Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

KP showing out for Dirk with that fade off the wrong foot.
laugh.gif
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sport...signature-shot-stares-him-down-060726084.html

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]
That's the correct foot tho

Derrick Rose is seeking to recoup $70,000 in court costs from the woman who accused Rose and two friends of rape in a civil trial last month. A jury rejected the woman's $21.5 million lawsuit, finding Rose and his two friends not liable.

The winner of a civil trial is allowed to ask the court to require the loser of the case to pay some court costs, which Rose's legal team requested in recent court documents.

"After a two-week jury trial, unanimous verdict and judgment in their favor on all nine claims, Mr. Rose, Mr. [Ryan] Allen, and Mr. [Randall] Hampton are unquestionably the prevailing party entitled to the tiny fraction of the actual expenses they necessarily incurred in defending themselves against Plaintiff's false claims against them," the request read.

Rose's legal team also revealed in the documents that the accuser plans to appeal the jury's ruling.

Rose's lawyers questioned the merit of the appeal and questioned the accuser's claims of financial hardship in court documents, noting that she is a home owner and owns a car.

Rose's legal team also said the accuser's claims are "false, incredulous and incredibly damaging accusations" in court documents obtained by ESPN and first reported by the sports legal website The White Bronco.

The woman originally sued Rose and his two friends for $21.5 million, alleging she was raped in August 2013.

A nine-person jury ruled in October that Rose and his two friends were not liable.

Rose missed more than two weeks of the preseason with the New York Knicks while attending the trial in Los Angeles.

Not like Phil has anything to live up to 3 years in; Layden, Thomas, Dolan were all failures too given way more time to do it.

I also like the whole gave away Tyson and Shump for nothing like they worth **** by the time Phil was in charge. Might as well add Baths to the list as well.

Last edited:
Not like Phil has anything to live up to 3 years in; Layden, Thomas, Dolan were all failures too given way more time to do it.

I also like the whole gave away Tyson and Shump for nothing like they worth **** by the time Phil was in charge. Might as well add Baths to the list as well.

Difference here is that Phil is considered one of the greatest coaches of all time so his legacy takes a potential hit with the failures here. 53-121 of whatever the record is is terrible no matter how you slice it.

Difference here is that Phil is considered one of the greatest coaches of all time so his legacy takes a potential hit with the failures here. 53-121 of whatever the record is is terrible no matter how you slice it.
The vid seems spurred on by his comments in the interview more than anything.

I get what you're saying though. It's comparing what he's done so far to his history/legacy and then comparing what he's done to the Knicks history and those who held the job before him.

To me, Phil would have to continue to fail for another 5-7 years to damage his legacy. This doesn't hurt his status as an all time great coach. Thing is to me that's irrelevant. He wants to do the job, give him the chance to let him do it his way and see if he gets it right or ***** it up. Knicks don't have anything to lose either way. Fans might fool themselves but there isn't some GM or President of operations waiting in the wings to save the day.

As far as talking ****, Phil would be doing that if he had this job or not. It's his nature.

Back
Top Bottom