Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

If we get off to a terrible start I'm down to tank.

Get a top 5 pick in a loaded class & give Porzingis a running mate for the future.

Knicks fans are so obtuse, tanking was absolutely the right move for this team.

You just got a franchise piece who is 20 years old, you try to surround him with guys who can support him for the next ten years, not build a contender from washed up guys now.

Trading Melo to a contender and tanking to get Markelle Fultz is the right thing to do but once again a move we'll never make because this franchise has dumb fans and incompetent leaders at every position.

Two lottery picks this year is better than being a fringe playoff team, which is what we indeed are. I see us as a 7th/8th seed most likely.

I was on board with the tank, but Melo's NTC complicated how effectively we can do that. Either way Kris is still young and developing him into a winner around good players that can take pressure off him and help him grow for the future while being more entertained and having an extremely likable team isn't a bad plan b.

Last edited:
Tanking has worked out so well for the sixers who have gotten lottery picks and still can't get it together. Hoping and praying for the next big thing is a fools errand. I am totally for building contending teams which we are this year, and depending on Walsh and his willingness to open up the bank we can continue to build strategically without flat out tanking.

Knicks fans are so obtuse, tanking was absolutely the right move for this team.

You just got a franchise piece who is 20 years old, you try to surround him with guys who can support him for the next ten years, not build a contender from washed up guys now.

Trading Melo to a contender and tanking to get Markelle Fultz is the right thing to do but once again a move we'll never make because this franchise has dumb fans and incompetent leaders at every position.

Two lottery picks this year is better than being a fringe playoff team, which is what we indeed are. I see us as a 7th/8th seed most likely.

View media item 2174672

Tanking has worked out so well for the sixers who have gotten lottery picks and still can't get it together. Hoping and praying for the next big thing is a fools errand. I am totally for building contending teams which we are this year, and depending on Walsh and his willingness to open up the bank we can continue to build strategically without flat out tanking.
Tanking has worked out well for the Sixers, they have good prospects at several positions. Its just a very time consuming progress but they drafted very well with their picks. Whoever doesn't fit their long term plan can be moved for other pieces. Whether we did or not I just wanted a good plan so whatever but tanking isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Tanking has worked out well for the Sixers, they have good prospects at several positions. Its just a very time consuming progress but they drafted very well with their picks. Whoever doesn't fit their long term plan can be moved for other pieces. Whether we did or not I just wanted a good plan so whatever but tanking isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I respect it, just can't go thru another stretch of losing seasons in the "rebuilding" process. Ending up like the current Nets squad. I brung up the sixers because while they have been getting high picks you just never know, Okafor is not flourishing as many thought he would (or maybe just the system), freak injuries like embiid who hasn't played in 2 years. The lottery is exactly what it sounds like, shaking the dice and wishing for the best.

I was on board with the tank, but Melo's NTC complicated how effectively we can do that. Either way Kris is still young and developing him into a winner around good players that can take pressure off him and help him grow for the future while being more entertained and having an extremely likable team isn't a bad plan b.

yea he would want to go to a contender which would only give us an additional late 1st round pick anyway.

And knowing our luck we could have the worst record and still not win the lottery

Last edited:
That picture will never not be funny :rofl: :rofl:

Dude really saw his life flash before his eyes on national television

Haven't all the modern NBA champs come by way of free agency? LA, Miami, Cleveland, 2017 Warriors (pending)?

Warriors and Spurs titles came from really precise maneuvering and a lot of luck.

Can't think of a team in my lifetime that has won a chip from tanking.

i can't take you seriously as a fan if you think we should tank. i also question your basketball knowledge for a variety of reasons.

1) melo isn't going to leave, so don't even start with these hypothetical trade scenarios. he's gonna retire a knick whether we like it or not.

2) KP NEEDS a 1a or 1b for his development. he is not the go to guy just yet. having someone like melo and even rose helps free up his offense bc he won't be the only offensive weapon we have. this is why you need two "stars" now, because it doesn't allow opposing defenses to double or shut out the "star".

3) rose's deal expires after this season, so if it doesn't work out we will have more than enough money to fill in the pieces.

4) tanking doesn't even work. look at the sixers. they've been "tanking" for years and still suck. they're banking on drafting a durant or westbrook, when all they've gotten is average to slightly above average talent. would you rather waste 3-5 years of KP's growth/development just losing? he seems like he wants to win, so what makes you think he'll stick around if all we do is finish in the bottom 5 for the next half a decade?

5) we actually have a team that might even be better on paper than the 12-13 roster. not to mention even if we do well, everyone isn't going to retire like kidd, sheed, camby, etc. did. phil actually did a good job to build a team that will at least be competitive. even if we are the 8th seed (at worst) keep building on it. some of you think it has to all happen in one season. this team hasn't had any real continuity since....i dont even remember when. im actually fine with the likes of lou and sasha coming back, bc again it brings continuity.

6) just chill out. some of you guys are so eager to hit the panic button. stop being typical knicks fans and embrace the process. one thing is for sure, we are a lot better off now than before phil signed on. you forget he turned jerian grant and CALDERON into drose. previous injury or not, that's still a lot of nothing for a former all-star. not to mention he still played better last season than any of our other PGs. the only iffy deal of the offseason was how much noah got, but then again 18mil was 12mil last offseason. i just wish the deal was shorter, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom