Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

None of this **** Harden doing matters if Golden State runs them off the court again in the playoffs. :lol:

Melo cannot elevate. He needs to stop going so deep in the paint and stop trying to finish over 4s and 5s.

Melo cannot elevate. He needs to stop going so deep in the paint and stop trying to finish over 4s and 5s.

Thought he would incorporate a short pull up jumper at this point. It's over for him driving to the cup considering the fact he has zero lift and gets zero calls

Who else thinks harden might win mvp this yr?

4db037a2_tumblr_md9g54yQc91qfp9jb.gif

Team chemistry is sorely lacking but it's expected coming off right from training camp.

Porzingis played good. That crossover step back was mad nice. 3s foverer!

Drose did well to attacking the basket and running the offense.

Merlo had an off game. Not worried. He'll be fine along with the rest of the team as soon as they get familiar w each other.

-I could already tell that Rose with no knees is >>> Caldo. Still quick AF :wow:
-KP improved
-team def missed Noah today
-BJ is gonna be a headache at times until he learns to play with some composure
-willy can not guard the PnR at all, def needs more experience

First pre-season game and y'all already in mid season form.

The change of emotions in here during the game is always priceless.

Team chemistry is sorely lacking but it's expected coming off right from training camp.
That was an issue I brought up around the time we finished signing FA's. This pre-season demo doesn't really concern me. Of course I would have liked to been on the other end of a blowout but it doesn't mean Houston is ready for the WCFs either...KP looked good doe :smokin

Man the roller coaster of emotions was crazy reading these past couple of pages. First, Harden and them boys looked mid-season ready and the Knicks looked like this was their first pre-season game with a a lot of new faces. No need to panic and def no need to throw Melo in the garbage bin either.
KP tho :smokin
Rose, with half his knees still :smokin
Lee gonna be that perimeter defender we need soon :smokin
Noah :\ , verdict is still up in the air. I foresee a habit of missed games this season

O'quinn isn't a great backup center by any stretch. He shoots well from the line and he's from Queens. Guess I give him being a local pass :rolleyes

I'm not too upset bout the result of the preseason game. Had to catch highlights since I haven't been in the states for a few days, but I expected the first preseason game's defense to be terrible. This is a brand new team, so they're gonna take a lil while to gel. KP was awesome, can't wait for the real season to start man.

Last edited:
This team is trash.

The Triangle is an antiquated system that places us at a severe disadvantage in the modern NBA. Phil cares more about elevating his own philosophy than he does actually putting together a foundation. He will continue to meddle and make us run sets that make no sense and we will chuck up mid-range jumper after mid-range jumper.

Defensively :x

Brandon Jennings, as I told y'all last week, sucks. The bench overall will be horrible this year.

Noah is my guy and will help KP develop and team culture overall but he's shell of himself and will be lucky to play 60 games.

I just hope this is the year Melo realizes that a split is best for both parties. It's the KP era now and we need to focus on getting young guys for him to play with for the rest of his career. Also just want to see him get the chance to play on a contender for his last couple years of relevancy.

Last edited:
Meh, I am glad we got Brandon Jennings

Yeah, he didn't shoot well but he isn't the only guy. Others didn't shoot well

To be honest, I like his game last night beside his horrible shooting

At the beginning, Derrick ignored KP in the first half. He didn't really make plays for KP. It's all good. Derrick was trying to find his rhythm in the game

Brandon was the first guy who made a play for KP in the first half. Remember KP dunked on two guys. That pass came from Brandon. It was his first assist of the game. After that, Derrick started making plays for KP in the second half

Last edited:
Y'all think all those missed wide open looks and blown layups are gonna translate to the regular season ? :lol:

The defense was dreadful because for one it's our first preseason game and Horny said there was no defensive gameplan also KOQ is really bad and was our starting center

Lee, Holiday, and Rose to a lesser extent can all defend the perimeter and with more chemistry and gameplaning you will see

The rose/Jennings pick and roll with porzingis is gonna be deadly. It just has to be run more in different sets which will happen

Porzingis needs to get the bulk of his minutes at the 5 when Noah is on the bench. His perimeter defense is really bad against stretch 4's

My only concerns with this team is and will always be melo adjusting his game. He has a tendency to hold the ball while being stationary at the worst times, nothing wrong with him going iso but it is when he's just standing there jab stepping while other players (holiday, Lee, rose) were cutting to the basket wide open. With more chemistry melo will find those guys resulting into easy layups

Randall, Ndour, and Plumlee will make the team. Baker will end up in Westchester

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom