OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stew Mandel got laid off 

Was never a big fan of his writing but The Audible was one of the better National CFB pods out there.  Probably #1 or 2 for me after PAPN. 

Huge year for Rich Rod. They need to win. Does he survive without going .500?

Could see Lane swoop in with some good talent available.
Even getting to 4 W's is going to be a struggle with that schedule, i'd keep him as long as they show improvement this season.  Dude should have never dropped Casteel  
mean.gif

Lane seems to be persona non grata in the AD community right now, might take him a while at FAU to sniff another P5 job. 
JT is filthy man. And he's about to be a junior. All the bags need to be used.

Michigan makes me nervous. Something about him and Harbaugh look right
I like the Johnson Jr. kid better for Michigan in 2019, and he should be in the fold as soon as they hire his father next January 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

The development of the youngest McCaffrey bro could be something to watch out for as well, but ultimately I'm thinking he's probably a WR or DB there if he decides to join his brother. 
I could not disagree more. I hated that 3-3-5 defense, and you can't allow the number of yds/pts that he did over a few seasons and keep your job. I wasn't expecting Bama numbers from our unit, but to be perennial bottom of the conference defensively was unacceptable.

As far as Rich Rod, I think a 5-6 win season is enough to keep his job for another season. Nobody here is expecting anything from the team this year, which will help RR fly under the hot seat locally for awhile 
S&P+ rankings

2012: #69

2013: #38

2014: #49

2015: #112

Outside of a Scooby less injury plagued 2015, Casteel had a decent run at Zona.  You can't use traditional stats to evaluate a D that has see the # of plays and possessions that a team like Zona has to face because of their offense. 

Unlike on O, rarely are defensive schemes themselves able to cover up talent deficiencies.  You need "Jims and Joes" on D much more than on O, but because of the rarity of the scheme, the 3-3-5 can give a D the same schematic advantage that triple-option or V&S teams have.  Outside of Rasul Douglas and Kyzir White, WVU didn't field too many play makers on D last season but still fielded a top 40 D thanks in large part to the 3-3-5.  It gets a bad rap. 

I liked the Yates hire but the D only moderately improved last season, and given Casteel's track record, Zona's D would have eventually bounced back IMO.  Yates is more of a question mark in the short term. 

Last edited:
Amon Ra is more likely to end up at third place SC over Daniels

:lol: he already told the coaches he wanted to commit. Look at his Twitter.

Maybe he does commit to Stan this summer - I mean crootin' - but you're wrong about his leanings as of 24 hours ago.

Last edited:
What is the rest of the thread's thoughts on the Andre Hunt in the above USC camp video and highlights video? New recruit that Tee brought in. SC fans seem 25/75 on wanting him or not but he looks to get ridiculous separation and YAC to me and has pretty big upside considering he's barely gotten any training.

EDIT

nvm the scout vid won't embed on NT

Link: http://usc.scout.com/story/1786438-usc-elite-camp-offensive-skill-highlights

Last edited:
I wonder if everyone will say Fox Sports is struggling because of their conservative bias considering all the twitter ranting people do about ESPN losing subscribers due to their being liberal propagandists.

Last edited:
Stanford get ten fold national championship conversation trophies with that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom