Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Look at the Spurs. They never tanked. One bad season, got their Duncan and continued to scout exceptionally well and find talented players. They built around what they had. No reason we can't do that.

:rofl: :rofl:

They absolutely did tank.

That is how they got Duncan. They were one of the originals to do it.

And San Antonio has the best culture/ownership/organization in sports while we owned by an inept dumbass.

And Minnesota isn't even comparable. Those kids are babies, they are 21. Basketball is a grown man sport and when those guys are grown men, they will be really, really good. It will just take a while.

Duhon, Mardy Collins, Toney Douglas, Felton, Lin, washed Baron Davis, washed Billups, Bibby, Jose Calderon??? I can live with Rose until we find at least a good pg or convince J Kidd to come back. :lol:

This was the last post I saw in here before I went off the grid

Man 
tired.gif

Look at the Spurs. They never tanked. One bad season, got their Duncan and continued to scout exceptionally well and find talented players. They built around what they had. No reason we can't do that.

:rofl: :rofl:

They absolutely did tank.

That is how they got Duncan. They were one of the originals to do it.

And San Antonio has the best culture/ownership/organization in sports while we owned by an inept dumbass.

And Minnesota isn't even comparable. Those kids are babies, they are 21. Basketball is a grown man sport and when those guys are grown men, they will be really, really good. It will just take a while.
They had one bad season after the admiral went down just like we did when Melo was hurt and got KP. The difference is they kept building around what they had instead of continually blowing it up like you and everyone else wants. The foundation of their dynasty post drafting Duncan was built around late first rounders, second rounders and solid veteran transactions. They then went out and traded a good role player for a kid no one really thought was a superstar in the making when they drafted kawhi. The Spurs model shows how you can win and build without enduring 7 straight losing seasons.

They had one bad season after the admiral went down just like we did when Melo was hurt and got KP. The difference is they kept building around what they had instead of continually blowing it up like you and everyone else wants. The foundation of their dynasty post drafting Duncan was built around late first rounders, second rounders and solid veteran transactions. They then went out and traded a good role player for a kid no one really thought was a superstar in the making when they drafted kawhi. The Spurs model shows how you can win and build without enduring 7 straight losing seasons.

they also had the same coach for more than a season. THAT is where the continuity needs to start.

I'm starting to worry about KP. Dude always shows flashes but for some reason cant put a string of consistent all around games together. Last year he was almost a double double machine. Now he averages what 5 rebounds? Airballing wide open jumpers. Etc

I'm starting to worry about KP. Dude always shows flashes but for some reason cant put a string of consistent all around games together. Last year he was almost a double double machine. Now he averages what 5 rebounds? Airballing wide open jumpers. Etc

Lol well I wasn't watching KP last yr but wasn't he playing the 5?

I think Hornacek is finally beginning to understand that you can't play Noah and KP together.. Unfortunately, he is preferring to play Noah instead of KP instead.

Last edited:
i thought the same thing and even last year too... like ya hes really good but not really consistent... i just hope hes not like gallo who shows a lot of potential but is only a really good role player and thats it.... i guess the good thing is KP can at least play defense

I checked out of the season guys, if any of you guys continue to watch you are true masochists..... :lol:

Starting to remind me of the season two years ago where we had just gotten Pookie and Lance Galloway was the highlight of our team.... :x

Why can't we get lucky like the Clippers and have our owner have a scandal that gets him removed.... :smh:

To quote the great Joe B what a disaster bro..... :smh:

Gallo is the same player as a rookie and now. Feel like he never really worked on his game, just became a smarter player from experience.

KP is a gym rat so hopefully he'll actually get better.

It's clear he's not really healthy right now.

If the Knicks were smart, he wouldn't be playing every game, they would give him nights off and have him on a minutes limit.

He struggled with anemia as a kid, is 7'2 (those guys generally don't hold up to well), and he is still painfully thin.

He needs to be brought along slowly so he can really physically adjust to the NBA. One of his foreign coaches already said the Knicks have no clue what they are doing and they are really taxing him.

It's clear he's not really healthy right now.

If the Knicks were smart, he wouldn't be playing every game, they would give him nights off and have him on a minutes limit.

He struggled with anemia as a kid, is 7'2 (those guys generally don't hold up to well), and he is still painfully thin.

He needs to be brought along slowly so he can really physically adjust to the NBA. One of his foreign coaches already said the Knicks have no clue what they are doing and they are really taxing him.

Didn't you just want to give him the keys to the franchise? Now you're saying he's being overused? (Which I believe he is as well). Can't be jumping back & forth though bruh.

I'm not even sure about building a team around KP anymore tbh.

Exceptional young talent, yes.

But build a team around him as the #1 player? Not so sure that would take us out of mediocrity.

We need a lot more pieces around him still.

i knew there would be a time where KP would get injured it was just a matter of when it was going to happen...theres no way a guy as big as KP can be that athletic and not injury prone... every big guy that played in the NBA has had injury problems and they werent close to as athletic as KP... look at yao, big Z, oden who had short careers and even embiid was injured his first 2 years... hopefully KP can stay healthy and play a long career

What I meant by giving him the keys was letting him be the centerpiece.

Right now, him as the centerpiece, would result in a top 5 pick for the next three years.

Haze is right in a sense. I think KP can definitely be a #1 guy but he isn't LeBron. No player in the league is good enough to take a bad team out of mediocrity except for him.

We should be tanking out for the next few years and trying to get all-star pieces around KP.

Knicks should stay away from free agency cause it never goes well for us and now with the new CBA agreement, its exponentially harder to lure away top free agents. There is more of a impetus than ever before to build through the draft.

The knicks almost never got a top free agent. Star players just dont want to play here long term. I dont know if it's the distractions, the media, the owner, the expectations, or us just sucking in general. Probably why we always get players past their prime. They just wanna cruise and enjoy the city life without having too much on their shoulders.

So going through the draft and hopefully drafting studs that others want to play with def is the best option.

Last edited:
Didn't you just want to give him the keys to the franchise? Now you're saying he's being overused? (Which I believe he is as well). Can't be jumping back & forth though bruh.

bro...i've seen this so many times. i say it's too early for KP to be the main guy, play the 5, etc. and i get blasted. then as time goes by, other people start to agree :smh: it's cool though. like when damn near everyone was pointing every finger they had at Melo bc of our losing streak. then he puts on a few good games in a row and it's silent. i'm not tryna throw shade, but maybe everyone should just cool it a bit.

Our draft history sucks as much as our free agent history...

que Alonzo gif. i don't think we've drafted an all star since...Pat? that's including players that had gone on to other teams.

Back
Top Bottom