OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can one of you guys please tell me the point of running read option with kaaya? I know there's RPOs involved but you can only use stuff like.so much. It feels like every running play is a read option and kayaa tries to act like he's gonna keep it. He's obviously no threat At all to take off with it.

Outside of the FSU game I haven't watched any of Miami's games this season, but you don't have to run the zone read to use RPOs. 

It seemed like most of Bama's RPOs last season were just built off of regular inside zone. 

Outside of the FSU game I haven't watched any of Miami's games this season, but you don't have to run the zone read to use RPOs. 

It seemed like most of Bama's RPOs last season were just built off of regular inside zone. 
Pretty much every run is a read option. All it does is delay the play and gives the defense time to fill up haps cause they know kayaa isn't taking it. We throw in a little bit of power some times but it isn't nearly enough.

Last edited:
Huh? There's no read option and Kaaya isn't threatening to run. He's either hitting the receivers or giving the ball to the back.

The past two weeks has showed me that so many Miami fans have not the slightest clue what a RPO is. Running zone reads with Kaaya :lol:

Last edited:
Bama is gonna be the way that this whole RPO/Ol Downfield mess gets regulated eventually.

It's one thing when lesser caliber athletes are doing it & getting an advantage from it

But when you get 32 5* players doing it then the rules committee will start to look towards 'evening the playing field'

That lineman downfield **** is such horse ****.
They absolutely have to change that.
I think college may have to do away with clock stoppage after 1st downs also. HURRY UP Offenses running like 100 plays a game plus this RPO ... getting young men killed man.

That was all on Tee. He ended up being dead set on wanting to leave the state.
That hoirt!
Gonnahurt as bad as Jalen Ramsey did. Tee is that good smh

We'all try and make it up by flipping DJ Matthews tho

Last edited:
Huh? There's no read option and Kaaya isn't threatening to run. He's either hitting the receivers or giving the ball to the back.
He definitely is. He's took off plenty of times faking the notion that they I might have kept this ball. And he definitely holds it in the rbs belly for a second or to try and set something up. And it's not just once or twice it's a multiple thing.

There's a difference between Zone read and power .

The zone read is predicated on the outside free defensive man.

The power is blocked different and just a hand off with QB carrying out fakes

There's a difference between Zone read and power .

The zone read is predicated on the outside free defensive man.

The power is blocked different and just a hand off with QB carrying out fakes

There's basically no point in kaaya carrying out a fake tho which is my point. Why have him carry out a fake the outside like he's actually gonna keep it? :lol:

All the ranked vs ranked matchups are in the SEC West this week, had no idea Auburn was ranked now.

Nothing like getting back into town and after missing 3 games & laughing at Miami message boards 
laugh.gif

And now Chad and Demetrius are both doubtful going into Thursdaym hopefully Willis is back this week.

Word is Alvin Kamara is out for the rest of the year due to the late hit to the knee he received on the sideline in the Bama game . SMH

Kirkland
Reeves-Maybin
Sutton
McKenzie
A Johnson
McDowell
Foreman
Wiesman
Sapp
M. McDaniel
A Smith
Blakely
L Williams
Kamara.

Geeeeeezus man. 14 guys who were all 1s or 2s on depth chart.
SMH what the hell going on in the S&C program?

Last edited:

Even though the Big 12 announced its decision not to expand was unanimous, sources told ESPN on Tuesday there were schools that ultimately agreed to go along with the plan when it became obvious the conference would not reach the supermajority to expand.

In a 714-word league memo covering the league's talking points, obtained by ESPN, the first two items instructed officials to "Indicate the Board arrived at a "Unanimous Consensus" and "The Board was unanimous in its desire and commitment to stay at 10 members."

The internal Big 12 memo also suggested conference officials not "indicate that TV influenced [its] decision" and that the Big 12 was not "psychologically disadvantaged" because it didn't expand.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ted-decision-decline-expansion-earlier-divide

Back
Top Bottom