Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We got spanked so of course he did
**** sakes
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Oh it's definitely way too early. I'm not writing them off. They got time to figure things out, but who are they really though?

There were obvious issues from the outset and pertinent conflicts of philosophy that needed to be addressed. Lots of new pieces to the puzzle all trying to fit at once, awkward combinations and all. Better to be in wait & see mode than trying to boost these ******.

Jeff Hornacek said the Knicks didn't move the ball as well today as they did Friday and did a poor job moving off of the ball.
That + no communication on D or real effort to keep their man in front of them.

Last edited:
Melo being told by the crowd 'to pass the ball' was telling. With this team the ISO gotta be quick. Make a move and shoot or make the move to draw the d and pass. Got team mates now that can draw defenders as well as make passes.

Last edited:
Carmelo Anthony on the triangle offense, which the Knicks have barely run: "Were making adjustments offensively regardless of what we're running. At this point I'm getting tired of hearing about the triangle."

Team runs fluid when they play off kp .... during close games he could ISO until his arms fall off .... but when the team was passing and rose /Noah would set up plays it look like a fluid offense ..... defensively they need to do a lot of work

Was at the game. Lazy *** game by the Knicks. Once again, poor ball movement, poor defense. Knicks should have won this easily but they just let it slip. 

Free tickets with complimentary beer and grub tho. I can't complain.

The Knicks, Kings, Twolves and Sixers need to sit down and shuffle players between them because no matter what these 4 franchises do they just can't get it right.

Don't think it's fatigue because our offense has been fine.

Our communication has to get better. Rose/Lee got switched onto a big man way too often.

We have to stop switching on pick and rolls

Also why did dLance play 29 mins :stoneface:

I blame Hornacek for the lost and refs. Why did he play all the bench? so stupid :smh:

Carmelo Anthony on the triangle offense, which the Knicks have barely run: "Were making adjustments offensively regardless of what we're running. At this point I'm getting tired of hearing about the triangle."
It makes me laugh the way you guys and the media focus so hard on the triangle and they've barely ran it and the team still plays bad.

This whole the true gel is and offensive system of a past era is such a distraction and fallacy. Got ppl worried about the wrong ****.

You need good players to run any system.

We really should've won that game yesterday.

A lot of the brunt of that loss has to fall on Horny.

He wants the bench players to catch a feel but not at the expense of an L. Our starters still need to gel and develop an identity too.

He let the game get away from us in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom