Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

That argument again doesn't work considering the Knicks arent in salary cap hell anymore. There literally isn't anything holding KP back from becoming a superstar. The Knicks even traded for his best friend who also has the potential to be a good player alongside KP for some years. If you don't like Melo, Rose, Jennings, etc that's cool but don't push the lame "their keeping him from developing" narrative cause it's just simply not true. You've replaced Jeremy Lin with KP that's why nobody takes you serious. You felt Melo should've been relegated to Steve Novak with a headband and Jeremy Lin into the franchise cornerstone. I would actually respect you if you just said you hate the guy instead of wasting your time with so many worthless arguments. You seem torn on between being a Nets fan, Lin fan, KP fan, Timberwolves fan, etc. I think you should just be chief operating officer of the hate Melo coalition. That role would fit your skillset to a T no doubt in my mind your flourish. Just please for the sake of me and the rest of the regular posters in this thread just please do us a favor and stop masquerading as a Knicks fan.

world be fallin outchea reppin his own posts to get the upper-hand in the argument that nobody is reading more than 50% of 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
My last post:

I actually like Melo.

I just wish he was smart enough to leave the organization and go somewhere he could contend in his twilight cause it isn't going to be here. I don't think the Melo is a loser narrative is correct and think he has played with pretty much nobody here for 5 years now. I want to see him in deep in the playoffs.

I never said that about Lin. I could care less about Lin. All I simply just said he was a better PG imo at this point in their career than D.Rose.

But its whatever, I'm done for the day.

Go Knicks.

Tanking, getting lottery draft picks and waiting for players to develop isn't always fool proof as AMP is conveying it out to be. Like someone mentioned, the Warriors got VERY lucky with their picks. No on expected Curry, Klay and Draymond to be who they are now. If they did, they would've all been lottery picks.

Monta Ellis was never the PG on the Warriors when Steph was drafted. Monta played SG and they didn't play together for an extended period of time. I think Curry was injured for most of the time Monta was around.

Does KP need more exposure? Yes, I believe he does. Can our coaching staff do more to address that issue by putting him in situations where he can get the ball or at least be a threat to get the ball? Yes, again. Is Melo and Rose at fault? No, they're not. Sometimes you need guys like Melo, Rose and Noah to show KP the ropes, before he can go out and do it on his own.

But that's not what my main concern is. IDK about you guys, but KP is way too passive for my liking and doesn't show that killer mentality or at least that hard nose for the game. He seems like he's just playing just to play. No scowling, no **** talk, no starring down guys, no emotion really. I'd like to see some demand for attention. I know not every great player drew attention through their behavior on the court. Duncan is a great example of this. But he demanded the ball and let his game scowl for him. KP needs to do more of this.

Or we can just throw him in Dyckman for a few months, give him some Dominican ***** and find other ways to motivate him.

Last edited:
i'm gonna get blasted for this, but i think KP will always be a 1B and just doesn't have it in him to be a 1A. like Hank said, he lacks that killer instinct that Kobe, Russ, or even Melo have. there isn't much emotion in his game and he's never shown that tenacity. now that can be due to the cultural difference, maybe his respect for Melo, or maybe he just needs a bit more time to acclimate to the US game. as for NOW, i think he definitely has the ability to be the best player on the majority of the teams in the league, but lacks the mental capability at THIS point. on the flip side, you have KAT who is KILLING it and you can see it in his demeanor. he knows he's the best player on the team and is showing it. KP is in the same boat as Wiggins IMO. both have immense talent, but lack that fire. for all we know, phil feels the same way and brought in Noah to teach KP to play with more emotion.

We've played two playoff teams.
We're 1-1.

The sky is not falling.

View media item 2216075
NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks · 4h4 hours ago
.@carmeloanthony: "We want to stay consistent." #Knicks
View media item 2216076
Lessons from @PhilJackson11. #Knicks
View media item 2216077
Buckets. #Knicks
Carmelo Anthony
View media item 2216078
NEW YORK KNICKS Verified account  ‏@nyknicks · 4h4 hours ago
.@kporzee at the stripe. #Knicks
View media item 2216079

Jose Calderon - One game with 4 minutes, 0-1FG and a turnover

Aaron Afflalo - 30.7 minutes, .318 FG%, 1 assist, 2.3 boards, 6.7 pts

Langston Galloway - 14.7 minutes, .227FG% 1 assist, 2 boards, 3.7 pts

Jerian Grant - DNPs

Kp doesnt show emotion? Damn.

He has that natural swag IMO. He was yelling at everyone he caught putbacks on in the first two weeks of his NBA career and always showed great energy to me.

I dont know what ya expect... Hes not gonna scowl everytime down court like Westbrook.

But let him catch fire in a game a bust off 30+ i gaurantee he gon a be crowd starring... Yelling etc.

An example from the other night on the and 1 fastbreak... He didnt yell but he swag walked and starred at the crowd. Thats sufficient emotion for a play like that.

I love KPs game. I would like him to be put in more positions to score but i dont feel like hes passive really. I just think he respects his position on this team at the moment with the likes of a Melo and Rose.

His time will be here very soon.

Its just 2, TWO, II, [emoji]9996[/emoji] games! Relax

You can be an elite player without trash talking and staredowns, smh. KP is fine, he's developing and he has teamates where he doesn't have to put up AD shots. He def don't seem shy about shooting when he gets the ball. Looks to me like that's his first thought and if its a shot he's not really comfortable with he looks to get his teammate the ball with a better shot..

Some of y'all have awful memories. The very first pre-season game we had, DRose couldn't stop passing to KP. That's like the only person he passed the ball to. Now So sick of these hot takes. Go grab a snack or somethin. Go smoke somethin. Go chill out! It's 2 games in [emoji]128514[/emoji] Smh

Some of y'all have awful memories. The very first pre-season game we had, DRose couldn't stop passing to KP. That's like the only person he passed the ball to. Now So sick of these hot takes. Go grab a snack or somethin. Go smoke somethin. Go chill out! It's 2 games in [emoji]128514[/emoji] Smh

Idk why but this reminds me of one of those Jim Jones **** talking videos on the old smack's :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom