OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kenyatta I & Murf have ( or had ) the UGA message boards & crootin fans in a tizzy lol

I understand why UGA didn't offer his son immediately & i also understand why FSU did. Doesn't hurt that KW I & II are originally from Florida either.

Gators are all in on Fields. Unless he gives them some indication that their time will be better spent elsewhere I doubt they ease up. They've allocated a lot to his recruitment just to back off now
He's been pitching these kids to UGA since they were in middle school, bringing them to campus all the time. He's the one that started UGA's 1st ever "Freshman Day" camp and I'm sure you know about True19 & 20. Richt dropped the ball there refusing to get ahead of the recruiting curve and offer younger guys. That's why we were never in it for Pappoe til we got Kirby. Kirby wasn't as familiar with KW and as a 1st year coach he couldn't go for the 'shenanigans'. Fans were mad because KW and Murf were constantly bashing UGA after his son committed to FSU.

Yea KW is from Florida, but he's a huge Miami fan...Richt really goof'd 
mean.gif
.​

Murf Baldwin knows his Xs & Os but meh....

Fields has everyone guessing.

Gerard Martinez (big SC recruiting insider) says a lot of former players and coaches have been calling him to throw shade at Corrall. Apparently it blindsided the current staff and was completely a one sided decision. I wonder if there's more to it than just he had a dope trip to Athens.
Kid visited Athens on his own dime several times, that's not a cheap trip. USC should've known better but I'm not so sure anymore we get Corral until I know what Fields does
nerd.gif

What's weird is he transferred to LB Poly, a USC pipeline school, with a bunch of kids from Hawkins another pipeline. Gerard Martinez is saying it's his understanding that Corrall isn't even going to consider USC anymore going forward.

The UGA thing concerned fans when he took the first unofficial because it seemed so random. People are speculating his friendship with Trevor Lawrence and recent camping with Jacob Eason is what's pushing him over there.

Maybe he just wants to get off the west coast.

Last edited:

He's been pitching these kids to UGA since they were in middle school, bringing them to campus all the time. He's the one that started UGA's 1st ever "Freshman Day" camp and I'm sure you know about True19 & 20. Richt dropped the ball there refusing to get ahead of the recruiting curve and offer younger guys. That's why we were never in it for Pappoe til we got Kirby. Kirby wasn't as familiar with KW and as a 1st year coach he couldn't go for the 'shenanigans'. Fans were mad because KW and Murf were constantly bashing UGA after his son committed to FSU.

Yea KW is from Florida, but he's a huge Miami fan...Richt really goof'd :smh: .​

Richt was the coach for UGA when those kids were frosh and 8th graders :lol:. You blaming UGA's new staff not landing those guys on Richt.

And I'm pretty sure that he evaluated Watson at Miami and he just didn't get an offer. I think he visited previously.

Richt has been offering 8th graders in Miami, so that isn't the case with his approach to recruiting there.

UGA fans really blaming Richt for everything, man.

*EDIT*

Oh... so the story from 247 and Scout is Corrall had another off the field incident. SC called him about it Friday and he felt attacked over it and it turned into a fight with the coaches. After a discussion both sides decided to part ways. It sounds like things escalated quickly and took SC coaches by surprise and upset Corrall.

No specifics yet on what exactly the incident was. 247 said it was something at a QB camp but I haven't read that anywhere else.

Last edited:

Yea KW is from Florida, but he's a huge Miami fan...Richt really goof'd 
mean.gif
.​

Richt was the coach for UGA when those kids were frosh and 8th graders
laugh.gif
. You blaming UGA's new staff not landing those guys on Richt.

And I'm pretty sure that he evaluated Watson at Miami and he just didn't get an offer. I think he visited previously.

Richt has been offering 8th graders in Miami, so that isn't the case with his approach to recruiting there.

UGA fans really blaming Richt for everything, man
Triggered.

I'll break it down since reading comprehension is a challenge for you.

These kids have been playing together on Georgia All-Star teams coached by Kenyatta since 6th grade.

KW took these kids to UGA every chance he got, they were always on campus.

KW has been preaching that the '18-'19 class of GA kids will bring a Title to Athens if they play together and they all believe him.

They're as tight a class as you'll ever see from a state.

They all wanted to play together and rep the home team because that's what Kenyatta pushed.

Richt wouldn't offer them because they were too young at the time (you just proved he learned from this mistake, no one was really offering 8th graders then)

By the time they were 9th-10th graders, Richt was offering more Nat'l recruits than in-state.

The Georgia kids took notice and started to look around, thanks to guidance from Kenyatta Watson.

By the time Kirby arrived, they all were on the fence but still very interested in sticking to 'the plan'.

KW hosts True19 game that put Top GA kids vs Top Texas kids and afterwards took them all to UGA. UGA/Kirby offered the Texas kids that day and waited to offer the GA kids.

Georgia kids now offended.

Kirby brought in 7 top DB's last year so he didn't offer KW's son (whom didn't start at Grayson HS)

Kenyatta's son ends up at FSU...

Georgia kids look harder at FSU and of course they want to be around the guy that's been a father figure to them since 6th grade and is the reason they have offers.

I said "Richt really goof'd" because had he been on these guys early like he should've when he was at UGA instead of being in a "CEO role", those kids would've fell in his lap at Miami instead of leaning toward FSU/Clemson

Last edited:
No trigger, just correcting inaccuracies. 

Well clearly this is another case of Richt learning from his mistakes. He'll take elite OOS kids, but the focus at Miami is on SFla kids in the most talent rich area in the country. Watson just isn't getting an offer this early in the process with the elite DB talent that's been pumped out of SFla on a yearly basis.

Let's see if those kids all stick together and go to FSU. 2019 is miles away. If Kirby can put together a great season, I find it hard to believe that those kids don't give UGA a much stronger look anyways. Sounds like Pappoe is trending for Clemson now anyways. 

Long story short, I don't believe that the helicopter dad for a 3 star safety is going to carry out this grand plan in the long term if your staff take cares of it's business. Keeping elite OOS kids committed for 2 years is extremely difficult, especially in SEC country. Way too early in those recruitments to worry about anything, IMO.

Last edited:
Signed 4 last year. Got 2 already with another committing next month, and probably going to end up with a 4th. Y'all really the hurt ex that's still keeping tabs on her man :lol:

If I was keeping tabs, I'd know how many lineman ya'll have committed/signed. YOU really the new girl that subs the ex and talks about your imaginary haters, girl bye.

Last edited:
Good riddance to Corrall.

The more I read about it, it's a pretty sad story. Rivals said on their podcast today that he was basically dropped and specifically by Helton follow a conversation - a la EJ Price. They said LB Poly coaches are saying it was one sided and a series of things not just one or two incidents. That no one wanted this result. Also that other D1 teams had raised concerns. I'm curious what it could have been that was the last straw.

SC reached out to D-T-R and he said "if they want to talk I have to listen." Also offered Tuttle and called Jacob Sirmon.

I don't think I've posted this much about a HS recruit since Rosen.

I think it's pretty damn cool that Cam is actually out there coaching and calling plays & **** for his 7 on team. His kids will probably never forget it.

Kid is gonna get so many subs and views on his channel now that he decided to keep making videos and make the NCAA look like the idiots they are if they decide to say he can't play anymore

Back
Top Bottom