Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Still can't believe the officiating last night. It was so one sided and extremely blatant :smh: Tim Donaghy lives on

Watched the condensed version since i missed it last night. Even though I rarely ever blame the refs as most of the calls usually even out, but wow that was extremely blatant.

Last edited:
It's supremely frustrating as a player to go down on offense, and watch your guys get dug into defensively, thinking "ok thats how theyre calling today", then go down on the defensive end yourself, looking to be physical, and whistled for a foul.

I hate that officials cater to teams and players, i hate that there are "reputations as physical defensive teams". That was the brand of basketball celtics have been trying to build, you can even hear it in interviews postgame that thats the agenda theyre pushing. It's all just to get future refs to comply with their "brand of basketball".

Sucks, but we have to develop a winning mentality and learn to bypass the BS and win despite it all. HARD though when your rhythm is extinguished and you feel the other team is untouchable. What we could control is our TO's. A lot of them should have been called, a lot of them were our faults. Either way, 25+ TOs, while giving up 43 FTs will never result in nothing but a blow out.

Granted, I did feel like the Knicks pretty much mailed it in, on some "Uff it", mid way through the 3rd. I can't imagine what it feels like to be on the receiving end of an obviously mishandled officiated game. It reminded me of that playoff game vs Miami where Tyson "checked" LBJ, and that whole quarter was just BS call after BS call. Completely took us out our game, in a big moment, and we werent able to respond.

Good news is the guys had to hop on a flight right after, not much time to mope around other than plane talk, and we got business up in Tdot tonight.

Who knows which team shows up though. Just hoping for more stable bench rotations

What yall think about Marcus Smart's defense on KP? seems like KP can't seem to find himself against him. I'm putting it mostly on the fact that they let him maul KP in order to deny the ball. But at the same time, KP has to adjust.

The entry passes that KP gets from BJ or Rose are absolutely terrible. Its not hard to lob the ball to a 7'3 guy at all.

It's hard to throw a good entry pass inside when the defense is able to hand check and body you up on the perimeter with no call. Jennings tried to do the same to the Celtics guards but he got the quick whistle. They have to improve but last night was an absolute **** fest

Recreating the first ever game played in Toronto tonight

A game which we won 
nthat.gif

Noah's tendency to dribble the ball up the floor after a defensive rebound annoyed me as a Bull. And it annoys me as a Knick. Lol

Back
Top Bottom