says it was a mistake to let TCU into the Big 12, cuz it made it harder for OU. He also says they should vote to keep Houston out so they can plunder the city of Houston's recruits, instead of risking UH rising to legitimacy.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/6/13188962/houston-big-12-expansion/in/2257972
They weren't ever gonna let Houston in...
laugh.gif

What does adding Houston do? Doesn't add TVs. Doesn't add a new market. Doesn't expand the Big XII's footprint. All it does is water down the conference even more, and adds another mouth to feed from the recruiting base.

Chip Brown says they're not going to expand... Which means they'll probably announce they're adding Cincinnati and BYU at 5:30.

Last edited:
They weren't ever gonna let Houston in... :lol:

What does adding Houston do? Doesn't add TVs. Doesn't add a new market. Doesn't expand the Big XII's footprint. All it does is water down the conference even more, and adds another mouth to feed from the recruiting base.

Chip Brown says they're not going to expand... Which means they'll probably announce they're adding Cincinnati and BYU at 5:30.

UH doesn't add a new market, but it would help TV ratings in the market.

The Fox TV people basically said they aren't ponying up money to pay schools that would possibly be added. Don't blame them at all.

The Fox TV people basically said they aren't ponying up money to pay schools that would possibly be added. Don't blame them at all.

And the Big 12 is going to continue to sit on their hands until the conference collapses. It doesn't make much sense.

But seriously I think the worst thing the Big 12 could've done was put their fate entirely into the networks. When espn decided they didn't want to pay big money into the Big East they just pulled the plug and killed the conference altogether.

This is the same thing. The Big 12 is only in existence today because of ESPN & the Longhorn Network network.

But seriously I think the worst thing the Big 12 could've done was put their fate entirely into the networks. When espn decided they didn't want to pay big money into the Big East they just pulled the plug and killed the conference altogether.

This is the same thing. The Big 12 is only in existence today because of ESPN & the Longhorn Network network.

The big 12 made their own bed by running schools off.

What are there any drawbacks to them not expanding? Whats the big deal with them only having 10 teams? I guess I don't see the point of adding teams, especially a team like cinci.

What are there any drawbacks to them not expanding? Whats the big deal with them only having 10 teams? I guess I don't see the point of adding teams, especially a team like cinci.

The TV networks have to pay the conference more money if additional schools are added. Fox said they aren't paying for said teams, so it was over at that point :lol:

Jeff Jacobs ‏@jacobscourant  37m37 minutes ago
Big 12 boss Bob Bowlsby called UConn president Susan Herbst.."The word  tabling was not used.They are not expanding." Benedict said.

Will be interested to see what happens from here... The Big XII is dying, slowly and publicly.

Networks refused to pay more because there's nobody available for expansion that moves the needle.

The conference is going to dissolve sooner than later. Curious to see where everyone ultimately ends up.

Fox refusing to pay now with hopes Texas ends up in the Pac?

Back
Top Bottom