OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bruce Feldman [emoji]10004[/emoji] @BruceFeldmanCFB
BREAKING #CU defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt is going to #Oregon as the Ducks new DC gets a 4-year deal, source tells @FoxSports.

Cot damn... dark day for the buffs. I'm really sad to see him go. I'm more sad that he is leaving than if coach mac left.

Stay and not get paid?

For what? For who?
I don't know that he's a guaranteed 1st round pick and he's one of those dudes that just loves being in college (see Leinart.) He's stated he wants to graduate and wants to be part of the team "when" SC is good, so I can see him sticking around. Barring injury, an additional year won't hurt him, but if his route running and a few small things improve he could solidify himself as a day 1 selection.

That said, he's legitimately been hurt his entire 3 years at SC. He played through a broken hand a lot of last season, and this year alone played against Washington and UCLA with a hip flexor, a wrist injury, a sprained toe, a partially subluxated shoulder, and a sprained ankle. He's tough as hell, but I agree if you're gonna be hurt like that year-round, go get paid for it.

I think though, if college football is what he loves more than anything as he's stated, he should stay, get those memories, then go get guap. Sua Cravens has said in hindsight he kinda wishes he came back this year and there's a few other recent SC teammates who have said the same.

"We'll prepare you more for the NFL by giving you more snaps at a position that you will not play in the NFL."
It's not about preparing him for the NFL. More so Adoree has said he wants the Heisman, and has been asking to be on the field for 19+ snaps a game on offense and considerable touches and the coaches are appeasing him.

I don't know if he works on offense as a high volume downs player more so than he does an "oh ****, is that Adoree motioning out wide?"

It's going to be interesting against PSU what happens if they've got him out there taking end arounds and catching screens, while punt and kick returning, and then still having to chase dudes down field on all those deep bombs Franklin likes to call.

Stay and not get paid?

For what? For who?

I don't know that he's a guaranteed 1st round pick and he's one of those dudes that just loves being in college (see Leinart.) He's stated he wants to graduate and wants to be part of the team "when" SC is good, so I can see him sticking around. Barring injury, an additional year won't hurt him, but if his route running and a few small things improve he could solidify himself as a day 1 selection.

That said, he's legitimately been hurt his entire 3 years at SC. He played through a broken hand a lot of last season, and this year alone played against Washington and UCLA with a hip flexor, a wrist injury, a sprained toe, a partially subluxated shoulder, and a sprained ankle. He's tough as hell, but I agree if you're gonna be hurt like that year-round, go get paid for it.

I think though, if college football is what he loves more than anything as he's stated, he should stay, get those memories, then go get guap. Sua Cravens has said in hindsight he kinda wishes he came back this year and there's a few other recent SC teammates who have said the same.

Ricky Watters has taught our generation nothing. :smh:

Rule #1: get the money first
Rule #2: don't forget to get the money

Juju and Adoree need to get those checks. Don't be stupid. Neither will improve their draft stock.

Juju is a mid to late first rounder. He will never be a top 10 pick.

Come back because you want to improve not because you think college is cool.

Great hire by the Ducks. I see you Willie.

It's a joke man, lol
frown.gif

Why can't you just let me get my takes off

Last edited:
"With most of the national attention on the midterm signings at Auburn and Alabama, it was easy to overlook Arkansas' big Wednesday. After already signing the No. 1 junior-college tight end Jeremy Patton of Arizona Western College and the sixth-ranked receiver Jonathan Nance of Mississippi Gulf Coast, the Razorbacks landed one of Wednesday's biggest prizes in receiver Brandon Martin. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Martin out of Mississippi Gulf Coast is the second-ranked juco player in the country and picked Arkansas Wednesday afternoon over finalists LSU, Mississippi State and Auburn. The additions, especially Martin and Nance, give the Arkansas offense some much-needed firepower at the skill positions and even better news is that they will all be on campus for spring practices."

Was Willie on Leavitts staff at USF?

No. Willie is basically the 3rd harbaugh brother, in all seriousness.

Btw, we can be mad at Harbaugh's stance on the kneel/stand anthem thing but he's given 3 good to excellent black college football coaches their start

That says more than "an opinion" on kaepernik

Was Willie on Leavitts staff at USF?

Btw, we can be mad at Harbaugh's stance on the kneel/stand anthem thing but he's given 3 good to excellent black college football coaches their start

I agree with that.

Still, good people can say/do/think dumb **** and I don't see a problem with them being fairly held to task on that.

I like Joe Biden a lot. I think at heart. I think he's a good person with honest, good, progressive intentions, but his and Bill Clinton's 1994 crime bill was still a horrible horrible racist move on his part. I don't think they're racists, but they said and did some racist **** and it's fair to hold them to that as part of their legacy.

To his credit, Harbaugh acknowledged his mistake and apologized.

-------------------------------------

Side note, but I hadn't even thought of this til I think Dan Wolken pointed it out: Charlie Strong is a black head coach that fizzled out at a major job and then was immediately rehired at another pretty good job. It's a good thing to see. Granted, it's not a Power 5, but still. So rarely do we see Black coaches get decent jobs immediately after a firing anywhere in the college level so it's a small step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Harbaugh like Dumbo should really educate themselves on issues before speaking but I will give Harbaugh some credit on the coach thing (those coaches are really good on their own) but his "apology" was probably more about croots than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom